When and what was your first pvp encounter? And did you die horribly?

After a few months in-game, I had read about the riches of 0.0 and decided that, with a bit of caution, I could go belt rat in NPC Nulsec in a Cyclone…

A few belts later, Suddenly Dramiel!!!

The thing is, something weird happened: the Dramiel actually warped off as he was about to pop my shinny ratting pride, so I then decided to actually make more ISKies and loot the rats while he was gone, counting me lucky indeed. Only to see him come back soon after and finish me off.

Not being a noob anymore, I now realize he actually experienced an ill-timed disconnect (from his PoV), duh.

Killmail not available on ZKILL, sadly.

1 Like

I got my privilege checked jet can mining in a retriever.

3 Likes

Looted a wreck, heard something shoot me, some screetching and then I ended up in a station all of a sudden.

In retrospect is was ruthless haha. But it was good for me.

Someone explained what happened and it wasn’t long before I was doing the same to others. That experience and a handfull of others make it so I’m still here today.

4 Likes

Very early and spent months in euni hunting war targets

1 Like

Took a retriever into Sagain, thinking I could mine a bit and get out before anyone could catch me. Died horribly to a stratios. Was surprised how fast the retriever died and learned a valuable lesson on tanking.

Funny the first ship to kill me has become my favorite vessel in the game.

1 Like

My first trip to low sec. Warped to an asteroid belt to see what incredible riches await there… only to be blown up by a Deimos a few moments later. Ofcourse at that time i had no idea what d-scan was. Or what a Deimos was, got blown up too fast to notice the ship type. Also my ship had mixed weapons and dual tank… and a miner! Well we’ve all been new once…

o/

1 Like

Hahaha, actually this is very similar to Dom’s story. So I had this mission to deliver some stuff to some station in lowsec, was only two jumps, so what could possibly happen. So I got my brand new Drake and jumped into to… Amamake…

4 Likes

I took a level 4 mission into a low sec system.
I ignored the ‘Hey, naughty people will murder you here!’ pop up.
Had a Curse and a Domi drop on me.
Lost the first battleship I ever owned, uninsured of course.
Ragequit.

I got better and came back.

1 Like

My first loss was an Osprey in Mara, killed by a fellow named Pantaloon, if memory serves. It was probably a month or so after I had started playing in 08. I was pretty livid, I couldn’t understand why this player had done this. Now I look back on it fondly, and I would have messaged him, but I think he biomassed at some point. That makes me sadder than the loss itself.

My biggest loss was a Badger MkII in Litiura, I had a bunch of blueprint copies worth maybe 50-75 million at most, but due to the coding of the killboard at the time, it counted them as original blueprints. It inflated the lossmail to about 8 billion isk, which I found supremely irritating.

1 Like

my first pvp experience was my birth into eve.

i was born out of 5 simultaneously exploding titans.

i then went onto kill every ship within a 250 km radius in my pod…

True story

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it PVP, but I was missioning out of Danera lvl 3 in a Caracal. It was my only ship at the time; I was pretty new to EVE. The ship was fit for PVE because that’s all I had, and I had never anticipated being attacked by other players.

Anyways, I bought something that happened to be in Chamemi, so I set course, think I turned on AP, but back then, AP was not as dangerous to use and I did it because I was still unclear on how to get around. Imagine sitting at your computer screen watching as you slowboat to every gate from 15km…
At the time, I had heard of low sec, but when I headed for Chamemi, I hadn’t realised that Chamemi was in fact low sec.
Arrived in Chamemi without incident through Tegheon and Rilera. I made it to the station but I think I was clicking warp to instead of “dock.” Come to think of it, I don’t think “dock” was an option at the time, or maybe I just didn’t know. Either way, I arrived at station, probably 15km. A Broadsword targets and starts popping me. It took me quite a while to realise what was happening, and by the time I started launching anything at him, I was dead. I might have got 2 volleys off.
I kept thinking “what is attacking me?? There are no red crosses on my overview!!”

That’s when I learned that other players are not red crosses on your overview but that they can and will attack you if you venture into low sec. I also learned that you need to look at the location of the thing you’re buying, and if you don’t know anything about the location, you should probably find out. Also, that the Caracal isn’t even the tip of the tip of the iceberg when it comes to ships available in this game (thought it was the best ship that I would ever fly when I got into it); and that in EVE no one but your wife can hear you scream :wink:

It happened again the next day, but in Rilera. I think I was on my way to sell some NPC loot I grabbed from a mission. All I remember from that is that he ransomed me… for the exact same-fit PVE Caracal. I remember it was an amount that was significantly more than the ship, and more than I had. I think he dropped the offer down when I told him I didn’t have anywhere near that amount. I told him that I still didn’t have that amount and would not be able to replace the ship, which was the truth. Lesson learned: don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose. Lost the ship, managed to get my pod away, and my corp replaced my ship on the condition that I don’t fly to Chamemi again lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.