What's special about a special offer

It’s a good offer for people who don’t have time to play EVE during the rest of the year and want to check in for a few months during the summer.

If the price is in US$ is 30 and it bills you 30AU$, you essentially pay only about 22 US$. That’s actually better for you.

My problem with the special deal is a bit different.
I receive a monthly disability payment. After basic living expense there is little discretionary income left. Saving 15% would be tempting to me on the first of then month where I have 30 days to re-arrange the spending. Whereas it is impossible to make those decisions in a time frame that begins and ends in the final third of a month.
They may get a better response, at least from me, if the offer was extended into the next month a few days.

1 Like

CCP is an EU company and in the EU its summer, they aren’t going to re-word it just because you live in aus :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Since CCP (makers of fine products such as Eve Online and that flying-pony tie-in to hello kitteh) is based in Reykjavik, Iceland seems they can be cut a little slack on being exited about their Summer.

Most EvE dates seem to be calculated using Iceland time (UTC - Coordinated Universal Time) rather than American times.

1 Like

Iceland isn’t a part of the EU.

But it is part of EU.

You know Europe

1 Like

EU is the abbreviation for European Union. What you’re doing is like saying “Mexico is part of the US … you know America”.

Half of it is on the European continental plate, the other half is on the North American one. It’s still not a member of the European Union.

1 Like

well, next time ccp plays eve online, maybe you can say that to them. it happens though, ccp is not the customer. so it doesnt matter where they are from because as a business you need to cater to the customers needs… not your ■■■■■■■ needs… lol

which is why ccp and eve is dying and has been since the beginning. the world, plays eve online. not iceland… might wanna just think about that a second?

lol special? sale? lol…

lol

On numerous occasions I had very good experience in communicating directly with Customer Service.

If you are interested in getting the 15% deal, I’d really recommend you to tell Customer Service about your specific situation and ask them if you can get the deal beginning of next month instead. There is a chance they say yes.

2 Likes

Well you clearly knew what everyone meant so why argue :wink:

It wasn’t an argument. It’s to lecture you about the difference. Same as I’m doing now.

its always downtime on that date … so 26th of June at 11am EVE time … always

the special is that it is 15% cheaper then normal … nothing more … but look at it … if you take 2x this 3 months offer its cheaper then 1x 6 months subscription so its a good offer i think

JuuR

1 Like

Lecture all you want, everyone uses the term EU to refer to europe, same as when people say EUTZ to mean european timezone, you’re not going to win this one long term :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t do forum battles, mate. I’m here to win insights and to give some of it back when I can, all in good spirit.

1 Like

Actually in South Australia, Farmer’s Union Iced Coffee outsells Coke, I think it’s the only drink in the world that does. A small victory against corporate coke. Mind you in this game we are all corporate clones.

Any cheaper offer is a good offer. That’s not really what this is about though.

It’s mainly a complaint about the wildly fluctuating marketing that’s supposed to create uncertainty in customers.

Sure but I’d be willing to wager coke outsells pepsi

Nah if I was to abbreviate North America I’d say NA. SA for South America AF for Africa. I think you get the idea

1 Like