War favors attacker abuse

So why not just not own stations? Can’t get wardecked if you down own a station? Besides the bug thing. Going back to this concept…

I could own no ships as well that makes the game real easy.

Can I have your stuff?

Your dodging the question… Anyone can opt out of the wardec system by not owning an upwell station. which costs a lot to run and fuel

There are many public upwell stations run by big groups. TTT is a good example. Or I choose you

I will get back to you, i have a rorqual and a phoenix fully equipped and unable to be used because other players wont let me use them.

Oddly enough I can fly them without fear of others coming after me.

3 Likes

I feel like using them. It’s in the game and I like to help people all access is free to my Azbel. come do research and stuff for low taxes.

It is what it is I guess. Some people have a unwritten entitled privilege to own something. You don’t have to make an agreement you have the permission to wealth build. People who are marginalized and don’t have people will be denied that. This usually around 90% of the time follows racial lines.

Ok then. well owning a big station comes with the risk of people coming to bash it down. This is EVE. Stations have never been strong enough to solo repel an entire bashing fleet. They never will. Before the attackers didn’t even need stations to attack a corp. Read up on the old war system it was not pretty.

Get some friends. Do a defense fleet standup for what you own Right?

And if you do have a good defense fleet the defenders have more advantages then the attackers anyways

Some people a risk, others not. I wonder why?
260543_2

And other players feel like blowing them up. That’s permissible gameplay.

If you want your pilots to be safe from wars while having structures, take the advice several people have offered and put the structures in a holding corp with an alt that doesn’t need to be in space often (such as an industry alt). This keeps your PvE activity insulated from your PvP activity.

A risk for some, not a risk for others.

We need an NPC structure bashing system to bash structures owned by the rest of the players who have no risk for some reason.

Dodging the statement I made. Everything has risk in EVE. Especially in station ownership.

Get some pals,friends,mercs go and defend. A fully armed azbel + a 10man fleet can really do a lot. PVP isn’t that scary.

The attackers have risk? They can all die The defenders have risk? They can die also? Read the old war deck system It was nasty

Never a good place to go…especially regarding Eve.

I hear you, permission to wealth build by the majority is an issue in the real world as well as eve.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-03-09/racial-inequality-broken-property-tax-system-blocks-black-wealth-building

WTF are you talking about?

Why did you bring race into this, what is wrong with you?

Once again, get over yourself, just because you are unable to fly a ship because people will kill them does not equal some… you know what. I am not even going to get into that with you.

Just contract the ships across so I can fly my new ships that is just going to waste in your hangers. Oh if you another Kronos that would be super as well.

2 Likes

I think I’ll separate RL and EVE ^^ EVE is just space pixels man. Lets not get off topic here.

If you own a station you should be ready to defend it. Plain and simple. EVE is not Farmville were everyone is peaceful.

1 Like

Ok lets stick to the game only. Maintaining a war you can’t win is not about the game. It stops being about the game and is about attrition. Attrition is a real life attack. Time is a real life resource, not an in game resource, mental health is a real life resource and not about the game at all. People can attack real life with this system.

If someone chooses high sec this means they choose minimal real life resources. You can end warfare in High Sec or involuntary war ending mechanic. Take your pick but any costs of high sec war should be in game costs only.

I am glad you all agree to “in game” only.

I do agree it can be hard to find dedicated vets in HS. Most HS dwellers just get bored and leave its a lot for the average guy to do HS pvp when they have most likely never shot another player. There is a morale affect on people especially in HS.

But If you have many guys. and they are engaged, willing to have fun fighting for what they own and worked for. Fighting off a general war decking alliance would be quite easy. WeR4 for example or Wreaking machine. Being an engaged CEO is key. Who’s going to fight for something they aren’t interested or invested in?

Before any corp could be war decked w/o stations needed. There wasn’t a 100mil a week cost to it. the cost was based on how many people were in the corp. Today we have station requirements. wars cost a lot more (don’t get me wrong the wardeckers are super rich but it has reduced the amount of wars they can spam. ) And stations need cores. This weeds out the solo owners and keeps the actual corps who have real infrastructure and a defense around for possibly more engaging wars. I personally think the system we have now has really came along way.

To end most wardeck corps are in it for the ISK. some might be in it to ruin your corps day. But that’s just the risk to it. There is a attrition to this. A lot of people don’t want to fight wars and yet want to own stations. Its the HS mentality. That’s how I view it :slight_smile:

War decs are opt-in; nobody is forcing you to participate in them. Please take the advice of everyone here and move your structures to a holding corp so you can manage risk to the degree you clearly desire. Your structures will never be safe from war decs - the benefits structures offer are balanced by the risks they pose (in the form of ISK loss if the structure is destroyed). If you do not want the risks, you will need to give up the rewards, too, and stick to NPC stations.

1 Like