Why does CCP even bother banning exploits?

I’ve been playing EVE since 2009 and every time I see info about a new exploit for Eve on the internet , be it infinite money, cloaking sieged or something else I really do wonder - whats the point banning it or better yet - how does CCP even tell the difference between exploits and game mechanics?

1. Infinite money/duping: What's the problem? - 30-boxing Incursions or mining with bots/input replicators seems to be completely legit as far as the developer is concerned and provides almost infinite money with no real gameplay, hence causing mass inflation. 

2. Any mechanic that makes the player invulnerable - dual boxing with a falcon alt, or using a jump ship to just teleport over risky gates already does the same thing

3. Unfair advantage in combat - see 2 + anything to do with supercapitals

4. Ability to steal items from other players - just wait for them on an abyssal beacon and gank them - pick up the stuff with your alt - they can’t even see you until they’re dead, let alone fight back and do to the fitting requirements for abyssals they can’t even adapt their fit to avoid getting ganked - even in a 1.0 system

Honestly, looking at the dwindling number of players in Eve these days - and assuming at least 75% of those are just PLEX alts, maybe it would be a good idea for CCP to make a clearer differentiation between exploits and normal gameplay.

1 Like

Err what? You see money duping, if that even would exist in EVE (outside scamming), on the same level as “using a Falcon”? You both see them as exploits?

2 Likes
1 Like

If CCP makes it people will multibox it.

1 Like

do you even know what game you are playing, piracy is one of the oldest parts of the game. As well as the most fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i dont know, pirates get hanged when caught, they dont get given a 15 minute timeout.

2 Likes

Imagine this in any other game - like starcraft, getting in the middle of a 1v1, and then just paying for another account to disable your opponents units, it would never make it into the game - it’s just a ridiculous game mechanic. It literally completely negates any tactic that could be used by an opponents - the person paying for 2 accounts just wins every battle with zero effort. It ruins the entire game just like an exploit.

What is the point off game balancing if you get to just stack accounts on one side of the scale until your victory is guaranteed no matter what?

1 Like

You have a defeatist attitude. That’s why you see unfair advantage everywhere you look. And that is the true reason why you won’t succeed in Eve.

P.S. Botting and input broadcasting are both bannable offenses.

3 Likes

Again. If CCP makes it people will multibox it Legally :slight_smile:

You do know that you can also have just as many accounts as they can, right?

1 Like

I know I can get alts - I even used to have one before i transferred the character to my primary account with PLEX several years back. But after few years spent afk, I don’t feel like I should be forced to get a 3 monitor set up and pay $50 a month just to play the game a bit without getting griefed in every activity including money making - all the prices are literally at least 7x of what they were when I started playing over a decade ago and the payouts didn’t get bigger - players are just doing these activities with 6 alts now.

PS. those 30 nightmares doing an hq incursion site in perfect unison with iterated account names that I’ve been seeing for 5 years now, including today must just be my imagination then.

1 Like

Report or record it. No one here will simply take your word for it you know…

1 Like

in RL pirates were mortal humans, we are immortal pod pilots and the humans fear us , they know if they kill our clone we just come back… and we wont be happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

two people fighting against one person flying 2 accounts willl usually win as the multiboxers attention is split, whats the problem ,get some friends

3 Likes

First, you don’t need alts to be competitive… or 150 million SP, or to be a no-lifer. Several PvE and PvP youtubers have made videos where they addressed such concerns (i.e. Suitonia playing on a self-funded alpha and going out and getting kills, or Hateless limiting his play time while he tried to take a brand new alpha omega). Don’t get me wrong, things like alts, SP, and how much time you have to play are all advantages. But at the end of the day, it is your brains, attitude, and determination that will determine your success in Eve. So, maybe you should focus less on what other people are doing, and try to develop tactics and strategies that are compatible with your goals, play style, and real life circumstances. I mean, you think that you are “getting griefed” because you are disadvantaged. But the truth of the matter is that you are “getting griefed” because you are a soft target -you are making yourself an attractive target to hunters.

Second, if you suspect someone of breaking the EULA, then you should report them.

Finally, if you have any questions (especially concerning how to guard against ganks), feel free to ask. However, if you just want to keep complaining about how unfair Eve is, I’m probably gonna bounce.

1 Like

Forget everything you think you know about other games. Eve is not like any other game you have played.

2 Likes