What is Love?

Love is taking the egg with the broken yoke,

1 Like

Love is spending 60 million years on Passion for flawed beings and trusting them with Freewill.

A secondhand emotion.

2 Likes

Love is a name.

Love is the essence of everything.

2 Likes

Love is conflict - the fight for what is of the utmost good regardless of the self-sacrifice it may require, regardless of the stain on your reputation, or the misunderstanding you may receive. Love is when you decide to be wise and kind through fostering strength (in relationships) and not catering to whims and fancies in pursuit of good feelings and the guise of cooperation.

1 Like

Watch and learn before falling in love…
Hot Crazy Matrix A Man’s Guide to Women - ORIGINAL - YouTube

Puddle Of Mudd - She Hates Me (Official Video) - YouTube

This video fits here:

On the Reeperbahn, love is negotiable.

To me, love is what I feel when the server warps me out before that torpedo reaches my ship with 1% hull.

your mileage may vary.

I tend to agree with the definition C.S. Lewis gave in “God in the Dock:”

“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the beloved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.”

Certainly, love can produce emotions that we might call “love,” but love itself occurs when we choose to pursue the ultimate good. That’s also where love gets complicated, because we are neither omniscient nor omnipotent.

We don’t know, objectively, what the ultimate good is in every situation. The best we can do is act on the information we have until we know better. Thankfully, we can learn to do better, if we are willing.

I’ll stop there, though the topic of love is one I thoroughly enjoy.

1 Like

There are many kinds and many levels of love. But its basically the things and people you value most in life, enough to make sacrifices for. The thing that is left when you have sacrificed everything else, is what you love most.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.