What is Angel of Mercy (2/10) supposed to teach new players? Is it useful?

good idea , as ecm mechanics aren’t intuitive or logical . the npc is jammed , but still capable of locking and destroying you .

aura could then fill in the back story . of carrier pilots , angry their fighters were being jammed , had the null sec subservient csm push thru this ridiculous mechanic , with no discussion or feedback from players whatsoever. :christmas_tree:

Of course, that’s your game play, fly ship to target and fly back in pod, or it was, how’s prison

1 Like

I was thinking more that a single ship had the NPC you are rescuing scrammed, but others pirate ships lock, scram and destroy you when you ECM their leader.

1 Like

It’s actually one of the most teaching missions !

All I ask is to remove that lossmail from my killmail list. And even so it’s still a good reminder.

Spoiler warning: agent saying “Ok EVE pilot, its time for you to lose you killmail virginity.”

And like someone pointed: learn to read the damn description dude ! :@ !!

What does it teach you? Are you sure you’re not getting it confused with The Stand, the other career mission where you lose a ship?

What part of the description explains what the benefit of this mission is? You take a completely unfitted ship through a gate fly over to a structure and both your ship and the structure blows up. The mission brief describes proximity-based explosives that don’t exist in the game.

This is not something that ever happens in the game outside of this mission and it’s not really a loss since you haven’t had to invest anything in the ship, not even time fitting it.

Believe it or not, the sound of ship blowing still triggers me.

This mission is CCP behavior experiment, people decide right there if they were ganker material.

Great mission, you just need to look all the abstract aspects around it.

The real question is why you didn’t read up on the mission first, where it says you lose the ship ( I’m pretty sure Eve University does ), and then just use a Velator or something for that mission. Lose Velator…keep Frigate.

Maybe the mission is an aptitude test. It’s not the only mission where you lose a ship regardless.

I didn’t say it was a surprise that you lose the ship. I said that in no other place in the game to you fly an empty ship at a structure to blow that structure up. It’s ironic that you are having a go at me for not reading when you’ve clearly not read what I posted.

I see what you’re doing though. As you are a troll you’ve stalked me from another thread and you’re trying to accuse me of being a carebear upset at losing a ship.

In actuality, I have no problem losing ships. What I have a problem with is having a career agent mission that teaches new players a mechanic that does not exist in the rest of the game. The mission “The Stand” where you fit a ship and fight to the death with it is a much better example of losing a ship. Angel of Mercy however seems like a waste of an opportunity to teach players a real mechanic.

1 Like

In order to complete the mission you have to fly the T1 EWAR Frigate given to you by the Agent. Mainly because the Accelerator Gate only allows that Frigate to enter the mission site.

1 Like

To be fair, they fixed it. Old days you could use velator.

1 Like

Oh you poor thing…being ‘victimised’ by people merely responding to your contrarian posts. I don’t see the bit anywhere here where it says it is your thread as in you somehow owning all response. I’m as entitled to post as anyone. Get over it.

I didn’t say you can’t post, just that it’s clear from your response that you’re not here to talk about the topic, you’re here to start an argument and accuse me of being a carebear.

The fact remains that this mission doesn’t teach anything that is actually useful. They could replace it with another mission where you still lose the ship but where you actually use mechanics that exist within the game.

1 Like

Maybe its just to reach you that your ship is ammo just like any other ammo, and losing it means nothing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.