What ship to use for L4 with my current skills?

So my problem is I have skills so I can use T1 large hybrid guns and t2 Light and medium drones and t1 heavy. I can use T2 full shield armor and almost full t2 armor tanks im misising hull uppragde 5.

Anyway I have paid so I have omega time so I can train skills and do level 4 missions but problem is if I want large artillery or large lazer or cruise missiles. I need to wait like 7 days to get the skills I need up.

So my question is what ship can I use with large hybrid guns and do level 4 missions decently and any good recommended fit ?

Yeah I could use a domenix but 1 I hate it but also to properly do a drone boat and level 4 I would almost need faction heavy and train up for sentry drones.

You need to provide a bit more information about which hulls you can fly. You’ll want level 4 to take advantage of the hull bonuses. Ships to consider include:

well problem is I can fly Raven,Rokh,Megathron,Domenix but I can´t use cruise missiles and I can not use micro jump dire for another 24hours and when I tried Short range brawler I had problem it took years to get in range and when I tried sniper well they where way way to close.

What im doing now is im flying a dual rep Drekavac and it works fine for level 4 missions I mean I can tank it and frigs and cruiser and destroyers melt but attacking Battle ships is takes a long time I should proboly do better if I had t2 heavy entorpic disingterator.

Neavy mega and vindi is a bit over budget I got abour 300mill or 400 if I sell my Drekavac.

With the Rokh, you use the MJD to keep a comfortable distance between you and the rats - range is well over 150Km so you jump away, shoot until the rats close to within 50Km or so, then jump away again. Switch to higher damage ammunition as they get closer, back to Tungsten after you jump.

[Rokh, PVE]

Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Sensor Booster II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Large Micro Jump Drive
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400

425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Tungsten Charge L

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x5

1 Like

The mega or rokh is probably fine. Don’t use blasters. You absolutely can, but you have to spend so much time managing your range.

Use light drones to kill frigates. Rails will hit cruisers at a distance, fit a 15km web (faction) to deal with cruisers that get in close. Battleships won’t be an issue. Have long, mid, and short range ammo available.

I wouldn’t fit a micro jump drive. I have before, but used it far more frequently to get out of the Jita undock than to complete a mission. An AB would be a better use of the slot if you can deal with your targets without maintaining sniper range. Most of your combat in missions is gonna be in the 30-50 km range unless it’s Angels, and your web will ensure you hit anything chunky that gets in close.

Success in level 4 missions is about active tank, shield healed per second and resists are far more important than total shields. I wouldn’t fit shield extenders or field extender rigs. You’re better off fitting an XL booster, a boost amplifier, two multi spec hardeners. The tank is also the best place to spend any bling budget you have. Fit CCC rigs for cap stability. Cap rechargers if you really need to.

Split your available low slots between damage and tracking mods.

1 Like

what guns would you recommend ?
I mean with 425mm prototype gass gun and caldari antimatter ammo I get a range of 75km fall off and 44k m optimal and some other ammo I tried I got 150km to 170km.

I mean every missions I tried so far in the past I have a vauge memory some ships love to be close as hell.

I tried a serpentis extravaganza with a corp mate yesterday and the battleships and battle cruiser loved to be like 5000-8000M away almost hugging me.

[Rokh, Maria Sanzen’in’s Rokh]
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster
‘Stalwart’ Particle Field Magnifier
‘Stalwart’ Particle Field Magnifier
100MN Afterburner I

425mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x10

Caldari Navy Iridium Charge L x1500
Caldari Navy Tungsten Charge L x1500
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x1500
Cap Booster 400 x44
Large Micro Jump Drive x1

Frigates and destroyers are fast and will orbit close - your large guns will not be able to track them. With the MJD, you can open the range to 100Km+ and easily kill them with large weapons because they burn straight toward you - no angular velocity. When they get close - say 50Km, jump again. Tungsten should 1-shot frigates and destroyers at range but you will need higher damage, shorter range ammo for larger opponents.

With practice, you can use the MJD to maneuver on the battlefield - i.e. picking up your MTU or moving to the next gate. It’s also handy if you make a mistake - like forgetting to reload your ancillary! The MJD has a 3 minute cooldown between jumps which can be painful but, with afterburner, the Rokh only travels 50Km in 3 minutes so MJD can be faster if you get the geometry right!

1 Like

Thanks will remember that can proboly use the MJD tomorrow so will practice then.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.