Why the CSM Matters -Reform Before Dissolution

ccp makes half of the choice who is on the csm. this is ambiguous, but it sounds to me like they take voting as a suggestion and pick who is on there.

Er, what?!..* runs off to buy some more tin foil*

2 Likes

You do know how the election works right? CCP isn’t just picking who they want, they are using STV-system to get the candidates who get the most votes. I’d think for someone who wants to be in CSM, you’d be well-versed in the process.

CCP has stated clearly, that they have 50% of the say in who is elected.

Citation, please.

2 Likes

I’m interested to know the details of that as well.

2 Likes

+1 from me on interest in where they have said this.

1 Like

Where? As far as I know CCP do hold the final say on who gets to the CSM and who doesn’t as well as they have the right to kick a person out of CSM if needed. But nowhere does it say that CCP will just drop 50% votes on someone to get them elected.

Are you saying here, that ccp is atleast half in an conspiracy to enable goon stellar management?

Would you mind sharing that quote please?

LOL, I’m more curious as to if it’s ambiguous or stated clearly… obviously an hour is a long time, possibly they stated clearly after initially being ambiguous?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

It made me very happy to be thought of as considerate, especially by someone who I think would have high standards for that word.

1 Like

The quote won’t exist. In saying that CCP can refuse anyone campaign they feel would not be suitable for CSM, such as a compulsive liar as a player, a player who has previous bans, a player with constant forum warnings. Basically anyone they feel would be detrimental to have as a face of EVE. Which could be considered CCP having a say. But that refusal happens well before voting.

I thought CCP had that option. I’m a little surprised they haven’t stepped in already, given the tone of the candidates posts. I expected with his desire to replace Hilmar and Falcon and be in the faces of devs during everyday operations, they would have shut him down awhile ago.

1 Like

They won’t shut anyone down till CSM applications are officially opened. And unless I missed a blog that hasn’t happened yet. And if it has I have missed a lot of other peoples campaign threads.

1 Like

Are you saying Naari talks ■■■■■■■■ “again” ??

NO WAY! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ah, he’s getting a head start! When is the official start for the CSM campaigns? I always vote, but must admit I am quite disappointed by the recent events involving the CSM.

1 Like

Somewhere in May I expect? Based on previous years.

1 Like

Yeah, so apparently there is now a follow up investigation to the Brisc Rubal banning. I’m not going to lie, this is some interesting space drama.

2 Likes

Yes, the wording by Falcon seems to indicate a probable course change in the direction this incident had been going.

Ready about! …Hard alee!!

1 Like