Why would I report bots?

You are okay with perma banning innocent players? Yup. I am sure CCP will see your idea as a great one. No stop making bot software. And don’t deny it, I watch all posts carefully and you are 99,99 percent clearly a bot software maker. And you are 100 percent ok with my deduction AND you are ok with banning innocent players. @CCP_Guard please ban this botmaker.

1 Like

This is like those old examples of the Ford Pinto explosions, whatever that manufacturing plant waste runoff one was, or others where companies do cost/benefit analysis and make decisions solely on money.

In the Ford Pinto example Engineers found out Ford Pintos would explode and kill people.

They calculated out how much it would take to recall and fix cars.

Then they calculated how much it would be to just settle the lawsuits/pay fines/let people explode.

The “let people explode and pay the fines” way was very much cheaper.

So that’s what they did.

CCP ARENT STUPID. THEY FIGURED OUT RMT/BOTTERS ACTUALLY BENEFIT THEM AND MAKE THEM MORE MONEY.

ITS NOT AN ACCIDENT BOTTERS ARE ALLOWED TO RUN RAMPANT FOR YEARS AND YEarS!

1 Like

This is crazy logic and somewhat unsettling if from only an ISD.

Like just say that out loud to yourself dude.

WTF??

Wait what?
Shaming a bot can get you forum-banned?!

I think the single biggest reason you should report bots is to help yourself. If you report bots, you reduce the rate of inflation and thus your isk is worth more.

If it means that we get rid of all bots quickly and thereby limiting the damage to the game, I’m okay with having a fault of 0.01%, meaning 1 in 10,000 will be innocently banned. If there are proper measures to do much deeper checks, this innocent one will be unbanned and greatly compensated for the mistake.

In that way, yes.

Got me. I thought my smartest move is to hide in plain sight, but apparently you were too clever. Grrr.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s because otherwise people could feel invited to randomly accuse others of botting. In a way it’s also better if they don’t become alarmed by people talking about them, real bots that is.

3 Likes

And that’s exactly why CCP won’t care about your opinion. You don’t know if there is or not false positive. your 0.01% may as well be 100%.

When you report a bot you actually say CCP “I think maybe this one has a bot behaviour, please enquire”.

Then CCP has to find bot pattern in the bot actions, and maybe then also find other bots in the same “family”. and wait to have enough of them to purge all of them at once.

You’re asking if the Devs who can’t even get the Agency window to work decently well, why they can’t detect and take care of bots?

Maybe CCP/PA should consider hiring some of the VAC developers or something? :thinking:

2 Likes

Though there is a set number of steps/actions you can or must make to determine a bot…

Certain bots like miners, couriers and such similar can be bonafide confirmed when you gank them and their pod keeps trying to complete its script. (thats when you report them, and make a petition with links to the KB and pics/fraps)

You’ll also get banned for posting Putin pictures.

Should look at what just reported about the China server in regards to cheaters.
Also note that CCP strongly said that the coding that allows this new punishment will not be in the other world wide server. My hope is that the new data mining capability will combine with the AI development to learn to highlight suspected botters and flag them for the security team as reported earlier this month. If botting is still a problem in 6 months, then CCP is fully complicent.

Legit disillusionment vs CCP apologists vs botter alts.

It doesn’t get much better than this on a Monday morning.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s not a thread until Mr Epeen leaves his sig

You must love the tentacle!

What makes you think those teams overlap. Wait, maybe that’s the problem. Why did CCP assign the UI Team to tackle bots!

2 Likes

DOES YELLING MAKE YOU FEEL HAPPIER THAN POSTING LIKE AN INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING?

You forgot at least 3 exclamation points, btw.

1 Like

I thought bots were a deliberate part of the rich PVE experience. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

index

3 Likes