What's your role?

lookit yourself n lookit me n look back at yourself and tell me what made you think I got a matari bote, son

1 Like

It was an attempt at joking about how crude Matari vessels look. You know, like the joke that they’re all tubs of scrap held together by duct tape? (At least… I assume that’s just a joke for most ships of that

Figured a self proclaimed trash queen would fly something that better represented that style than flying something that had a more clean and sterile look.

1 Like

nice nice

so you see somebody talking bouna life in a like open n cogenieux manner and ya first urge is to randomly slag on somebody elses botes in the mos rude an irrelevant way

theres ya role, you got it now.

target misser, slagger of the wrong bote

matari get the voluval thing fired up, avios is prepare

2 Likes

So I ask you fellow Capsuleers, what is your role? In what way do you use your powers as a Capsuleer?

To the first question:
My role varies wildly day to day depending on the needs of various groups. Some days I am an amateur xenoanthropologist. Some days I am a ‘professional magpie’, as one of my cohorts puts it. Other days, I am an administrative assistant. Others still, I hack apart other people’s work and re-write it a little (apologies as ever, Ms Priano). I suppose I’m now more well known for my newscasting than anything else; not a bad thing, but still a little…odd.

The to second:
I am still a trained logistics commander, a skill I still try to pass on to others through tutoring (less so than I used to). I support my fleetmates, corporation, and alliance, by engaging in research fleets against the Drifters - I like the think that helping further knowledge is a good use of my skills. And I am still…somewhat…a negotiator.

4 Likes

I’m like “The Operative” from Serenity (that Firefly movie). I’m a high ranking government official in the Gallente Federation with top clearance sent on missions no one else can do (L5s). They let me do what I want and kill who I want (high sec status) because the end justifies the means, and I get ■■■■ done for them. My agents are usually slightly pissed at me because I’m so choosy about which missions I’ll accept (lots of declines), but they know they have to put up with my ■■■■ (Diplomacy V).

2 Likes

What is my role?
I am a warrior for the Holy Empire of Amarr and an enemy of the Matari Republic as well as the Gallente Federation. I also am a lover of window seats in mass transit vehicles and cheap gal-net holo-games.

What do I do with my powers?
With my fellow Praetorians I fly the warzone to fight Pirates, Heretics, and enemy warriors alike to reclaim the War zone for the betterment of the Empire.

3 Likes

Given how the Magpies get a reputation for being kleptomatics - and intelligent. I assume what you mean by this is that being a scientist that takes and examines relics or bits of data from sites and xeno forces that require further studies? Did say you were a amateur xenoanthropologist. Sounds like the two things are connected.

Why odd? You’ve established yourself as a respectable reporter though the Discourse. News is a powerful tool that can be used honorably and honestly to spread real and truthful information.

Or be used to spread lies and manipulate those that lend their ear. Anyone can write a script, but it takes someone with charisma and charm to pull in the audience to listen to it.

I got no reason to doubt if the discourse is reporting dishonestly. As such as someone who brings in that charm and charisma, you get a reputation that proceeds you.

I must say - You are quite the negotiator. Past fleets I’ve been in with you over been in shock and awe at just how effective someone like you is on a battlefield. (Of course, all of ARC seems to be equally effective)

Your skills at uh…“Shotgun diplomacy” were just inspiring. It was an honor to be there every time.

Well as a Capsuleer I doubt they can apply many restraints to you. Were suppose to be able to operate on a vastly different playing field as the common troop.

Though I’d be alwary not to try their patience if you wish to maintain such a “lucrative” relationship with the Federation. Might find that your more trouble than it’s worth.

An Imperial? Dont think we’ve had one in this thread yet? Been plenty of replies by now…But regardless! You seem to have found purpose in fighting for the Amarr Empire. Being a warrior alone gets respect out of me.

To the victor go the spoils. If the Republic proves itself incapable of holding sovereignty of the low security systems then they will be reclaimed by your empire.

If pirate forces are incapable of surviving in such an environment, they will be removed or suffocated by the zeal of Imperial forces (Or republic fleets for that matter as well)

I use to live out in the Amarrian warzone for quite some time years back…Good times. Lots of excitement in getting tangled up with members of the Amarr milita and occasionally with the Matari.

I know both sides have warriors worthy of a fight.

2 Likes

Scope Works? Good times indeed…

:smiley:

3 Likes

I try to be equal parts charming person, faceless star-faring predator for hire, and mother to faceless star-faring predators for hire.

It’s draining, though; right now I’m sleeping a lot – months on end, having my neurons gently massaged into more pleasing and effective configurations, and letting gossip from my old friends, news and rumors, and some of the Drifter puzzles ARC’s been crunching their teeth on percolate through my subconscious.

I’m not sure if it’s a role so much as something I do.

3 Likes

I’ve been seen as a liability at times but this is why I keep several operatives under my employ. :wink:

2 Likes

Retired and slightly grumpy old man. Honestly was born for this.

And I was a soldier too.

5 Likes

It’s true, Thal retired from being grumpy and old.

3 Likes

Really? Slightly grumpy? I guess I’ll have to try harder.

2 Likes

While I do understand the need for some rest and relaxation after being physically spent. I do sleeping for entire months to be quite troublesome.

Every day is an opportunity for humanity’s landscape to be altered. Either though actions or reactions. It pays to be apart of it, wide awake to observe the evolution of the world around us.

But…Then in there lies a pro I suppose. By the time you’ve had your rest. You may come back to an entire new cluster. Fresh with new opportunities that would excite one to return to the stars.

So, do you pilot. At least you got contacts keeping you somewhat up to date.

Ah Thal, my old friend. It saddens me to hear that word coming from you.

Retired…

It saddens me not because you decided to put down your blade. More so it saddens me you’d spin a lie like that. Come now, I think you and I know the truth of the matter.

Should a threat peer its head around the corner that’s relevant to you. I have no doubt I’d find your suited up in a combat ready clone like old times. Coming in like some me gold plated savior in true Amarrian fashion.

I truly doubt if you’re retired. More so just waiting for a challenge to motivate you to get back on the battlefield.

1 Like

JEV! Jev jev jev! <3 <3 <3 :smiley:

Wake up and talk to us sometimes, no? I mean. I am not always around, but there must be other people who can manage in a partial capacity until I get there, no? Yes?

Also rot you for having hair short enough to keep growing. Mine doesn’t. It’s enough to make one look into modifications. You can almost braid yours now, can’t you?

2 Likes

it’s a small clan, and we like it that way. They tend to move around alot, where ever there is work. My ledership was inherited from my father, and my son will inherit it from me after being properly educated for the role.

4 Likes

I used to be a diplomat and training officer. I’m still technically on the corporate payroll as a board member, but I’m basically retired. Hell, I haven’t been inside a pod in at least two years. These days I stick to writing academic papers on tactical theory and spending time with my kids. Since the divorce, though, I’ve been thinking about taking back to the skies. Life amongst the baseliners has been making me soft.

3 Likes

Do it. We need more targets to shoot at.

3 Likes

I preach.
I wander the depths of the cluster, seeking out the unconverted and bringing them to the light of God.
Sometimes, this requires my ships weapons, sometimes simply its engines, and sometimes my only need is a local channel and a voice to bring new converts in.
Now, you must excuse me. A blood raider is trying to kill me for “Heresy”.

2 Likes

As pilot Tyrel puts it - Come back to the skies my friend! Take part in some grand battle or small skirmish.

Or take back the mantel that defined who you were as a Capsuleer. Negotiate standings with other corporations, settle disputes and assure there’s no misunderstanding among your blues.

Resume your role as an officer and hand down Invaluable knowledge to pilots. Knowledge that will aid them in working out a solution for whatever obstacle that may halt progress on their path to excellence.

Or - seek out something new. Chance after a new field of work to make your experience in this cluster fresh once again. Open your eyes up to new careers that have the potential to broaden your skillset and bring you wealth and prestige.

While not an ascribier to the Amareian scripture. I must have some respect for a man who doesn’t neglect his spiritual needs. In top of that makes it his mission to get others to open their eyes to a world beyond our physical realm and acknowledge the pure being that makes them who they are residing from within.

While we may be products of different spiritual upbringings. I respect what you’re doing and implore you to keep it up.

2 Likes