War Declaration period for not paying is not healthy for the game

War Dec’s could always be avoided by hiding like cowards in NPC corps. CCP never fixed the ability to hide from war Decs. Now we have online player counts of less than 34k, go figure.

They even removed friendly fire from corps hence the reason abomanations who hoover up noobs then neglect them exist.

Every corp except new bean NPC corps should be deccable, after 90 days players should be tossed out of the NPC corp when Dec’d leaving a corp should be a 7 day timer. Remove disabling friendly fire option. There you go npe fixed.

1 Like

No they did not remove friendly fire. It is still there, you just have a toggle switch for it.

2 Likes

You know how when you subscribe to EVE, you pay the $15 (or whatever) up front and then that entitles you to 30 days Omega from that point. If you continue to pay the subscription each month, then Omega continues. If you don’t pay though, your account drops back to Alpha.

Wars work in a similar way. To declare war to begin with, the fee is paid up front. That entitles the aggressor to 1 week of war, which doesn’t start immediately. There is a 24-hour notification period before aggression can begin.

After 6 days from the original declaration, the wardeccer receives a notification of a bill to pay to continue the war. If they pay, then the war continues.

If they don’t pay, then the war is declared invalid by CONCORD and everyone receives a notification that the cooldown will occur and the war will end after 24 hours.

So just like subscribing to EVE, war requires an upfront payment. It’s not post-pay and there is no free week of war.

I think we are digressing here.

This is not about wardecs being good or bad. The OP has a misunderstanding of how wars work and multiple have no corrected him.

So lets not derail this by ravings of a better a time and new ideas are bad grrr… and so on.

1 Like

Non-consensual PvP will never be put back into the game. In fact, the last remaining method—ganking—is on its way out as is evident by recent changes, and will probably be neutered within the next 2-3 years. The player count is going to dip under 5 figures at some point, and in a last-ditch effort they’re going to put out a “Safety First!” expansion and give EVE the Echoes rule set. The politically-correct SJW culture is exerting pressure on gaming demographics with which CCP is neither able nor willing to deal.

It’s already happening to many other games, even high-profile ones. Just read up on what happened during the New World development cycle.

brewlar alt, no reason to keep arguing with them.

1 Like

New world is a lame goosce, it was a game designed to fill the PvP mmo vaccum left by Eve’s exit from the PvP mmo gerne. Its pve like eve was an after thought.

Like CCP, new worlds managers chased this month’s 1/4 and priorotised their least polished aspect, pve, both are now fail trending.

Thank you, for taking the time to answer my query on eve forums.

God knows why others can’t just do the same.

How do I find that? I mean, what query on Google can lead me to that info? Might you have a link to read up on it? That interests me and I’d like to read up on it.
Should I go on its Steam forum?
I’m good at internet research but on this - the quoted part - I’ve no idea where to start.
Thanks for any lead you may provide.

TLDR: New World was supposed to be a hardcore open-world PvP game. Then they focus-tested it, and their test subjects absolutely revolted and crucified the game, and upon doing some “market research” they decided to completely change the core nature of the game, and zombified it into the PvE game it is today, with a “PvP toggle” and everything. They did such an extreme u-turn, in fact, that they even refused to have PvE and PvP servers (like WoW does, for example), because of how contrary the PvP “concept” was to the gaming experience they decided to convey, and didn’t believe that adding an additional PvP mode would be remotely financially viable because gamers these days just want to mine and craft and not get griefed by the sociopaths.

1 Like

@Destiny_Corrupted I simply need more info on that. Going to search all that online and read it firsthand. It’s incredibly nuts but not really surprising.
I’m so glad I didn’t succumb to my immaturity and bought that game.
Thanks for the rundown.

i think you’re greatly confused as to the actual effect this had on player retention, because being unable to join a corp is what causes a lot of players to leave as they don’t get that sense of community, what you’re actually upset about is that CCP removed your ability to wardec random newbros to pad your killboards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are no PvP servers anymore in WoW. There’s a warmode toggle in Retail and people complaining about not finding enough targets anymore in the open world because only few players switch to PvP.

There are still PvP servers in Classic, but most of them suffer from extreme faction imbalance, basically transforming them into PvE servers for the “winning” faction.

To be fair though, that still happens. Only difference is, they now make themselves war deccable intentionally when they drop their first structure.

Sure, but thats a deliberate opt-in, and they do so willingly, previously you just had to be in a non-NPC corp and you would get shot, the number of times i get decced just for living in jita was hilarious

Hi Mina, I know I watched the YouTube video about this, so had to go track it down. Here’s the Link:

NW Woes

The reviewer is Josh Strife Hayes; he’s good at analysing all-things Gaming, and particularly convincing on game design flaws. It’s lengthy, but well-illustrated and right on point.

1 Like

@Sasha_Nemtsov
Thank you so much!

Consider the post partially answered.

1. yes the wardec gets 1 week paid for. But hen if they cannot pay or will not pay it ends. Thank you @Brorr_Liason

2. so why do they get an extra 24 hours free pew pew at the end?.

The 100mil gives you 1 week (7days) of war. The payment must be made on the 6th day or the 24 hour cooldown period starts. You don’t get an extra 24 hours free. That 24 hours includes the 7th day.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation.

This is exactly what I needed.