When to 'bling' your PVP ship?

I have recently migrated from the Sabre to a Flycatcher in my day to day Solo PVP hunting.

[Flycatcher, Flycatcher fit]

Ballistic Control System II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
Prototype Cloaking Device I
Interdiction Sphere Launcher I, Warp Disrupt Probe

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

I am having a great time with it, and as usual. Looking to improve on the fit through a little bling.

My question would be.

Should I change the SCRAM to faction? Better kitting range, helps with escape, hunting Explorers +3 strength.

Or should I change the WEB to faction? Better kiting range, helps with escape.

Or should I change the MWD or AB? More speed, lower sig.

When looking to bling your ship. Whats your process? TANK then TACKLE then DPS?

In general i try to bling what i get the most out of, and take the isk investment into account aswell.
So on your fit, it would make sense to bling the MWD, since you get the most bonus for that one and the greatest benefit from the extra bonus.
Plus speed is how you survive, so putting blingy prop mods on an interdictor, can make a big difference!

That is what I was thinking regarding the PROP, would you do the AB or MWD 1st? I would think the AB, as thats where you do all your fighting.

I had a few fights where I bit off more than I could chew, ended up pulling range with the AB, but was caught with a pulsed MWD just as he left my scram range again.

Mind you this wouldn’t of happened if I hadn’t engaged outside of my profile. Flycatcher vs Ishtar :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.