Why didnt u sell on top? šŸ“‰

LMAO. Counterparty risk is still risk. You give all your money to some company and you risk having them turn out to be scoundrels. Companyā€™s lose money and go bankrupt ALL THE TIME. No matter what you do, you have risk.

Iā€™ll bet even stuffing money in your mattress has more than 2% risk.

2 Likes

Well donā€™t do that. Shouldnā€™t be hard to find quality brokerages these days.

Iā€™d give you a month long bet that JPM isnā€™t going bankrupt within that month.

Never heard of MF Global. Why would I put my money with them?

https://money.cnn.com/news/specials/storysupplement/bankbailout/

You wouldnā€™t now. But they were a big player once.

I pity you the painful lessons you will have to learn in the coming years.

They donā€™t sound like a big player. Why would I put my money in anything but the biggest of the big? And why would I let someone trade my money for me?

I mean I guess thatā€™s the purpose of hedgefunds but that is a risk that has to be factored. If you think 20% returns on your money is a good return for the risk of leaving it in Blackrocks hands then fineā€¦but you have to assess that risk.

Iā€™ve been investing for 30 yearsā€¦never lost money because someone mismanaged it fraudulently

1 Like

Keep at it. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get there. The entire system is a fraud filled with powerful liars and thieves. They just havenā€™t gotten around to you yet.

Uh no. Lol

1 Like

You know it is true - or you wouldnā€™t have so much faith in JPM to overcome any obstacle.

I donā€™t have anything to do with JPM. I just know itā€™ll be here 10 years from now.

Not your keys, not your crypā€¦ greek bonds? Ok, I see your problem. Maybe donā€™t invest in the legacy system.

This guy is pro-Bitcoin and he is highly cherished by the UAE government:

1 Like

Oh and for the ā€œthe government will ban Bitcoin!ā€ people:

Enter Professor Gary Gensler, he is now the appointed Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman and he literally gave lectures about crypto and blockchain technology at MIT.

You can watch it here: 1. Introduction for 15.S12 Blockchain and Money, Fall 2018 - YouTube

Oh and another one for the ā€œthe government will ban Bitcoin!ā€ people:

And what is the reason thirld world country that uses american dollarinos instead of their own currency, will accept bitcoin? Economic independency? Financial independency? This will end badly.

It is political decision, so I will drop discussing it here. Avoiding sanctions thru alternative currency and all of that.

BTW, someone lost cash while gambling, now accuses someone elseā€¦

1 Like

Here is some more background for the El Salvador situation.

We will see how this turns out. Their dependence on the dollar has caused enormous issues from what I read. I do think for various reasons that Bitcoin will fix a lot in this country.

Iā€™m pretty sure we will hear great things from there in the future.

Lol @ the anon stuff. The influence Musk has on the price where always just short dips or pumps that reverted a couple minutes later. But people are always looking for someone to blame. Iā€™m not a fan of Musk though, he kinda showed what an immature idiot he is in the last months.

1 Like

Thats a very one sided, almost propagandistic message on reddit. There are different views on that situation really. I have seen people being accused of corruption and other crimes, in my country, and that was a political thing, having nothing to do with justice. Its about destruction of opposition and establishing autoritharian rule while you still have support of people. That was happening many times in history, is happening even today.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ntacqz/i_thought_this_community_was_supposed_to_oppose/h0r7vx2/

El Salvadorā€™s debt now surpasses over 90% of its GDP.

Chavez was also very popular, look at Venezuela now.