WarDec System Change Failure

Yeah sure, they are a business and they want our money the same way a politician wants our vote.

But I disagree about the “not dumb” thing. There is a big difference between CCP and a politician, the devs at CCP may be absolute geniuses and know what they are doing but that doesn’t really matter. The company as a whole can be completely dysfunctional in certain capacities that it can be described as dumb.

And that is exactly what I perceive. A company who stumbled on a success that lasted for 15 years, with a lot of clever people that at one point “got” certain aspects of the game, and some of them may even still be around. But there are other people involved as well and they push it in other directions.

• Focus on isolated PvE minigames
  • The drive to make everything safer and self sustained, null included (ridiculous citadel timers, asset safety)
  • The push for additional monetization or FOMO into every shitty business model that seems to be the latest trend.

Those things collide with what the actual game was about and the essence that made people excited and willing to pay a subscription sometimes for decades. They are also not really helpful to make money for them. Maybe in the short term, but not in the long run. I doubt this game and with it CCP will survive another decade.

1 Like

A few more people having issues with the wardec changes as they currently are:

The system works! Huzzah

JJ…it’s borked…:clown_face:

So I’m late to the party, but the fact of the matter is, none of your opinions matter IN THE SLIGHTEST to CCP as the amount of money they make from any of you is DWARFED by the amount of money they make from the large Null Blocs.

Just look at the timing of the change and the way it was implemented. It was clearly in response to nullbois bitching about perimeter wars because the mechanics were too in depth and they didn’t want to have to use their noggins. Furthermore, if there’s anyone that the HQ mechanic empowers its the massive null-blocs.

I called all of this ■■■■ in the initial discussion. Gave all the information needed to know that all of this was a bad idea.

CCP is doing nothing but tailoring their speech to the masses but tailoring the actual actions taken to the whales and most of you are gullible enough to fall for it repeatedly. Real talk.

They’re cashing this game out, rate of decline shows we’ll be at 0 logins in 2 summers.

1 Like

I can sum up this whole thread if anybody new is coming in

Plz CCP #JustOneMoreNerf

3 Likes

Happy cake day.

Not sure this is the right summation. Pretty good number of posts want more aggression, not less. Nerfs aren’t needed, but a more development certainly is.

Happy cake day back at ya. Probably right I only read a dozen posts then posted that tbf. Don’t have the time for threadnaughts anymore sadly

Yep…NN clearly doesn’t understand what this thread is talking about and is just knee-jerking.

I liked Bladewise’s “game is ded” post though as it was entertaining to see how a HS mechanic effects the large Null Blocs…but of course that bit was skipped over sadly…still had lots of popcorn too :frowning:

Nah, he gets it. He just responded to one of my posts on the reddit thread about the PIRAT Fort.

Wouldn’t be so sure. The population of null players is something in the 10-15% region.

Ritarus are cheap as hell. Dust your favourite out of the way systems, pop enough fuel in for a bit if you need to make a speed bump et Voila

So the PIRAT Astrahus was blown up, and they even tried to defend it too, some people thought that this would not happen…, well I will just have a little smirk and a chuckle…

Looks like the war dec change is most definitely not a failure.

If you want to check it out look at the losses in Piak on Zkill.

1 Like

Zuanye Shashou has 47 wars pending
PIRAT has 150 active/pending

I would go on but it’s really that easy to make you look silly…

2 Likes

It was a great fight. I loved every minute of it.

We were outnumbered 1 to 5. At the end we knew we would loose the structure. But we wanted to kill some of them atleast. 50 people vs 200. :slight_smile:

We ended killing about 67 ships, we lost about 13 and our structure. At the end of the day even with the 2.4bill structure loss (which is chump change) we came out almost equel in isk loss in a fight like that. That is a major win for content creation.

New structures already up… cannot wait for the next one.

7 Likes

…and that is how you post a classy AAR.

Well done PIRAT

o7

1 Like

I wonder how much “tears” and grief would come of neutral bumping. Would really suck to get bumped off that station. Not so cool when the logi is pushed off…

Heck, with the right people getting angry that might actually be the end of no-consequences bumping.

:thinking:

…or just use a Higgs. Pretty sure that solves the issue (never tried it myself mind you).

That wasn’t the goal. The goal was to allow corps to be able to opt out and fight back in the threat of war.

You pulled one the 9th sentence out of the OP just to say “you are wrong”? Did you not read the other eight that came before it? Did you not read the first sentence where I actually said the current changes were a step in the right direction (which is mostly what you are referring to)?

To reiterate, what this WHOLE thread is about is what CCP was talking about in their Dec 2018 changes notification where they state and I quote:

“long-term goal of encouraging wars that have real risks and rewards and are engaging for all sides”

…and is further bolstered by the now infamous stat…

50% of all wars in EVE Online are started by just 5 groups

That is what is still the problem and maybe even worse now…hence this thread.

That is exactly as I was hoping it would be, content. I may have my issues with PIRAT in terms of that plonker botting with the supers, but what you are doing here is spot on, and I am glad that people are getting what is the best content in this game, sub cap battles without being dropped on by Titans and Supers…

The only thing I would change at this point is add a four day catch all to the war decs that dropped from that war dec HQ and give them the two weeks of respite from a renewal of the war dec.

I should add my smirk and chuckle was aimed at the people who said this would not happen, not at PIRAT themselves as such. :slight_smile:

Bumping is in fact part of the tools you have in PvP, when planning the defence of a structure most people use Leshaks with Nestors, the issue with both of them is the low range of energy transfer modules on both ships. So if that type of fleet comes in it is basically a number of neutral Macherials to bump them apart and a certain amount of cap warfare and of you go. If you have people to fleet up then people need to fit their structure for cap warfare.

One thing I would add to structures is a repping fit option, it would improve hisec no end, though it could screw up nullsec.

As a general comment I am quite happy with the way that war decs have developed at least at this early stage, there are a few issues and what I would do is perhaps give a one week war dec holiday to any entity whose war dec ends when the structure is reinforced to armour. @CCP_Falcon, perhaps this is an idea so it gets people in space trying to do this to create content, and if it is low power it is a done deal.

Many players are calling for reduced timers, but this would be a mistake, the focus should be on adjusting for the way people are trying to get around losing a structure and trying to avoid the impact.

1 Like