What scope would I need and what callback URL should I use?

Am very new to this and looking to just do something simple - enter my character name and pull up the skillpoints, maybe wallet and corp information. I am doing this as I learn React Native so am also unsure of what Callback URL to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We have some pretty good documentation:

I would also suggest check eve awesome to see if there is a library for your language, as that is a great starting point:

Doing OAuth should also be done by a library for your language. Note that some of the ESI libraries handle SSO for you and some of them don’t. You can ofc. write your own SSO implementation, but, that require you read and understand SSO/OAuth, which is a bit of work.

If you have questions about how to do something specific, be sure to post your code, so people will have an easier time helping you.

Working with ESI can be a lot of of fun, but, it does require you understand a few concepts first, so read the documentation.

Excellent, thank you very much!

The required scopes for a given endpoint are in the ESI spec and can be seen in the Swagger UI. For example, for /characters/{character_id}/skills/ you’d need esi-skills.read_skills.v1.

Regarding the callback url it’s a bit tricker since you’re not a web application. I think the proper way of doing it is using Linking and registering a custom protocol e.g. eveauth-app://callback/. (Note: It must begin with eveauth).

There was discussion about this in the EVE Discord’s #3rd-party-dev-and-esi channel on June 6th. SMT’s author said these custom protocols were a pain and it would be easier to do it via a HTTP server on http://localhost, but I’m unsure you can do it the easy way on React Native. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.