Why talking about Skillpoints makes me happy

The benefit of standings is trivial.

2 Likes

I am a sociopath with excellent social skills. After I shoot some poor bastard, I don’t tea-bag his remains, that is poor conduct and likely to get you killed by his friends watching from the tree line. My last psych eval showed I am ā€œmarginalā€ – since I lost my leg somewhere east of Poland – whatever the heck that is suppose to mean. Go ahead, I don’t mind the term sociopath, but get along with the other sociopaths just fine.

1 Like

That may be true for a ganker like you…

DMC
o7

Yes, that seems to be the case.

What is the fractional percentage increase from standings?

Try being more specific, such as for what?

DMC
o7

When you buy and sell items, how much does it change your fees.

You are the expert, you tell us.

My broker fee is 1.47%.

Over 1 trillion isk, I’ve saved 300 million.

1 Like

I agree. And I do trading as my main activity in the game. I do it in Jita mostly, and no, I have no standings with the Caldary Navy. (The reason I don’t have standings is because I can’t stand missions or any other PVE, and Meridan is my main for everything in the game. I don’t do alt play for major activities I participate in, such as trading).

And my margins are great. True, if I was trading in items with very low profit margins, then the standings with the Caldari Navy would start to matter more. But as it is, the difference is inconsequential for me.

Standings only affect broker fees and relist, not the sales tax. And sales tax is the largest of the fees being taken off of an order. You can do trading and still amass hundreds of billions on the market. You lose out a bit compared to high-standings traders, yes, but that’s just it – it’s ā€˜ā€˜a bit’’. I won’t go and do missions just to gain that ā€˜bit’ of an advantage.

2 Likes

Yes, I know what I said.

If you are just selling off loot, it is fine.

If you are trading - that is, actively competing in the market against other traders - having submax skills is effectively gimping yourself over one of the shortest trains in the game.

1 Like

In NPC stations the base Broker’s Fee is 3%… The Broker Fee can be reduced with the Broker Relations skill and NPC standings…

The equation for the NPC Broker’s Fee percentage is this:

Broker’s fee % = 3% āˆ’ 0.3% Ɨ Broker Relations level āˆ’ 0.03% Ɨ faction standing āˆ’ 0.02% Ɨ corporation standing

You can do your own math on that…

However I will say that with no skills or standing the Broker’s Fee is 3%… With Broker Relations V, the Broker’s Fee is reduced to 1.5%… With +10 Faction and +10 Corp standing the fee is reduced to 1%…

Course we’re talking about a character that’s created specifically for Trade career… So with what I posted earlier by getting +8 Faction and +10 Corp standing, the Broker’s Fee should be reduced to about 1.2%…

In the future please do your own research…

DMC
o7

1 Like

So basically, 0.003 x 1E12 = 3 billion isk.

Maybe worth it if you are trading a trillion isk a month?

Guess you missed the part where I said:

DMC
o7

This sounds like a job for the UNITED STANDING SERVICE!

For 0 base standing to 5 base standing with [CN] the price is 1732mil (1 bil 732 mil). During this process you are likely to receive between 176mil and 400mil back in shared mission rewards and LP which are yours to keep.

For 5 base standing to 8 base standing with [CN] the price is 2290 mil (2 bil 290 mil). During this process you are likely to receive between 231mil and 520mil back in shared mission rewards and LP which are yours to keep.

So roughly 15 billion isk upfront for 5 trade alts, for a monthly savings of 3 billion isk each. That’s not a bad idea. I suppose I have to agree with Mr. Crimson, that a trader of my scale should probably hire someone to do this.

:woman_teacher:t2:

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever hit a trillion in a month, but well into the hundreds of billions and I think I am basically a casual. It will absolutely add up for scale traders.

I never said that and more importantly, stop trying to portray me as an advocate to use that service…

DMC
o7

Talking about SP with AI or with the community is like geeking out over any hobby, there is passion behind it. :face_blowing_a_kiss:

1 Like