Well, well. Margin Trading scam removed

So, a margin trading scam existing since the beginning of the game is now removed. I lost 3B in that scam about 4-5 years ago. I contacted support asking why CCP permitted buy orders to exist without adequate escrow to cover them. They explained the mechanic involved, how a player can place a buy order on margin, vacate the money in the account while it continued to be displayed as if legit.

I realized greed was the key to my loss so I sucked it up as a learning experience.

SO WHY WAS THE SCAM PERMITTED TO EXIST FOR SO LONG WITH CCP HAVING FULL KNOWLEDGE OF IT??? THE SOLUTION WAS OBVIOUS FROM THE BEGINNING, BUT IT TOOK 17+ YEARS TO MAKE THE DECISION TO STOP IT???

Sorry about the all caps, but geez Louise, where the hell were you regarding this the last 17 years???

1 Like

I suspect that CCP didn’t remove margin trading because of the scam. That was bs they said to justify it. They wanted to make it tougher on legit traders causing 4x the isk to be needed in escrow. The scam removal was just a byproduct of their actual goals.

1 Like

You are still crying about it?

5 Likes

^this.

More ISK gets bound, more competition.

You act surprised OP… as if CCP was not being notorious for not fixing things for years (and not rarely more than a decade) or anything. :thinking:

Imagine being caps-lock upset about some spacebux you lost 5 years ago.

2 Likes

You’re right. I just needed to vent. Thanks for the response.

I’d guess they did not find a solution that was good enough before.

I guess you missed the part where scams within the game are allowed. With the repurposing of the skill this scam basically no longer exists.

Margin trading has a legitimate purpose. The scam was just an unfortunately by-product.

Also, kinda obvious when you see only 2-3 buy orders for items.

Well to be fair, that must hurt quite a lot.

They are slow. :psyccp:

Perhaps, too, CCP should repurpose or remove the Contracting skill, since players get scammed in-game via contracts…

Sarcasm here, of course.

CCP: makes life better.
Grateful customer: WHY SO LATE?

4 Likes

If you get scammed via contract, that’s your fault really

If you get scammed via contract, that’s your fault really

Fixed that for you.

3 Likes

I can answer your question: I finally took time to master it, and I think many others, so now they have removed it… Its same with the powercreep… the good side was to this game back like 10 years ago that we had a logical fixed techtree, you could have mastered each branch and bee good in them. They barely interacted with each others. But with time, no matter how you mastered a branch, they just keep adding or removing or changing them. First came the pirate faction ships that were all op to everything we had before, then we mastered them and they got nerfed, then there came tech3, again op to anything we had, then the jove crap than the … ohh well. Dont be surprised. Everything is there to give advantage to a few, and when they get mainstream they get nerfed removed or an even stronger added.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.