What's your role?

My role is to be a devoted servant of God, the Empire, Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris, and the Ardishapur Family, and to carry out the Reclaiming such as I am able. Usually for my part that amounts to providing public guidance on Amarr culture and faith, condemnations of heresy and sin where I see it, and aid to the hurt and lost where it is within my power. I also occasionally mine.

I was previously also an arms manufacturer and combat pilot for the 24th Imperial Crusade, but I’ve withdrawn from that as the 24th has drifted from faithfulness and I lack clarity on the war’s purpose.

7 Likes

I already have my people: I am Sang Do of Saix-Ro and serve the interests of my Autarch.

I operate under a simple equivalency – that beyond superficial details no one wants to know me beyond what might may be considered taken out of context to fit into a potential political narrative of attack. That fundamental lack of interest is something I am amenable to return in kind.

1 Like

I did say we were drunk…

3 Likes

Just a product of my environment

I simply freelance my trigger-finger. Having strong ties to the Anmatar, I am neither accepted by my Matari brethren nor by the Amarr purists. So I first sought my fortune through piracy in low sec, but quickly found life as an outlaw too stifling and moved to where a man’s past doesn’t matter… null sec.

Today I make my living as a pilot in Goonswarm. Dedicated to being as rounded a combat pilot as possible, able to fly any role with a high degree of skill. I enjoy really diving into the various fleet roles and snowflake ships. My “mostly legitimate” small business ventures in Delve provide a comfortable living, but as a military man my needs are quite spartan to begin with.

I did try to ‘go home’ at one point and moved back to Derelik for awhile. But life in high sec just didn’t sit well with me. Perhaps like a convict that’s spent too long behind bars and didn’t know what to do on the outside, I just couldn’t adjust to seeing freighters just sitting on a gate without someone rage-pinging for an easy kill.
I quickly fell into old habits and local miners began disappearing with alarming frequency. Replaced by wreckage and CONCORD response fleets.
Before the inevitable moment where I would no longer be welcome even in .5 border systems, I called upon old friends that I had fought along side with in Fountain, Cloud Ring, and Saranen. Back in the fold, I can once again scram anything that moves with impunity.

2 Likes

Polar opposite of a longbow corm. No it doesn’t work well, yes the reactions are funny and I won’t say if its still used.

3 Likes

You start off listing all these exotic responsibilities you have in serving the Empire…Then end it on mining. Saved the best for last I guess…

You peg me as a preacher type with the bit on providing public guidance and condemning sights of heresy. Which by all means, your role in life if you see it as such. Afterall, I’ve mentioned before I can show respect to someone who tends to their spirituality.

The purpose may have been diluted as time went on. But I think I realize now the point of the milita wars now. I’m more fine with it this way too.

Simply put, this war brings life to the economy. You said it yourself, you were an arms manufacturer for some time. You’d know how equipment ends up needing to be replaced out there.

Clones, ships, modules, combat boosters, implants and citadels. All of these things are being destroyed or consumed daily in the warzone. It creates demand and thus presents an profitable opportunity to those ready to get building. To end the milita wars would be a devastating blow to market traffic and will have to depend on null security wars to bring in the big demand.

I know you’d want this war to be more about money. But that’s just it nowadays and frankly that’s a good way to leave it. Less politics and more combat for warriors to take part in. Combat that in turn can be profitable to those that participate whatever it be on the frontlines or the assembly lines. The politicans get a little ego rub after a system falls into their nations control and the local pirates get a lot of Capsuleer targets to keep them busy.

Everybody wins.

So your bit of an outcast? Cant really find your place in your homelands or the lands of their rivals so you strike out on your own outside their domain. I can respect that…I’ve found some level of comfort living out of the only public station controlled Mordu’s legion for awhile. Then made my way up towards to Venal and found true liberation in there surprisingly well developed region.

Always good to see more pilots following the path of the warrior. Aiming to perfect their talents in battle and prove to whatever opponent they go up against that they’re the more skilled combatant.

1 Like

You see, I have only recently left my academy. So my career is still up in the air… or vacuum.
But to explore the stars and uncover what truths there are is definitely something I have come to love.
Also a training diplomat on the side. Apparently a few pilots have taken a shining to me and have decided to take me under their wing. Of which i am eternally grateful

1 Like

Hi,

I’m a devoted Zealot and Follower (and Agent) of our Saviour James 315. I am seen as a terrorist, but all I really do is toy with people’s minds until they submit to my authority.

On my days off tho, I do diplomatic activities and talk long walks on the beaches of Oris

1 Like

He’s still relevant?

Bahahaha, authority…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Always ™

If only you saw the things that I’ve seen over the years… you’d be surprised how a lot of people are somewhat scared of little me lol

I play with people’s minds, psychological warfare they call it :wink:

1 Like

Well, I suppose if you feel happy playing with the weak minded people in highsec, then more power to you… I guess.

3 Likes

Being anywhere else doesn’t make you any more “strong-minded”

After all, most are slaves to their leaders :wink:

1 Like

Knowing everything I can and going to the farthest reaches possible, I’d say in short.

With the knowledge that we as capsuleers could potentially live forever, it’s important to keep a long-term goal in mind, lest we get really, really bored in the far future. Uncovering mysteries like those of the Jove, the other ancient races, and of our own human origins leads down a path where any answer opens up twice as many questions as before; I doubt I’ll ever feel as if there’s nothing more to learn~

3 Likes

So bit of a Greenhorn, eh? Enjoy it while it lasts. My first months as a Capsuleer was one enjoyed with a naive perception of the realities up here. At the time I could use the excuse of being ill-informed or inexperienced when a mistake was made. Now? As a more seasoned pilot? Every mistake now made little in the way of excuses to spend.

Enjoy your life as Capsuleer, pilot. Build your bond with fellow pilots and make something of yourself. Take failure as a lesson, nothing more and nothing less.

So, you’re one of those nutbags belonging to that cult? Sony mistake my tone for our right disgust. As while the entire cluster may throw some shade towards CODE. I do realize you bunch are a nessciary evil.

Afterall, who else keeps units of mining barges moving? Who’s gonna ensure those miners to lazy to be observant of their surrounding put forth some effort if they wanna keep their ship in one peice?

I don’t admire the CODE. But I do know their purpose is as good as any other. Keep doing you, pilot.

This I firmly have to agree with…

Countless pilots live in the backwater of low security space or out in the rim of the cluster known as NULL security space.

It can undoubtely be argued that it takes some courage in a pilot to venture out of the influence of CONCORD and live in sectors that dont have their over arching retribution to those that act in defiance of their laws.

But are we really to say the line members who stay docked up in a keepstar protected by super fleets is “strong-willed”? The pilots that won’t even undock unless a certified fleet commander of their alliance is organizing a fleet? Or the pilots that went even get their pod warmed up until a “ping” goes out on their comms channels?

At least the lone miner in hi-security that buys a new barge and gets back to the belts after being a victim of a “gank” has the willpower to get back at it.

New Eden hides many mysteries. From whatever is on the other side of the collapsed EVE gate to whatever star we’ve yet reach. This is either due to Human history or little secrets hidden by the Maker. The only way to find out is to find out, yes?

It takes the bold to want to uncover these hidden facts. No matter how vile and scarring the details can be. Ignorance is bliss afterall, so it takes types like yourself and ARC for instance to do what has to be done sooner or later.

So you certianly have a role worthy of respect, pilot.

3 Likes

EVE provides many opportunities over time. I try my hand at most all of them. Occasionally I find myself still doing the things I started off playing in YC109. I have a broad selection of skills and I desperately yearn to learn even more. Lately it has been joining the ranks of ace pilots while fighting against the 24th Imperial Crusade to keep even more Minmatar out of the hands of Holders. By the time I reached the rank of Blade Commander I realized how incredibly disorganized the Tribal Liberation Fleet truly is. So, now I seek to unite the corporations and alliances; not as a traditional leader, except perhaps to take the place of Acassa Midular of the Sebiestor. I seek a role that is more in the way of a collective mind. Ambitious, perhaps, but not beyond my reach I believe.

1 Like

Well, in this group, I guess from today on I am the below-average mentor, but more importantly, I am and have always been out first, ready to get blown up so the folk out back know it isn’t safe. I’ll be the last one out to make sure nobody’s following. I’ll be the one orbiting a gate for six hours waiting for the target. I fly covert ops, I fly interdiction, I fly tackle. My role is to do the job nobody wants, and I’m damn proud of it.

2 Likes

I kill you or die tryin’.

2 Likes

I’ve kind of been putting off posting here for a long time. My role … the paths of life I walk … they’re not simple things. Even less, taken together. I expect it’s the same for most people.

For myself …

Secret keeper, storyteller; servant, watcher; student, teacher; traveler, foundling; shadow, beacon; Seeker, exile; chronicler … killer.

Killer, at every turn, a role most of us share, directly and indirectly.

Soldier, thief; lover, horror; lost child, ancient soul. (Not sure why that seems right, but it does.) Ego, penitent. A realist, ideally.

Wandering child laughing in delight at the wonder of the world. Dark-minded guardian, oath-bound.

Strong, and weak in the desire to be strong.

Aspiring revealer of truths, but hopefully not a judge.

Meaningless dream. Never not human.

Arrogant mangler of empty words. Maybe a little bit of a poet, sometimes, I hope.

(I had to get a little tipsy to dare to write this.)

5 Likes

I break down rocks and beat off the hyenas most days, Other days I am hauling goods for other people or I’m floating around space in a stealthy little ship armed with very large ordnance

everyday i’m looking for a family to join, most don’t seem to want a freighter captain or a semi mobile mining platform overseer

2 Likes

Goonswarm wants you.

3 Likes