Why does trade have to cough up all the isk sinks?

i was just making the point that it is dumb to try to save money by making a buy order when it costs more to set up than just buying from a sell order

what is the point of trying to get a better deal when it costs more to try
it is a dumb mechanic and i dont really care for explanations or advice about that
im just making a point that it is a dumb system and it is

Fixed it for you

1 Like

nope
trading skills shouldnt be a requirement to placing a buy order for a better deal
that is a dumb mechanic and makes no sense in any economy

Negotiating for better deals is quite normal in any economy.

You are in denial.

a man is selling a used car for £3000
i dont want to pay £3000 i only want to pay £2500
i offer him £2500 and he agrees
the car now costs £3500

denial my ass

Fixed it for you. Also had you worked with that 3rd party website for quite some time (personal standings/loyalty program) or negotiated with the trading platform owner for lower cut (negotiating skills) - the car price that you had to pay might have ended up lower than original owner asked for it.

1 Like

so what skills do i have to train irl to make the auction house charge me less than 30% commission
and no i didnt make an offer on a 3rd party website because they use a dumb mechanic that makes no sense in any economy

broker in EvE, 3rd-party website, auction house are all technically the same - the middlemen to make trade between you and someone else safer and/or more convenient but they take a cut from the deal.

What y missing is that when you train negotiation skills, you are injecting knowledge in your brain on how to negotiate and bargain better. Just like that

nah theyre not the same
it shouldnt cost more to place a buy order than it does to accept a sell order
that defeats the purpose of making buy orders
and i know you can train skills to improve the margin but those skills are kinda garbage and make no sense

yeah i get that mentality but its still garbage
i dont need to go to college to say i want the car for £2500

Yeah let’s say you bargain with the owner and he deals for 2400. If you magically inject negotiation and bargain skills into your brain you talk to him and close the deal for 2200

Note that I’ve had to scroll down almost halfway through the list of sell orders when ordered by price ascending to even get to Jita. The cheapest injectors in Perimeter are 97% of the price of the cheapest ones in Jita.

You are unequivocally wrong.

There are also no reasonable buy orders in Jita because it is impossible to place a competitive buy order there.

1 Like

wtf
i am not in perimeter
i dont care about the injectors listed in perimeter
the injectors i was talking about are the injectors posted in jita
jee eee taa
do you understand
when you post a sell order in jita it is not posted in perimeter is it
do you understand that

Traders are percentually less affected than the average population,
because the average population does not skill for lower fees and taxes.

Been years, forgot if it applies to only one, or both.

Just thought I’d point that out.

Use some punctuation, FFS!

2 Likes

To the entire rest of the world without a shrieking, infantile insistance on trading in one particular system, Perimeter is close enough to Jita as to be regarded as one market for most high volume trade items.

You can throw a tantrum about being IN JITA all you want, but the sell price floor and the buy price ceiling are set by Perimeter’s trading activity, not Jita’s.

It makes a ton of sense to save money by making a buy order if you place the buy order in a way that isn’t deliberately stupid.

The fees you pay in Jita are paid to a third party (the market broker). What do you think is supposed to happen here? The third party is supposed to say, “Oh, the price spread is really narrow so I guess I just won’t take my cut, you go ahead and keep it, friend?”

Dude, that is not my words you quoted.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, I quoted it out of your post for convenience and the autoquote did that. I’ll fix it.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

im not talking about perimeter
for the fifth time i dont care about perimeter
stop talking to me about perimeter

well yeah
if you own a shopping mall and you charge so much rent that the merchants cant afford to operate then you are going to fail
also the charge on contracts is dumb too
i scammed someone for 7.7bn and it cost me 77m just to scam them
a private contract between 2 people and some mysterious entity is allowed to scrape a percentage off for no reason
that is the real scam