Warning sounds

Off the top of my head…

Faction Warfare:

• Choose a side that is “losing” (see: doesn’t have many systems under their control)
  • Grab a Tech 1 Frigate
  • Fit a MicroWarpdrive
  • Fit enough firepower (120+ dps) and tank to take out a decently tanky NPC frigate (a proper Tech 1 module fit can be good enough in most cases)
  • Find a “backwater” system that doesn’t see much traffic
  • Go to the Novice complexes. Warp to the beacon, use the acceleration gate, kill the NPC, then orbit within range of the structure. When a new NPC comes in, kill that too
  • Keep D-Scan open and run when you see ships on short range scan
  • Keep Orbiting the structure until the timer hits zero
  • Rake in the Loyalty Points
  • Buy exclusive Faction Warfare stuff from the NPC Loyalty Point market and sell on the player market for large markups.

There are literally dozens of “Farmers” in Faction Warfare that use Ventures to do this!

Ninja Salvaging:

• Grab a Destroyer
  • Fit with small Salvagers, an Afterburner, scan probes, and Cargo Expanders
  • Use Exploration Skills to find places that others are running missions in (note: systems with lots of mission runners will yield good results)
  • Go into another player’s mission
  • Start to salvage all the wrecks you can find (you can legally do this without incurring any penalty as long as you do not take any loot from the wrecks)
  • Rinse and repeat

Salvage can net you a pretty penny AND has the added bonus of pissing other players off… which leads to some fun encounters and TONS of smacktalk!
Alternatively, you can always ask a mission runner if you can tag along and salvage his/her wrecks. Mission runners that are geared towards “biltzing” missions are not really interested in salvage anyways.

Suicide Ganking:
Interestingly… the one activity that is the least intensive in terms of character skills (see: newbie friendly) just so happens to be one of the most “villainous” and social things in the game. And can net a pretty penny if the target is carrying enough expensive stuff.

• Join a ganking corporation
  • Fit out a ganking destroyer
  • Follow directions and nuke ships of high value with others
  • Split the loot
  • Create an alt character on the same account for more… “legal” activities when you are not ganking (or vice versa)

I can list more, but I believe I have made my point.

To each their own. There is no shame in mining if you genuinely enjoy mining.
However, your posts seem to indicate that you do not like the “problems” that come with mining solo or AFK (see: low ISK return for time spent and risk of being attacked unawares).

To that I say… “improvise, adapt, overcome!”

What do you suggest?
Activate a mining laser and then a mini-game comes up where you have to keep the beam in the middle of a targeting reticle?
That is equally boring and simply adds tedium into the mix.

Mining is an “entry level” activity much the same way burger-flipping is.
Sure you can make your first few million from it, get yourself started in the game… but unless a person is prepared to invest and turn things into a a “large scale operation” (which requires other players and/or alt accounts) there will always be a limit to how much one single person can earn. And this limit is less than what other activities can potentially offer.

Just because you have a job writing code/scripts it does not necessarily mean you are better at “design” or “troubleshooting” than the rest of us.

Oh, no one is debating on the difficulty of implementing the changes you proposed.

What people are taking issue with is, “why should AFK gameplay be catered to?”

Pot, meet kettle.

3 Likes

You can belt rat in nullsec for 45 seconds and kill a single NPC battleship for 1.15m isk.

You can also take a VNI and rat in nullsec for 30m/hr.

You can run T5 abyssals for 300m/hr (this is what I currently do).

You can go wormhole diving and run relic sites for an average of 80-120m/hr.

You can scam in Jita for billions in a single instant (but I know you won’t because your ego makes you think what little reputation you have is worth something).

Hell, you can do some dumb Project Discovery for almost 1m isk per slide.

Look, the tldr is this. Grow a damn spine. You’re only playing at best 2% of the entire game doing the lowest effort and most casual thing ever. You can train bare minimum skills and go belt ratting in nullsec. And make vastly more isk that mining in highsec. In fast, there are thousands of people who are doing this right now. And many corporations that would gladly help you put. But your misguided sense of pride and ego won’t let you do that, will it?

Swallow it, read some guides, watch some YouTube videos and realize that even as an alpha you can make more than this cowardly highsec mining. And especially don’t veg ccp to implement a new mechanism in the game just because you are bad.

Like what? Make it more lucrative for you specifically?

wait do you like it or is it lame? if it’s lame why do you like it?

Well, but except for the faction warfare thing, there are no wealth creation here, this is stealing on people that have the skills and ships to do stuff you can’t. If everybody do that, the game can’t work… so, should i be the 1% of assholes doing it ? I don’t know. Not my real life values tho. But fair enough, that works.

Plus, for the faction warfare thing, for me the most viable way of the 3 you told us, i’m not really sure you don’t need quite some of skills and ISK to get a ship to have 120+ dps and the tankyness you need. Never tried it before so i don’t know.
Anyway man, this is some ideas a begginer cannot have because they don’t know the game that well. I play this game for 2 months now and i play a lot and still not understand 50% of what you tried to explain to me. So, mining still the easier way to get money for begginer. Should it be boring ? It’s you to know.

Why shouldn’t we afk mining ? Why is that bad if it’s funnier than the actual system ? Why are you people so against that ? Everybody is actually afk mining ANYWAY, DON’T YOU GET IT ?

Then if you are ok to tell that begginers need to go for mining to at least get their first steps, then why is mining boring ? It can’t be, this for the new players in the game…

Never said that, but yeah it means so. I am obviously better at troubleshoot and design in game projects.

And my question is, why mining is boring ? Why can’t we add simple features that will benefit everyone, and afk miners ? Why can’t we afk mining ? In what is that bad if it’s funnier than the actual system, that is anyways not working because everybody is already afk mining ?

1 Like
  • A lot of people is belt rattling as you just said, so doing that with a 300k battle ship will not do the work. A Corvetor with combat drones will just crush me up.
  • I don’t know what VNI is. Should a begginer know that ? And how ?
  • I don’t know what is T5 abyssals. Should a begginer know ? And how ?
  • I can’t wormhole diving and run relic sites without a explorer ship that costs 5mil and a month of skill training. Same for Project Discovery (i think, don’t sure about that)
  • I don’t want to scam because i have honor and that’s not something i would do in the real life. And btw, this is just a glitch of a bad economy conception who the ISK value is not fluctuating an off, that you can do that.
1 Like

Nah i just explained my idea, in the top of the conversation. Take a look. Never talked about lucrative sh1t

1 Like

I like the idea of mining asteroids in space, but this is lame in EVE Online. Do you want more words or that’s it you get it ?

1 Like

@Mojo_MTP,

Don’t bother replying to most of them, if you look at their posting history, you’ll see most of them just want to argue, demean and nitpick in an attempt to derail the thread.

As for your idea in the OP, it’s a good one that has been constantly asked for by players. CCP is just very slow at making changes.

This game is advertised as being set in a futuristic technological space environment which means at the very least there should be warning bells, whoops and whistles assigned to specific functions, as well as some automation sequences happening too.

Anyway, don’t let these few nay-sayers push your buttons, just keep on thinking up ideas, make sure to look at both pros and cons about it, think it through and make sure it can’t be exploited and definitely make sure it’s balanced.

1 Like

I mean… i like training my repartee so :slight_smile:

Yeah maybe they should reprogram some parts of the game in Java to add evolutibility…

That’s what i was about to say ^^ “You think you couldn’t watch videos while mining asteroids in a real spaceship working with thousands years old perfectionned AI ?”

Thanks for your support bro. I appreciate that. Thanks for the tips !

1 Like

No problem, it’s a good idea you posted. Not having that in-game actually breaks game immersion.

Anyway, good luck and by the way, in case some replies get a bit nasty and don’t conform to forum rules, the 3 dots in the bottom right corner of the posted reply has option to ‘Flag’ the reply for moderation.

1 Like

Ooooh nice. I’ll remember the flag thing. <3

1 Like

Here’s the Forum Rules and try not to abuse the ‘Flag’.

You seem pretty dead set on refusing to improve yourself as a player, so I’m not gonna bother with you anymore. Just know that ccp won’t implement changes into the game for a player who hasn’t even taken the time to figure things out and at least try to improve their own situation first.

Dude, what harm will adding some bells and whistles do? It’s a quality of life improvement for the game, it definitely can’t be exploited and there’s no balance issues.

I’m not playing EVE to “improve as a player” but to “have fun”, and it’s not my job to think how to. I’m just a volunteer here. But i pay 15 bucks per month for this game. And i’m trying here, right now to improve my situation. But if you have a REAL way to makes more than 2mil / hours, whith less than 5 mil and 2 weeks training, whitout any help, glitch and/or game community breaking then i’m all ears.

This is hilarious.

He is asking for warning sounds so he can semi-AFK mine easier. So he does not have to pay attention to what he is doing in game and watch a film on another screen or do other things in RL while mining too.

And you are stating that not having these warnings “breaks game immersion”
:rofl:

You obviously have no experience working with military or Industrial equipment. Hell, I highly doubt you even actually pay attention while watching space themed movies. Cuz if you did then you’d know exactly what I’m talking about.

So yeah pubie, go ahead and laugh it up. Come back after you’ve matured and gained some real experience with high tech equipment, then we’ll talk.

Granted, I may not have the experience with military or industrial equipment that you believe translates so well to a computer game… But I can assure you, that warning sounds on such equipment are NOT so you can operate them while watching a film on another screen instead of paying attention.

Anyway I am glad your “real experience with high tech equipment” has meant you are such an authority on internet spaceship computer games!

So you worked with asteroids mining equipment ? :upside_down_face: