Why newbies don't stay

Nope.
Well I could, but I really dont feel like it.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I didn’t see where medics have to tend to the enemy though or what the “Articles of War” is…the doctor one though is well know.

Still honorable though regardless…

Your assumed ignorance is completely unnecessary.

And theres no such thing as honor.

Its made up ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like

LOL…I bet you don’t…

we were having the same conversation in alliance chat . Thrre should be something that points new players towards recruitment so they can find a home and learn from real players what the game has to offer.

Do you know that the notions of “chivalry honor” raised because it was actually more efficient for middle-age knights to ransom than to kill other lords ? That slavery was actually forbidden because it was completely cost-inefficient once steam engines appeared ? Or bushido was a way for japan daimos to not be attacked by their armies (by actually threatening the family) ? Or that pigs are forbidden in Kuran, because they contain a lot of human parasites (among other reasons) ? A lot of today’s moral lessons are the result of yesterday’s practical vision. The truth is, without witness, only god will judge your soul. Praise Bob !

All of your examples have grains of truth to them, that there maybe more than one (or a dozen) reasons why we believe in something. It still doesn’t change the fact that one might find themselves in a situation where you can either choose to act “honorably” (by whichever applicable metric) or not.

You mean, how to become a good cog in the wheel?

Not really, collapsing wormholes is just part of wormhole space life, its no minor process to do, but required to keep yourself safe from attack.

If someone is stuck inside a pod when it happens, that’s just bad luck on top of loosing their ship.

Jasmine, just to let you know there are pirates out there in LS like that, and some corps who do pride themselves on it, and will replace costs, apologise AND boot characters who set up a ransom and then blow the ship/pod. (Unless the Isk doesn’t turn up… :slight_smile: )

M
xx

2 Likes

If only there was a group in Hisec that gave content.

Calm down ag,

I am of course referring to the group who ACTUALLY have been proven to retain players through emergent gameplay.

Praise James 315

1 Like

The answer is probably very simple. EVE is not that fun or interesting. EVE combat is chess not overwatch or fornite. F1. F1. F1.

the game is slllooooowwww. training is slow. learning how to play is slow. achieving goals is slow.

i have played on and off for almost 15 years. but if i started as a new player today, i’d probably quit after a few weeks and find something on sale on steam.

4 Likes

I am 121 days into the game,.
I read most of the posts and can only share my own personal experiences so far,.

I do really like the game,in the short time I have played,it has a lot of good stuff going for it.I started off Alpha then went Omega after six weeks, and actually things have been going very well,.but with that being said I have hit a kind-of “Skill brick wall”.
I did research the game a lot before I started to play and knew that my main frame of mind was not to be in any kind of hurry, but the skill time tree is insane.I have ships sitting in my hanger that will take months to be able to fly and equip properly and that is if I decide to keep paying with Omega,.
So what do I do to kill the time ?,…I completed Project Discovery to L500,.nice stuff acquired and a bit engaging,…I’ve been mining,always easy ISK,.done missions to level 3,. fun and a good learning experience but a bit repetitive,.
Exploring is fun but have you ever gone exploring for two hours and come up with hardly nothing,.that’s a bit frustrating,especially if it happens more often then not,.
The only thing I haven’t done is PVP,.and I really don’t want to go that route yet till I feel I am ready to take it on,.I need ships,.and I need skills to compete against players that have been playing for years and have way more better tools,…why do I want to just throw my ships away to feed the sharks when I am just a guppy,.doesn’t make sense,and not a good business decision.
I was very lucky about one thing,.I am a streamer and the amount of support I have received through the players by streaming as been wonderful,if not overwhelming at times,.so I just have been paying it forward helping out new gamers that stream and also spending time in rookie chat trying to help out,.
and that has been a fun and rewarding experience .
I’m just logging in every day or two now,checking my skill progression and a few other things like playing with fits or making and selling things, so I’m doing the time grind waiting for skills,.which is getting boring very quickly,.but I’m going to hang in there for a bit because I still have things to learn.
I think CCP has been trying really hard to get new player’s into the game this last year and that some of the community have been trying really hard to help them get over the new player “wall”, but also there is some vet players that are extremely toxic with the salt and complaining and that is so discouraging to new players,…
,.just my 2 cents,.for what that is worth,.

5 Likes

&

I like slow, and I like chess.

Stay at it, CCP.

2 Likes

turn off suicide in hisec and you will see new players who actualy play.
every change ccp is doing hits new players most - even the last - deleting of local in 0.0
who will die? old char with nyx or newbie in the raven? of course raven it is insta kill there is no umbrela save such guy. All to blame is ccp who should play thair own game more.

if 0.0 generates to much isks just remove the bounty from the rats - why concord should alwyas pay the same price for every rat destroyed? New players should not be exploited - it is eve it is normal but everthing has its limits. So people dont want to play.

2 Likes

The only reason people die in high suicides is simply not paying attention.

But sure, do that, but make belt rats actually a danger, not a pointless nothing.

1 Like

new players are new and they dont pay attention, they are not old chars from 2006 who knows about eve everthing…

3 Likes

So you have to be a vet to know a crowd might contain danger?

Please, a lot of the worst new player bashing really comes from how stupid you must think they are.

2 Likes

actually a lot of new players, and old player alike, don’t mind the possibility to be ganked, or even better, consider it a good thing in the game - as long as it doesn’t become “podnewb online”.

if you remove the bounty from rats, new players will suffer the most from it.

2 Likes