War decs should cost 10m additional isk for each outgoing war

So ccp nerfing them just caused them to consolidate into a larger group.

So nerfing them further will do what?

Also, when ccp nerfed decs did it cause more people to play??

Apparently not.

And one final thing…making it even more expensive to dec doesn’t stop wardeccers targeting you. So if you’re just pissed at getting decced, the way to stop that is to take down your structures.

If they are anchoring structures they no longer count as a noob. The game mechanics clearly state that the structure makes you war eligible. People used NPC stations for many years just fine before citadels came out and still do. The problem is all in your head.

3 Likes

They aren’t basic toys.

They are war eligible toys.

3 Likes

The average newer player has 500m+ to blow on a station?

Look its simple, set up a holding corp and a dummy corp. When Dec comes, move the stuff to holding (nondeccable corp). Fuel structure and then build new one elsewhere. Its totally evading the point of the wardecs being tied to structures but its what is done.

2 Likes

All those hisec (? ) corporations have enough money to put up structures and make themselves war eligible by doing so. That falls under the category of “rich”. They could use some of that money to learn to defend themselves. Claiming a right to use basic toys is okay if you also take the consequences into consideration. There’s a reason why some corporations choose to not put up structures.

The balance is this: those hisec (?) corporations accumulate wealth in a relative safe and continuous way. Hisec wardec’ers are there to take some of that unchallenged wealth. Building and smashing sand castles.

Basically EvE means you’re free to gather wealth on condition that you’re ready to fight for it.

2 Likes

Question: were you decced because your structure was unfuelled?

Wars are done? It’s barely March and already the mega hisec war dec coalition has 1655 finished wars for 2020 alone. Doesn’t seem like wars are done to me.

That’s why I made this thread. Because things are just continuing as they were before. That’s possible because the mercs all merged together into the mega hisec war dec coalition in order to continue as they did before.

1 Like

How many of those resulted in any destruction?

Let’s see. If we go back 100 pages on their zkill page that’s under a month of kills. 100 pages. With the overwhelming vast majority being kills, hardly any losses.

100 pages of zkill in under as month. Quite a lot of destruction then.

1 Like

Maybe grow a spine and move out of high sec. We get decced all the time and laugh because all they do is sit around in trade hubs for the most part. They never come out and bother us in the slightest. Wars are a joke and already too easy to avoid.

2 Likes

Why are you looking on Zkill?

You do know you can see a breakdown of exactly what was lost in what war ingame, right?

Also, how many wars do you think this proposed war tax would limit their capabilities to?

Most of those recent kills were in hubs, especially Jita. How do you rationalise that with them supposedly being at war?

Wars used to cost only a few million per week, this allowed small groups to war dec other small groups which happened alot, i had 2-3 man corps dec my 50 man corp. Now the cost is higher.

They used to have watchlist to tell when targets were online, they removed it making it difficult to know when they were online. So they started to send PMs which would notify you if they were online or not, now it doenst.

Now they cant war dec anyone unless they have a structure.

So no it is not needed.

It’s hilarious because your arguments have already been proven wrong by CCP. Just don’t bother with your trolling here.

And that’s what they’ll continue to do. Even if you make the dec more expensive.

War declarations worked with a scaling cost in the past. It led to “wardec-shields”. This one done by deccing each other until the price became so high only corps/alliances that didnt need a wardec (those outside high-sec) could afford them.
The current mechanic allows you to be immune if you have no structures. It doesnt get easier than that imo

3 Likes

So let me get this straight.

CCP Nerfed Hisec Wardecs by a huge amount. Now only corporations which own structures, can be wardecced.

Makes sense. If you are rich enough to own a structure, you should be rich and able enough to defend it.

Now, you want it to be nerfed again, because you dont want to defend your structure? You want to have your cake and eat it too?

Sorry, but no.

This is EVE. If you dont protect your cake, others will come and eat it for you.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m sure they’ll try their hardest to keep up this great thing they’ve got going. Great for them anyway. Not for everyone else.

That’s another reason why the fee should be increased incrementally for each additional war. Because they will need to consider at least the value of each war they declare. Is it actually worth it? If it’s just some new players with low value items they may decide not to declare war on that corp and then this system has done it’s job.

If you own a structure, you are no longer a smaller corp.

1 Like

I havent made any arguments?

Im literally asking questions to work out why you think you are at a disadvantage here?

Sounds like a rubbish opinion to me.