What is next for EveOnline

I can’t speak for others , but for me the last months were economically lucrative.

2 Likes

That’s not what I said, but feel free make your own observations based on statistics.

I’m sure they will expand the cash shop a lot. Super exiting times for the P2W generation that is taking over and replacing the old more computer game focused EVE population.

I don’t think they worry a lot about the online numbers, as you only need a couple of whales and some amount of kids with access to dad’s wallet.

6 Likes

Who said there will be any next??..

3 Likes

next step is the golden age for eve online.Subscription will unfortunately rise to 24$ per month .But at last dev team is now working on the new feature ,that u can actually buy ships-items with your credit card direct from ccp games ,and not using a mirror site .At last ccp is doing what every other game does . Cant w8 to use my credit card :slight_smile: thx ccp rattati, keep up the good work

3 Likes

I let one of my omega account lapse and another has about 25 days omega left and ill let that lapse too.

Not even logging into game at the mo either but the intention is for that not to be permanent, may just see what things are like as a max skilled alpha before resubbing though.

Reading through some of the replies though and it made me wonder that if the player count drops too low, would that cost Rattiti or whatever his name is, his job.

1 Like

It is pretty evident that for an extended period excessive resource gathering had destroyed the overall balance of the game. To come back from the end result of this required two things, either a total reset of the game to a starting point, or to restrict resource gathering to the bare minimum. As Eve relies on older players more than anything else the first option was never going to fly.

The second option also has the benefit that many people will get out their credit cards to buy plex to buy the stockpiles. At some point CCP will look at the overall game stockpile of raw materials and say OK, lets increase the production a little. But it will not be any where like it used to be.

3 Likes

Toons. Tooooooooons. Tooooooooooooooooooooon-(deep breath)-ssssssssssssssuh.

No one’s playing the game because it’s boring as ■■■■, you big, drooly, PvE-farming babies. You wanted a screensaver instead of a game, and you got one. Maybe next time when deciding between spending an entire weekend sucking Veldspar or sucking Scordite in your favorite 0.9 system, stash your barge, take out a ■■■■-fit Caracal, suspect-flag yourself, and fly around the pipe talking ■■■■ about locals’ waifus.

Oh, I’m sorry, scarcity is making you quit the game? How? Did any aspect of your gameplay change because the ratio of minerals in ore is slightly different? Do you still not perform the same rote, mindless actions every time you play, like some kind of neo-consumerist Oompa Loompa? Do you no longer warp to the belt, target a rock, activate a module, and tab out to watch some B-grade reality show on Netflix for half an hour, just because Veldspar now yields 15 less Tritanium per load? Of course you do.

You ruined the game with your incessant whinings and gibs-me-dats, and now you have no right to complain about people leaving. Defining EVE with a response of “jus makin sum iskies lol” any time someone asks you if you’re doing something interesting was your fault. If all you wanted was to see a number grow while interacting with the game as little as possible, you should’ve stuck to Cookie Clicker. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

We need more destruction, Abyssals were a solid addition for a while until people figured out how to run them.

Apply the burner NPC logic and strength to all combat sites and missions, then up the ISK rewards for them to make it worth the risk.

Then move all incursions to lowsec.

Make faction war great again(New expansion, scarcity makes resource wars necessary for the empires and pirate factions to compete with each other). Make it mean something, force players to fight, put empire fleets on grid to help in fleet fights. Remove the current sites, replace them with faction citadels that need to be destroyed by fleets to take control of systems. Add incentivization by removing faction war LP, and introducing new rewards based on participation and combat. Having them linked to faction gear makes fighting for the side with the best modules worthwhile. Maybe resources?! Payouts to all active faction war members, based on their participation. This will force equal numbers by constantly adjusting payouts, disincentivizes larger numbers with any sized space, incentivizes fewer numbers and more space, it will cause people to flip to another faction or force others to join because the reward is so great. Adjust the rewards to keep the balance. Add pirate factions, allow players to align.

Delay nullsec local by 10-15 seconds. Make a really expensive rig for forts/keepstars to reduce it to like 5 seconds. Add penalty for holding space right next to others, forces border friction, increases conflict for space.

Add rats to all data and relic sites, up the rewards. Revert covert ops change, focus them on travel, scanning, and scouting/tackling. Up their cost.

Remove insurance.

That is all :smiley:

3 Likes

no NPC shenanigans in FW plz , ty

The active toons drops sharply when the industry nerf, nullification, cloak nerf was introduced.

1 Like

But I thought the cloak nerf was a very welcome change that finally fixed the PvP griefing problem in the null-sec farming sector?

Well it only benefited the few nullkrabs.

im not playing much … the other day i was in a FW plex in a heavily minmatar place …
them a worm on dscam , he entered , it was friendly …
we entered a private chat and it was a young man i meet before in the militia …
he warped off , i stayed
them i saw a lot of minmatars at 1 au(gate) , i told him don’t come
but few seconds latter the worm was at 1 au to
result
this nice amarr pilot killed 4v1 at the gate of my plex, wen i warped to safe and warped back to help he was finishing the last one
glorious , thats what make eve special
i said to him , amarr must be proud of you :smiley:

and the last one was in a t2 frig

3 Likes

HTFU? :ccpguard:

Well, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I wouldn’t mind if the Orca got 8 high slots and bonuses for 4 simultaneous links up at any given time, making it a mining and shield burst-logi hybrid with bonuses for mining and shield links and some moderate logi bonuses and a moderate logi and defense drone bay.

The rorqual could be similar in function, just in bigger.

solid advice

That was not a big surprise.

One player with 5 AFK cloaky camper characters logged in 24/7 counts as 60 regular players who play 2 hours a day on a single character for ‘players logged in right now’ numbers.

Make AFK cloaking impossible and it’s guaranteed to see a big drop in players logged in.

4 Likes

Why would anyone ever be an Orca pilot when there is absolutely no benefit in it for themselves?

Just to boost other people?