WarDec System Change Failure

Joker I spent 3 years in EVE University and I enjoyed Hi-Sec wars and fleet engagements . So do not assume that I don’t know anything about HiSec and its mechanics, please.
So you asked :

Let me answer;
Because I was originally from a hisec branch of a newbro teaching organization and a fan of this game and don’t want to see it fade away. I like PvP content as well and do want meaningful wars and conflicts over systems and resources. Although current system does not provide it. Mercenary corporations should be in game and people need their services of course, but current state favoring blanket wars from one big corporation against smaller, emerging hisec corporations and preventing their development without any real risk. Here, please note that I don’t say anything about wars against nullsec corps/alliances since they are already settled down and they can deal with it, but my concern is emerging players and corporations. And no, you are giving mmore damage to hisec corps then nullsec blocs. Nulllsec players can take the hit since they have more resources in their yard so they can recover. Hisec capsuleers cannot.

1 Like

My proposals emphasizing meaningful wars and content so more joy from PvP. So, no, I don’t think you are correct about my intentions.

1 Like

These corps can (and lots are) completely immune all together from wars.

100% safety from wardecs.

How are they prevented from developing?

1 Like

I liked the sentiment but in terms of your post that is already dealt with in terms of the war dec system as we have now, when I like dit I assumed that you were talking about the past system, but on reading it again after Scipio’s reply it seems to indicate that you think that it applies now. I think that putting up a structure is a next step up for corps and players. So yeah clarify that point that Scipio made.

No the facts, by an insider point of view, is that anyone who before was threaten by wardecs spam when, for example, doing l4 missions in a non npc corp for tax saves or hauling ( which ofc i respect, as anyone gamestyle, CODE included, if is theyr way to have fun), now are free to do it. Alt shell corp aswell allow to mine athanors being in a social corp safe from any wardeccer ambush.
This is what i see everytime i log-in, but numbers are on killboards anyway so free to check.
Now , since those was some of the changes strongly wanted by PVE side of game, i dont see the reasons from them to insist erasing another legit player gamestyle.

Hence the assumption this hurts more someone else.

Thats all.

2 Likes

Yes I get that point however if you had only gone after people on a sensible target selection I would feel you were right, but you misused the system completely and you are paying for it. You only have yourselves to blame.

I think it was needed to stop people from giving up on Eve, the putting down of a structure means that they are up for a war. Yeah holding corps are an issue and you will see people putting up Athanors and Raitarus with no defensive modules (they are worthless anyway) and accepting that as a loss. They are misusing the system just as much as you did in the past, they had to live with it for how many years, it is your turn now.

No, you hurt yourselves. I don’t know how long it will stay as it is, that some war deckers are unable to deal with this is a bit meh. But PIRAT seem to be doing a good job of it and enjoying it. As I said it is a shame that it came to this, but you did it to yourselves, if only you had done more targeted hisec war decs you would not be in this mess!

PS They need to add online status to the locator agents
PPS Looking at your killboard I can see you are a decent hunter, good on you.
PPPS I am still intrigued to hear your view on the OP’s weakness as a war decker, I guess you will not go for it as that is definitely a worse than carebear attitude imo.

1 Like

Yes, if a corporation wants to put up a structure,it SHOULD be ready wardecs and need to defend it, I agree on this. But when a corporation with 20-25 members put up a structure and then blanket wardecced by PIRAT you are not giving them a chance to defend themselves to get 2 weeks peace time if they succesfully destroy your structure (War HQ) but still you are evading that peace period system by dropping war right before the structure destrucution and redec with a new structure. Please do tell me why this is ideal when we had a new wardec system which supposed to give defenders a chance ? I have nothing against a new system apart from the apparent hole in the mechanics. That hole allows PIRAT to evade forced peace time period so they can harass emerging corps more. That was my point.

Excellent, you have it like me.

I agree with you that is wrong and needs changing in some way.

Yes, but not so much emerging corps because in my view and the view of war deckers they have emerged by putting up a structure. What you will find in these forums is that most of the forum warriors will pick up on slight errors like this to paint you as you are not, try to be a bit more precise in this. I say it having made the same errors as you in assuming that they would understand what I meant, but most of them are not really looking for a discussion sadly, just to score forum points.

I like you!

1 Like

And to be perfectly clear to all sides ; I DO want MEANINGFUL conflict and wars (PvP) instead 2 PIRAT and their alts camping hubs with their T3Cs and Leshaks to kill industrial ships of emerging capsuleers. I want regional & constellation wide conflicts for system and resource control, hisec wars over mining athanors and etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is no longer possible if people set themselves up properly, with a holding corp for the structures and a main corp with no structures, even Wh corps are doing that. The hisec wars will be based on plum Athanors. I have high hopes that this will develop quite nicely.

Thanks. Really appreciated for your time for the feedback I will be more precise and careful when expressing my ideas o7

1 Like

I like yuor thinking BTW so don’t feel that I’m kicking you by disagreeing. We both what the same thing it seems.

Oh and 1# step CCP needs to do ASAP is cut the ore by 90% across NE…you want to see people fight with cause, that would be it.

1 Like

That would probably reduce capital proliferation and we will see more subcapital fights around nullsec and more fun! But that is a different topic entirely :smiley:

And massive resource wars all over the universe…it would be great (so it wont happen :sob: )

You don’t. In your aim to stop PIRAT, you will kill wars in every other sense. PIRAT are the only large wardec group left.

They maintain about 20% of active wars at any point. Your proposals will virtually wipe out almost the entire other 80% of the 470-480 wars active at any point in time.

2 Likes

You are assuming too much and sadly you are always wrong. My aim to see “meaningful wars and content rich pvp”. You don’t have to believe it, but assuming my intentions is just far fetched. Regards.

Your own proposal shows how wrong you are in this assertion. You want to price everyone else out of wars, except for the people using mutual wars for non-pvp purposes (91 currently active mutual wars of the 480 active wars right now).

You may think you want to make wars somehow meaningful, but most of the active wars are already meaningful, but will be wiped out by your proposals. At least 50% of the current wars at least, will be eliminated by your proposals.

So no, you don’t want meaningful wars, your own proposals seek to kill off all of the current menaingful wars.

My proposal only makes blanket wardecs much harder not meaningful conflicts.
I think maybe you are the one who does not want real PvP content in the game?

Rubbish. Take the blinkers off and assess your proposal without your anti-pirat lens.

How many current wars are there?
How many different aggressors currently?
How many aggressors have just 1 war active?
How does your proposal impact groups that have meanigful wars already without your nerfs?

I bet you can’t serious answer a single one of those questions, so you really don’t know what the impact will be.

lol

1 Like

We all can talk as much as we want. In the end nothing we say will matter. CCP will implement what they want. Iterate and change and continue.

Also limiting people to large structures means that you price smaller groups out off being able to declare wars only forcing the fact that people come together into bigger groups.

I am firm believer that it should have been easy for smaller groups to function with wars and harder for larger groups.

But hey… that is the dream. As for now. Whatever CCP does, I will adapt and continue.

3 Likes