Why CCP's Efforts to get high sec to fleet up usually don't work

Because High Sec is where all the managers live.

The Problem whit Highsec is are the PPL itself… heres a guide how to anoy homefront players :

1. Fit a Small Remote Armor/energy/Shield transfer module
  2. Find a Site Emergency/ Dread site where ppl are flying inside and Activate the Module on the Gate
  3. Profit. Your char will recive payout and reduce the ppl insides payout.
  4. Refit if needed (Ganks might happen)

Even if CCP fixes this. Fitt a Moa whit active shield tanking you can easy fly inside and tank the ■■■■ out and profit again.

This is one of the reason why empire won´t fleet up… There are to many ppl that enjoys the pain of others. They won´t gain anything by it. The payouts are so tiny that it would not matters but ppl will try to ■■■■ you up…

Empire…

2 Likes

This was fixxed because ppl would use this mechanic to generate Load on the Server.
A Container whit over 100 bookmars… you could drop it once and you might destroy the node the server is on.

speaking of Homefronts…
They pay out really nice compared to everything else in Highsec (except Incursions) and require almost no skillpoints. I think it’s very good content for small groups and new players.
That said… 90% of people who run these sites are just alt-armies.
It’s just the most efficient way. You always wanna be 5 people, you can’t have some other player go to the toilet or leave fleet for whatever reason, else the rewards will plummit. I’ve had some really frustrating experiences running these sites with other people… like new players with only 1 mining laser on their venture slowing down the progress, people warping out in fear, not trusting the Logi pilot…
Logi messing up and almost leading to my ship’s explosion…

There are many reasons why you want to run them solo with alts. It’s like afk mining, but instead compressing every 15 minutes, you just warp to the next site. And it pays out 100x more than Veldspar and your alt doesn’t even need to fly a Barge. 1 small skill injector and they can fly a proper ship.

2 Likes

I’ve played EVE since 2016. Mostof the time solo. This is another character I created in order to experience the game once more and see what’s changed. I got with a couple of corporations in the past then hung it up when CCP had the bright idea to bring Scarcity down on everybody’s head.

I agree with your OP. The fact that players can have innumerable alts do not foster any trust between different parties.
I could be wrong but I think CCP knows it and I think they don’t care, just like they didn’t care how many players they were going to impact with Scarcity. That’s my opinion on your topic.

4 Likes

Yah. Why split profit between 5 real players when I can have all the profit on 5 alts?

It’s basic economics and principles of efficiency. Skip people waiting in RL. Skip people not reacting as fast as you. Run when you want. Run how long you want to run.

They care. They just can’t have it both ways (foster group play and have endless multiboxing) so they do something like this and they know what the result would be. They are not stupid of what they do.

3 Likes

It’s either or and that’s why I think they don’t care.

3 Likes

There are some rules that apply to everyone group activity. Logis are the most important one and should be only given to a trusted player. Thats it.

The alt armies are becomming a Problem. But even then there are enough sites to be done. The contesting of sites and Leeching are the Main Problem. My corp did some tutorials and gave out the Ships to them for free to do the sites. But the Players stoped playing after they got harreset by some chinese player who started leeching on theyr payout xD

People don’t make alts just because the isk making, but also because there’s many tasks in EVE that most people will decline doing it for you, and it’s not fair asking them to run such tasks.

One example is scouting certain bifurcations along pipes, it is boring, makes no ISK, waste a lot of this other person’s time, the person also will have no interest in doing this since this other person has nothing on the line.

If people don’t share risks among them, then they don’t have any reason to run chores with you, so you make alts and do these other things yourself.

Many chores make no direct ISK, no direct kills, no material gain in any way… because you don’t want to be a leech then you make alts.

If EVE had consortiums of any kind, shared ownership of hulls, goods, trade, etc, then they would gladly come along.

4 Likes

Adding to that is the fact that other people don’t necessarily have time to assist/help/play with/do things for you when you need them done. Unless you want to treat EVE like a job where either you adjust your schedules to other people’s availability or have other people adjust their schedules to your needs, having alts take care of a boatload of tasks in EVE is simply more efficient, more enjoyable for everyone, gets things done faster and without as much tedium for too many people.

All the while the need for alts does not remove the potential for actual players playing together. For instance, while I have my own cyno alts, I still ask corp mates for cynos in specific locations if they are around, willing to help and if it fits into our plans.

4 Likes

So yeah, I think it is time to admit that this new content failed again. Is being multiboxed to death instead of being run by multiple players.

But this was to be expected. If you allow and promote multiboxing, then you can’t really avoid this, especially in a game that requires very little player input…

What about CCP actually brought some new single/solo player content instead? Some new lvl 3/4 missions maybe against triglavians would be much better than all of these pointless fleet-pve content attempts.

2 Likes

Could always pay folks to be scouts

Hmmm then a multiboxing carebear can become mad at me with just 1 alpha toon. Sounds interesting.

I am going to add it into my collection of mining permit interview openers.

Gankers are always fleeting up and exchanging info in highsec. It is the most succesful (by far) form of HS-multiplayer fleeting up. Why? because it happens spontaneously, not with a bear setting a date for a wardec.

Perhaps CCP should look at how is it possible and why miners are not able to grasp the kind of fun we are having in Highsec-EVE.

@CCP_Swift there is you golden grail

2 Likes

I get the Feeling you and I are not playing the same game or that YOU dont play alot in groups.

So multiboxing is what keeps most of the Activitys in EvE running. Incursion ? How many ppl have alts running for the Fleet ? Scouts, Second Logi, Boost ship and so on ?

The Problem is not that multiboxer are ruining this or any other acitvity. Its because there are ways to “■■■■” whit ppl wich is intendet by CCP . There are enough Incursion running to do 4 to 6 fleets. Theres enough Homefronts for everyone. Abysa is a good example where you only can get ganked at the outgate but srsly ? Otherwise ?

1. Missions Ninja Looters / MTU hunters / Ganks
  2. Mining Can Flippers/Gankers / 100mn MWD bump into Nirvana
  3. Incursion Gankers (had a fleet warped into a Smartbomb BS trap )/ enemy Logis wich warp of grid the whole Squad, Totaly a mistake right ?
  4. Homefronts Leecher /contesting/ Ganking
  5. The best part BOTS everywhere… Srsly i thought 0,0 was heavy botted but ■■■■ empire is seeded whit them.

You want an acttivity that helps New Player wich they do whit Veterans ? Protect the Acitivity !! No Ganks no ■■■■■■■ leeching, no i have to tell the new guys that we are geeting leeched on and oh well…thats EvE ?
Give the players a ■■■■■■■ protected Activity wich they can do and will be Protected in. Abyssa is one of the best example why ppl like doing it.

Don´t come me whit “this is EvE” tell that to the new guy who did not log back in because hes already getting ■■■■■■ by starting playing EvE…

Oh yeah i forgot, you win EvE by deinstalling it.

3 Likes

Wow I can feel the anger radiating from that post.

Calm down.

Fix your grammar.

Get some coherent sentences and format your post a tad bit better.

I am not going to respond to that mess but I would like to point out that we incursion runners don’t get ganked often while actually running incursions.

This is incorrect and has not happened for at least 2 years. We had 1 major ganker who specialized in incursions terrorize us for a few weeks but then just gave up. :man_shrugging: I can’t recall the last time someone actually got ganked in an actual incursion fleet. (Not moving TO the incursion, IN the fleet).

Anyways. Please Calm down dude.

1 Like

Well, time to go back at it.

Edit: i did notice the miner DIDI O is moving this topic into another “stop ganking protect the newbs” Salt Party! :salt:

2 Likes

wtf how is that related to what I wrote?

1 Like

I guess he is arguing that “multiboxing is how to run every content in EVE because otherwise you’d had to trust other players and because CCP made the game so crappy that betrayal is allowed you can only prevent losses by doing everything yourself. Because losses are the horror and the game is basically unplayable if you had to replace some stuff from all the billions of profit you make with the activities!”.

At least that is how I read this rant. :rofl:

2 Likes

“then just gave up” after few succsesful kills?
army of BlackWomen will return, soon or later.

1 Like