Why are alphas faction locked?

That what I did, I buy books and gear for my alt with my money main, and just slow train her till her skills are ready enough that I don’t feel handicapped by her

I wish I could fly pirate ships as an alpha, probably never sub if I could. I been wanting a astero and a stratios very badly.

When I was subbing back in the day I hardly ever used my battlecruisers. Love my thorax and vexor too much and the thorax is sexy.

Alphas are ONLY limited by the skills, there’s no extra code to limit the Alpha ships etc. Minimal work needed to be done by CCP, as always.

So Alphas are limited to one race because two races unlocks various pirate ships, and WE didn’t want that. You can go to the old forums and look at the “comments” thread for the dev blog when they announced Alphas, and you’ll see that the players and CSM’s were quite adamant about a few things that Alphas should NOT be able to do. Pirate/faction ships was one of them.

I think you still don’t get why this topic is created. All four alphas are not equal. Gallente is overpowered and is only choice for alphas to get max for free. So wee discuss about rebalance or give option to change race after creation because we don’t want waste our SP. They are 2x harder to get for alpha if you forget about this. Especial at beginning when you must spend at least week to train basic skills to be able to do more profitable jobs.

On the graphs it will make it look like 4 times the amount of new people trying alpha ha
(you can also brag you got a bigger player base and it’s not shrinking kappa)

people use this as “argument” all the time, and most of them use it badly. most also overestimate the level of importance these words actually have.

You don’t get why this topic is ignored. Gallente, drones overpowered = balance issue. Takes time and money for developers to focus on. Alphas don’t pay, thus CCP doesn’t care. If you don’t want to waste your SP, go Omega.

Drones are not a problem. Amarr has same skills for drones as Gallente.
Anyway, lifeblood give some rebalance to alpha ships so maybe something will change.

I don’t thing CCP is so stupid to ruin first contact with they game.

Well I don’t care. My alpha has no problem with making isk for plex in less than 30 days. Untill this is possibile they can make what they want.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.