Warning sounds

…I want to be able to watch videos while mining."

Fixed that for you…Hope devs will see the topic and find it funny.

Wow, this is well resumed ! You really have some skills to synthesis a whole topic in two sentences, out of context… are you some kind of politician or something ^^

Yes, i want an alarm to be able to watch videos while i’m mining, because we can already do it anyway and everybody is doing it, because this is funnier. Is not the goal for the devs to make the game funnier ?

1 Like

Actually now I’m going to be the one that walks away as you clearly can’t…

Happy mining!

Yeah you are going on a edge here buddy…
Thanks bruh ! Hope you fun as well

But i mean… if you think about constructive critisisms, i’m all ears

1 Like

What are you even talking about with this? You can do this yourself. No one is preventing you from buying a second monitor.

The point being made is that the game is not improved by adding these additional warning sounds. They don’t serve to fix a problem with the game nor do they serve to improve the game.

The only thing it serves is to make your specific lazy playstyle safer. This translates into, “I’m bad at the game, I know what I need to do to improve, but I don’t want to do that, so I want the game to change for me.”

That’s why people are being critical. You know what you should do, (pay attention to mining and not just afk), but you’re refusing to do that. Instead you want the game to change and accommodate you (by introducing these new warning sounds).

You don’t know where i live, maybe a second monitor represents a month salary.

Yes the game will, because if i find it usefull, of course there will have other people who will too.

I’m not lazy, i just have other hobbys that fixing a screen without any pixels mooving for 10 min straight again and again. And yet again, if i think it usefull, it’s obvious that other people will.

YOU guys are being critical (do not generalize to “people”) because you guys think you know everything about the game and how to improve it. But apparently appart repeting yourself - and call me lazy, bad player, whining child, stubborn… despite i didn’t even talk bad to you… - you are not improving anything bruh

Of course i want the game to change and accommodate me, that’s why i’m here on this forum.

1 Like

That’s pretty entitled of you.

I don’t think anyone is being too critical. We’re saying, it’s much easier for you to just pay attention than it is for CCP to implement this new thing, just because you are lazy.

We do though. You’re being lazy and you want to be more lazy. We’re telling you, you can improve this situation by not being lazy.

Yeeeah nobody’s is being critical… did you hear yourself ?

You know what ? Maybe i’m lazy, who cares ? I don’t understand how can that be a problem to add an easy setting to programming for the devs, that will help everybody, and that will not at any means change the actual meta of the game. Stop talking around the subject and tell me objectively and constructively, point by point the cons. I’m ALL ears dude, go ahead

1 Like

Cons:
This is a waste of game development time, effort, and resources because it can be very easily solved by you just paying attention.

This only encourages people to be more AFK because they know there is a setting that will alert them.

There is an equivalent already implemented in the game by the visual notifications that is more than sufficient if, again, you are paying attention.

Specifically to the point about alerts when people warp in, this suggestion would make that game much too easy, especially for people who aren’t fully paying attention. Contributing to the game becoming even safer when it’s supposed to be dangerous. If you’re not paying attention to the game, then you should be put at a disadvantage, the game should not cover you for your own laziness.

You’ll notice that these are pretty much the same points I’ve been saying since the start. You’re the one who is talking around the issue :slight_smile:

Adding some fun can’t be a waste of development time. It’s not changing the meta at all, people with a second screen can already afk when mining. People who want to gank miners will like they always do.

There are only in the very early game when you have a Venture that is usefull to afk when mining, because with a better ship your cargo is full in no time.

You are saying the same useless things again and again without listening to me

1 Like

This is a bad idea and you should feel bad. Anything that makes it easier and/or safer to AFK or semi AFK should be a non-starter.

If mining is so boring, DON’T DO IT. I wish they’d come up with something to make mining more interactive so it would be much harder to AFK mine. It is a shame they nerfed “gun mining” a long time ago. I use to be able to get enough minerals for my industry needs salvaging drops from missions, but now it’s much less feasible.

Have you heard of our lord and savior the prospect? Covert cloak capable, with a mining yield similar to a procurer (with both at max skills). Maybe you’ll find some moon ore some nullsec alliance has left behind, or you can just head to a belt.

You gotta make your own content.

Guys, i don’t know how far your beggining was, but mining is the only way to make money alone… I just have no other choice. I need a lot of money to buy any ship i would, but only one way to get money relatively fast : by mining, so…

Yes i could be a pirate, or do some defense mission with a standard 300k ship and ranged weapons, but man it takes ages to make money, and that’s not the playstyle i want to head for…

1 Like

Unless you are operating on a large scale (see: teaming up with others for bonuses and logistics), mining is actually one of the slowest ways to earn ISK in the game.

It is a “low entry barrier” profession. This means that anyone can do it. And because anyone can do it, anyone can provide the product. And people do. Which is why prices for ore are so low; supply is much higher than demand.

If you “blitz” combat missions (see: don’t collect loot, don’t salvage anything, just run through as fast as possible) you can earn a pretty penny gaining NPC corporate Loyalty Points (see: you use them to buy things that are “exclusively sold” by the NPCs and then sell them on the player market)

Exploration is another way to make 10 mil here, 20 mil there. It requires more finesse compared to running missions and there will always be the frustration of “what ship will allow me to do all the things I need”… but it may keep your entertained.
Especially if you venture out in low-sec, null-sec, and W-space (which is where the really valuable stuff is).

Joining Faction Warfare and running complexes in a ■■■■-fit frigate in low-sec will literally earn you gobs of Loyalty Points. You can then trade them in for stuff to sell on the market and the net revenue will be VASTLY more compared to mining.
And you get some cheap thrills trying to avoid getting killed in low-sec. :slight_smile:

If you have more brainpower than myself you can also do planetary interaction and set up a passive income stream. It would merely require you pick up stuff at specific times, drop it off at specific points, pick up other stuff at different places, and then sell them.

Mining is only ONE way to make ISK in the game.

Hell… if you joined the right PvP corporation, people will literally GIVE you tons of cheap frigates to go out and literally die in. And with each ship destruction the game’s insurance system will provide a small payout to you for a ship you never spent a penny on!

3 Likes

This is wrong.

You can clear combat anomalies, run missions, market trade. If you’re creative enough, I’ve seen people make isk drawing MS Paint pictures and composing poems for people in Jita local.

You feel like this is the “only” way to make isk because you’ve decided to tell yourself that everything else is scary or impossible to do.

It will only take “ages” if you’re afk mining in highsec asteroid belts.

Dude, i make 1mil in 30 min by mining with a venture. A venture costs 200k. To makes money with ecploring, you need at least a 10mil ship and you get like… 5 mil in a hour or so… so sorry but, mining IS the fastest way to make money at the beggining.

And anyway, this is not for how this topic is about. I just wanted to give ideas for good features.

1 Like

Sorry… but years of experience in EVE and helping newbies along the way say otherwise.

1 mil is pennies compared to what you can earn in other activities.

Okay… then let us touch on your idea:

Your idea:

• Have the game let you know the moment an asteroid has been depleted.
  • A passively-active warning sound when other ships are in proximity.

My takeaway: “I want the game to tell me when to pay attention while I am doing other things outside the game. This way I can be ‘safer’ / more efficient while I am curing my boredom elsewhere.”

My questions:

• Why do mining when it is boring? (I will point to the various newbie-friendly activities I listed in my previous post… mining because you “have to” or “there is no choice” is nonsense)
  • Why should the game promote AFK gameplay and make you safer (by alerting you to threats) when you are not paying attention?
  • If you are bored or want to make more money, why not join up with a group of people? It doesn’t have to be “great” or “well known” group. Simply people you can chat with and learn from.
    – NOTE: In my humble opinion, the best groups of people (see: the ones you want to be a part of) are those who do not advertise themselves. You simply find them while doing stuff. Often you will be killed by them. But if they like your personality and attitude, they will make you one of them.

You have options.
Lots of them.
And it is not the game’s responsibility to help you be safer or more efficient.

1 Like

So, give me your expertise then, how can i get more than 2mil / h without skills trainined ?

1 Like

Your turn. Tell me how to make more than 2 mil / h without skill training.

1 Like

Are you guys crazy ? How don’t you get that if mining is boring, devs should do something about it ? I just threw here ideas about features, that’s it. If you are not happy, then think about something else, i’m sure you can find better ideas than me. Because if i tell you that i don’t care if there are other ways to make money, and just wanna mine because i always dreamed about space mining ? If we can mine in EVE, then it shouldn’t be boring. But you know what, i have another monitor now, so i can afk farm in peace, no need those features anymore you stupid asses. That could’ve been great for everybody anyway, and because i’m a programmer, i can tell you that is really easy and fast to develop that if the game project has been well thinked. But you know what, fok it. I really don’t get why i’m getting a headache to try to explain some logical things to dudes who is clearly here to troll people.

1 Like