Wardecs are not the problem

I’ve been saying for a long time now, high sec corporations have no real reason to exist. Most people make them because they think they’re making a ‘guild’ and don’t understand the responsibilities are different on EVE.

Corporations need a reason to exist, they need incentives that discourage rolling or leaving them, and CEOs need (as OP stated) more accountability to their members. A while back, I suggested granting bonuses to members of corps based on the amount of time the corp was around, and the amount of time a member stayed in the corp. I think a lot of people misunderstood exactly how this would work, but basically, it was an idea I ripped from Black Desert Online that I’m sure, with a little balancing for the nature of EVE, and some polish, would work great. However, not many people liked this idea. They called it 'too unbalanced in favour of larger/older corps. The problem with that is, the larger/older corps already have an insurmountable advantage over new ones, so it would make absolutely no difference.

Anyway, the premises remain.

3 Likes