Wardec Mechanics are really balanced (tm)

2 Likes

It is only after the structure is anchored that matters.

Launching and scooping is a sign of fear.

Then how is that corp still in the war?

This is def fa bug/exploit but nobody seems to care about it :3

1 Like

Are you receiving multiple eve mails stating the war start and end date? As it looks like from watching the video that the process on launching then scooping instantly and repeating over and over could be causing what ever bug ?

Long enough question to perhaps help you decide what you need to do to find your own solution.

I think it’s the speed at which you drop the Poco then pull it back in.

Short time ago I was testing pos once I unanchered the war ended

Well the corp is still assisting in the war with no assets in space.

So that part works and it means you don’t even need a secret control tower in some random system on planet X - moon 15 to assist in a war. You can just launch a poco at a planet where you can’t anchor POCOs (tradehubs for example) and assist in a war, scoop the POCO again.
At that point I wonder why it’s even a requirement to be war eligible to assist in a war if it can be circumvented that easily and is not declared an exploit yet even tho I posted this here and on Reddit and somebody from CCP must have seen it.

1 Like

If you believe you have encountered or have detailed knowledge of an exploit or bug it is good practice to report it to CCP via the bug report system. Press F12 in game to access it, this will then inform the appropriate team.

They are probably not actively scrolling through reddit or the forums looking for these things as there is a system in place for it.

Thanks in advance,
ISD Kai.

Why is this a problem?

The point of having assets in space was twofold:

1. defenders can avoid wardecs in the first place by not having any assets in space. This “bug” does not violate this.
  2. attackers can create wardecs by putting something on the line to be destroyed. This “bug” does not violate this.
2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try this.

1 Like

did it work out? What did you do?
Assist in every war running to shoot everybody? x)

CCP doesn’t care about wardeck mechanics abuse.
BlackFlag drops to new alliances/corps everytime they lose their HQ.
They even invite absolute order who drop corp right after the HQ reffed.

1 Like

Sorry maybe I’m a bit slow today but what did BF invite absolute order to

So the CEO of Blackflag, Khromius , and it’s members has been rotating alliances between 3 different alliances ( Blackflag, Vendetta, and from high sec with love coalition ) to actively avoid the 2 week cool down. How is this not a violation of War mechanics. Svendhansen from WeR4 did something similar and y’all banned him for 2 weeks. This should not be allowed to continue. Every active war that they start should be voided and not be able to declare for 2 week. Khromius should be banned for 2 weeks like Svendhansen was.

1 Like

That’s not my understanding of it…

“Any corporation that is a member of an alliance at war may leave their alliance at any time. At the time of leaving, all active wars will be copied onto the leaving corporation and they will remain active for their current paid cycle. Those wars may be continued if the respective war bills are being paid by the attackers before the copied wars expire. If a corporation leaving its alliance becomes not eligible for wars, the war will still be copied over to the corp, but it will be begin the war cooldown the same way as if losing war eligibility during active wars”

That’s not what they’re doing. When their hq is destroyed, all their wars drop. They then quit their current alliance, at which point their in a npc, and then join another alliance ran by the same person.

CCP is just doing nothing because else they need to spend developer time to solve the weird mechanics of wardecs. They just postpone the issue every year.

Take a look at how this is worded by the way:

from https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/204873262-Known-Declared-Exploits

Sounds like CCP talks around the main issue (broken mechanics) and only cares about the emotional part.
It doesn’t matter if it’s harassment, because it’s broken. The fact that a group can after loosing instantly continue the same war again, prevents the intended mechanic that punishes them for loosing a war.
It’s basically a circumvention of the intended stuff and should be declared an exploit. It’s like circumventing the ESS gate and go in there with a destroyer to rob it.

That is an exploit, but why isn’t it an exploit if I circumvent the rules:

the attackers will have to wait out an enforced peace for 14 days, meaning they will not be able to re-declare any of the wars that were ended due to loss of their HQ

EDIT: Also this definition is funny:
Wars are a way to settle disputes between player entities

If you declare it an exploit, they will just put 3 alts in 3 different corps and round-robin wardec you one at a time with each of the 3 different groups in the 3 different corps. No jumping alliances/corps by characters needed.

That’s certainly not an exploit.

The real solution is to live while wardecc‘d or take down your structures.

3 Likes

Nothing’s broken. Wars are not between players, they are between corps and alliances. It is the corps and alliances that are war eligible or otherwise…not the players. The system prevents a player re-entering the same corp within 7 days, but there is nothing ‘wrong’ at all in them joining a different corp that declares war on the same target.

After all…a completely unrelated corp might declare such a war, and might contain a new member that was in the former corp that declared war and who simply left. There’s simply no way of differentiating this from deliberate ‘corp swapping’…which is I think why CCP don’t bother.

However, feel free to send CCP some code that would psychically work out whether a player simply left a corp innocently and joined a new one, or whether they ‘corp swapped’ deliberately for wardec.

When Wer4 did their thing they were kicking a corp from the alliance just before the warhq got destroyed. meaning the Alliance is suddenly no longer at war and never have the 2 week cooldown. Then use another corp in the alliance to put up a structure and continue the war. Meaning the alliance gets to avoid the 2 week cooldown.

Doctor Per was smarter and just created a bunch of alliances he jumped to continue war. Tickets were logged for both instances. The alliance 2 week bypass was seen as an exploit and people were punished. but CCP and Senior GM response on DocPer was… a pilot is moving from one alliance/corp to the next that is also at war and that is normal. Even after I escalated it it was still seen as fine even though the 7 alliances of DocPer was owned by him. It was just seen a chars moving from one corp to the next.

So CCP has drawn a clear line in the sand on that. Until they arbitrarily decide to state that is also an issue. But that means they then need to police character movements between corps. Which I doubt they will.

In truth the only things that might fix that is the removal of wars in highsec, but then they also need to block the use of structures in highsec completly.

2 Likes

Very unlikely. CCP has claimed wardecs are good for the game since forever, and CCP would never admit the failure addressing this issue and postponing it for decades.
I was hoping that after Black Desert got rid of their wardecs 1 year ago and their CEO even made a statement about it, and why it’s good for the game, CCP would change as well, but they didn’t.

They even used this system that all carebears and highseccers hated historically and tied it to the fundamentals of operating a structure in Highsec. So now it’s a really big problem to remove it without generating 999999 citadels in Perimeter <_<