Weird, Sick, Possibly Demented Suggestion

Miners now have a log of how much minerals they have mined. It is well known in eve that “Crew” members are on board pirate ships and even our ships. I’d like to suggest a new PvE log that keeps track of the number of crew members we’ve killed while ratting… #reasons.

6 Likes

I think that might break the game, friend.

1 Like

I support this suggestion, and would expand it to include crew members lost in PvP also.

3 Likes

Could we make a rough calculation with the info available now if we wanted? Faction standings graph / list for npc and combat log for pvp?

Just think; most of those ill-fated souls probably only joined pirates to get off the miserable rocks they were unfortunate to be born on. Perhaps they were trying to improve their lot in life or support their families by the only means they could find.

And we cut them down by the millions.

I hope you’re happy murderer.

3 Likes

I just wanted to know when I’ve killed more people than the entire current population of Earth atm…

2 Likes

Question: Does it apply retroactively? Will it count every kill I’ve already had, or does the counter start at zero?

Quite.

1 Like

Would ironically be quite easy to implement on CCPs part as it would just be an internal counter of number of ships, by type killed, increasing then multiplying by number of crew per ship type on avg to spit out a total number.

It would really give a bit of perspective or immersion tbh. Even in a large null sec fleet fight it would tell how many “innocent” mortal crewmembers died in order to take that citadel or hold that system. Or how many died to make you X amount of isk and keep you rich off their blood ratting anoms or L4s or even incursions that were “liberated” into death from Kuvakei’s slave powered ships.

The only downside is that the numbers for some people would be simply ridiculous to the extreme even given billions or trillions of people in inhabited systems spread over thousands of solar systems. So the numbers themselves might get stupid real fast which would break any immersive effect or even enjoyment they might have in the beginning.

4 Likes

What will happen if someone mainly rat rogue drones/sleepers?

1 Like

And thus born is a new Event:

EVE ONLINE: Genocide!

KILL ALL MORTALS!

Muahahahahahahaha :grin:

4 Likes

lmfao… i like it…

1 Like

We have crew members? Thought it was just me in a pod, with a load of wiring.

1 Like

5 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, never looked into if I had crew or not. OK CCP my ship needs a medical section, to help my crew members recover. Especially after a nasty encounter with dangerous pirates.

1 Like

What about structures? Do you know how many FOBs are killed every day? https://zkillboard.com/group/1924/

"M-OEE8 Death toll estimated to be approximately 62,455,000 after destruction of Keepstar"
see 4:13

3 Likes

BILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIE EVERY DAY
UPWELL IS NORMALIZING GENOCIDE
THEIR MISSION IS TO CREATE CORPSES FOR THE DRIFTERS
AND THEY’RE USING CAPSULEERS TO ACHIEVE IT
WE’RE GOING TO BE NEXT

It’s a really slow Monday for me today…

3 Likes

Lets see what CONCORD officials have to say about that.

8 Likes

Instead, I propose that EVE randomly assigns an “important” NPC as your crew or passenger, and keeps track of that. I.E. the Damsel was on your ship, you murderer. Or the niece of the butler of the Gallente president, or whatever.

Notification that you have them on board, notification and major standings loss if you manage to get that ship killed.

2 Likes

Not exactly polite to high-jack a thread with your own suggestion. Get outta here!

You are assuming that these people try to join a ship’s crew. Wouldn’t many be people press-ganged into service?

Or in some cases, they are military personnel, working up the ranks of the faction navies. Ship comes home, you hope for a promotion. Ship doesn’t… New batch of recruits for the next ship.

1 Like