Why aren't my drones attacking?

When I go mining I bring a pair drones. If a rat shows up and starts shooting at me the drones attack him automatically drones set to aggressive and focus fire).

However. if a rat shows up and I do not have any drones out, when I launch my drones they don’t attack the rat. They just orbit me. I have to lock on the rat and then set each to Engage Target.

Why don’t they attack if I’m already under attack?

1 Like

You have to “activate” the drones first - you have to manually order the drones to attack the first target you want them to attack after launching them.

2 Likes

Drone aggression appears to be triggered by the engagement of the rat - if the rat is already engaged with you, the drone AI doesn’t seem to get its cue to automatically engage the rat in turn. Drone AI is pretty simplistic, so I am not surprised that it doesn’t have that kind of context (launch drone after initial engagement, drone recognizes existing engaged threats and joins in the battle) cared for in its programming.

2 Likes

it’s just event reaction : they react to a new threat by adding them to the aggressive list.
The correct fix would be to replay the events of aggression when a drone is launched

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.