What's your role?

I consider myself a forever student into archaeology of lost and forgotten civilizations. I try to progress into their comprehension. Interested in all the mysteries, whatever they are. Fervent supporter of Alain Topher.

Usualy mining and crafting to finance those works and also exploring as much as I can do it. Spending lot of time traveling all around New Eden and wh and enjoying the wondernesses we can find everywhere.

Enjoy. Space is great and being a capsuleer is an amazing opportunity.

2 Likes

So you fancy yourself a bit of a scholar? A nomadic one at that i assume if you see so much merit in this Alain Topher. Can’t say i’d blame you either, i got to say i have respect for those eggheads who venture forth onto uncharted worlds and learn about what they have to offer. Learn about their unique characteristics such as the local flora or wildlife. Uncover relics that shed light on unknown history of our species.Then, find entertaining and attention grabbing ways to teach people. To use his knowledge to enlighten others.

Like you say, being a Capsuleer is an amazing oppertunity. For now we have the privilege to go deeper. To be strong enough to take on whatever dangers we may just encounter. Then return to our homelands with rare knowledge and maybe an artifact or three.

You must be excited about news of these Abyssal pockets?

2 Likes

I just try to have a life while managing a small planetside estate. Sometimes I also shoot heretics, cultists, and random mercenaries who cause trouble.

2 Likes

I have graduated from Caille University, following an History/Archaeology cursus. Life is life, it served me more in the mining and exploration domains than into pure studies. Therefore, I wouldn’t call myself a scholar as I find it a little too much for me and I think that you always find someone that has a better knowledge in a domain that you’re interested in. I for sure try to reach their level of expertise. If I can bring things I know to people that don’t know them, or guide them toward people who know them better, then I would be more than happy to do so. Knowledge is something that must be shared to get a better understanding of the world, Universe and in the end, ourselves. I might be also a little less orthodox on my approach of those studies.

And yes. About those Abyssal pockets, I’m totaly enthusiastic, as you must be too, about going there when Concord will permit it even if the dangers within those will be probably high. But I guess the risks or challenge are worth the knowledge, artifacts-environment-etc…, we will retrieve from those deep places.

2 Likes

Nothing like having a home planet side, eh? Instead of breathing in the same sterilized for days on end like in stations and ships. You get to breath in naturally produced oxygen made from the world itself! All the “dirt” in the air just gives it that unqiue taste that tells it apart from the compressed air you get out of a canister.

But your something of a part-time warrior? Just occasionally get up to take on enemies of who presumed would be that of the Amarr Empire the hunt being you referring to them as “heretics”.

Regardless of what you fight for, I can always lend respect to another warrior. Even if it isn’t their deepest passion in life. Also as a bit of amercenary myself, maybe I’ll be the one causing some trouble, eh? We may one day meet in battle.

A challenge is a test of strength. To rise up to it with the goal in mind of crushing it is how we will prove what we are capable of. This won’t be just a challange strength of brawn either. But of smarts and creativity as we move in to take on a new foe with new tactics, weaponry and philosophy. New competition to give our own challange, to test their strength and see if they’re as strong as they’re made out to be.

Whatever we find in there? Rightfully earned spoils.

3 Likes

I used to do things I felt were important, driven, and beneficial to the world around me – and myself. Not much, anymore.

I still make clothes, sometimes. I still give people advice, if they need it. I’ll still fly out to shoot at something horrible every now and again. I like to get into philosophical arguments with people about morals and hide my investment behind layers of quasi-smug satire. Does that count for anything?

3 Likes

In short, the Typical Capsuleer.

3 Likes

I appreciate witticisms as much as the next person, even if thoughtlessly given and done not for the self, but for the validation of others. You do you, I guess?

1 Like

Well, I suppose it does count for something. More of a creative spirit who finds crafting to be an outlet to be artistic. Not only that, but the form in which you use to be artistic is one that can be proudly displayed on yourself or anyone who buys an outfit from you. Who knows? Maybe you’ve taken some inspiration from past exploits in space.

But, I want turn a blind eye and ignore that you appear to be bankrupt when it comes to ambition. You don’t speak as if you do anything out of passion but simply when your bored and need something to do. Of course, with text I could be mistaken with the tone you’ve taken. But from what I read you appear to need a new purpose to push you forward.

But so long as you “do” something as, especially as a Capsuleer, I suppose it all very much counts for something. I’d just advice you find something to light a fire under your feet.

1 Like

Im venerated religious leader and trusted mentor. My wisdom and insight on many things and especially amarr related are without equal. I also see patterns in void and can predict future in varying accuracy.

People turn in me when they need compassionate listener or want to be encouraged to meet challenges ahead.

1 Like

I shoot things, and play devil’s advocate when vess has an idea… mostly, though, I shoot things.

4 Likes

Having seen your post history I wouldn’t exactly turn to you for any wisdom…For those that I do I suppose that makes you the supplier of an invaluable service. Everyone can learn something from a pilot who has more experience…The quality may differ between mentors.

But, everyone also could use a sympathetic ear to vent to or lay some elaborate scheme to. Then offered the motivation to execute it.

So, keep doing you, pilot.

No ■■■■■■■■ title, eh? Just describe your role in the simplest way possible. I can of course respect that to an extent. If shooting things is what you do, then hopefully that would have you out to be a warrior such as myself and a few other pilots in this thread.

Never hurts to be the devil’s advocate either. A good arguement and debate can help point out flaws and help mold an idea into a bulletproof one…Note I said bulletproof and not rocket, laser or antimatter proof; but bulletproof

2 Likes

Siren Naskingar. The pleasure is mine. I’m a rather young Minmitar pilot working on taking control of my own personal section of null sec. I mine/build/teach/grow… control. Call me an aspirant, in my opinion the world isn’t handed to you. You have to take it “one pilot, one ship, one sector” at a time.

2 Likes

Director and diplomat would actually be my official titles within the Corp, but given how small the Corp is at the moment, they are rather meaningless as just about all our currently active members also fill those roles. I do own and manage our primary comm network though, so I have that going for me… which is nice.

3 Likes

We only get as far as “lightly tossed sponge” proof before we get drunk and camp smalls in smartbombing corms for the lulz…

2 Likes

Shhh… Don’t let out our idiotic secrets.

:grin:

3 Likes

For now, acting as my brother’s legal and corporate doyenne; finding time to readjust to myself after spending some years abroad; and making the necessary preparations for a life I know where hell is empty and all the devils are here.

2 Likes

My, my the ambitions on you, pilot.

Dont mistake my tone, I can respect the mindset. Dream big when you start small, like everyone else.

I’m no master at nullsec space. But if you aim to carve out a system, constellation or hell an entire region. You best look forward to the long haul.

As you say however.

One pilot - a new recruit to add to your ranks. A enemy director to have in your pockets. Humiliation of a famous figure among the enemy

One ship - building your armada one peice at a time. Removing one from the enemies’ or obtaining something unique like a Titan to expand your capabilities…Or make you a target.

One sector - Never be satisfied with just one system. As you grow so will your space have to.

All once at a time.

We all must take pride in what we do have. Especially when it comes to being trusted with responsiblity.

Being given responsiblity just shows the faith others have in you. Taking it up however is a test to prove you can make good on their faith. So pride with what you can, pilot.

Smartbombing Co- What?

Smartbombing Cormorants?!

I take it your referring to becoming a Capsuleer. If that’s the case? Then I gotta tell you that the only people up here aren’t devils, we’re just the strongest damn force in this Cluster.

Sure, power like ours might make us out to be “devils”. But we all use them for our own unique purposes. Some honorable, some dishonorable.

As a Capsuleer, meeting another Capsuleer is no different than meeting someone on the street. Might think they’re an asshole or someone you want to befriend.

1 Like

It was hyperbole intended for effect. That operating under a system with minimal restrictions placed on the use of force many will take advantage of that fact to use force in the pursuit of their own interests. As such, in order to safeguard my own, I feel there exists an onus to prepare for myself for the conduct of violence and its variations.

As for befriending other capsuleers, while I remain open to the concept in principle, from what I have seen there exists varied forms of political partisanship caused by beliefs derived from maximalist positions which I recognize would make such difficult if not impossible – irrespective of my own notions that I share more in common with others than that which might divide us.

2 Likes

Lots of words there, pilot…

So what your telling me is that while force is an option at your disposal. You operate under certain restrictions like a “Not red, don’t shoot” policy that could leave you exposed. Gotta wait for them to toss the first punch afterall before you’re allowed to punch back.

I’d say your wise to realize you need to be prepared to defend yourself. But frankly it should be common sense in this day and age when every pilot in a starship with a full rack of guns is looking for something to fire them at - like myself.

Every lose I’ve suffered has been if my own competence. Only way to pull myself out of such disgraceful performance is to take what i can as a lesson and apply new found knowledge in the next encounter.

Only one way to find out - socialize, meet people and talk to them.

Quite honestly, with such divide among the population - whatever it be politically, spirituality or materialistically. I find it puts more value in those you find of like mind. We’re all different and hail from different corners of this cluster. Different upbringings and education. Cultures and ideologies…Its no surprise many have different viewpoints. Much like how it’s no surprise sometimes they conflict with one another.

Just find your people, pilot. Stay loyal to them.

1 Like