Why would I report bots?

some alliances like RR always kill their bots and kick them out, while some alliances like IA(INIT) doesn’t allow members to kill blue even they’re bots :frowning:
and it’s hard to catch VNI bots if they directly warp to a POS when neuts come.

2 Likes

There is a bot corp not too far from my system and whenever I’m online and pass by their system, I can see 6 VNIs and 1 Noctis botting there, 23/7. I used to report them every day and they still ratting there months later. I talked to them but no reply, I warp to thembut no respond. But when I fire at their drones, they call the drone which under attacked back and launch another drone out. I kill 6 of it’s 7 drones and it continue to rat with the only one drone left. I know, they’re not bots cos they didn’t get banned :confused:
https://www.zkillboard.com/corporation/98532617/

1 Like

Players have been reporting bots and trying to get CCP to address the problem for over a decade.

CCPs reaction to ban keycasting took years, and still the amount of suspended bots is roughly the same every month, nor are their isk transfers traced and revoked.

Then they reduced a 30 day suspension for botting, to 3 days.

I mean this is clear as day.

Its not worth the effort for players to report bots.

If CCP wont put in the effort to address botting wrecking balance and the economy in EVE, thats their own fault, and not ours.

1 Like

The information was not hidden behind password protection.
It isn’t my fault that tinyminer messed up.

Yeah okay, people will abuse the report function or will report bots without even doing proper checks. The ones who do it on purpose should be punished, the ones who do it by accident should learn to check more properly. If you do some checks, measure times and so on, you can make a pretty well-based assumption. It’s still an assumption, sure, but between great micromanagement and working like a clockwork in every aspect is still a large difference.

Allright, they can’t tell us details. They could change the dealing with bots though. If I recall correctly, botters get a 3 day ban when first being catched. What happens to all the assets and ISK they acquired before they got caught? They shouldn’t keep it, nor should their alts or mains. If they don’t get a permaban, at the very least they should be stripped of all assets, ISK and most of the SP across all their accounts. This would ensure that once a botter get caught, the negative influence the botter has on other players is fixed.

Then your detection parameters are simply not good enough. If you build upon a bad base set of data and/or assumptions, you cannot succeed.

And this is just your assumption. Narrowing in on bots is very much possible, especially for the very simple bots that we’re seeing in operation. The “better” bots, that players may not even recognize as bots, still follow unhuman patterns.

The 0.01 false positive means that for 10000 banned accounts, one would be banned while being innocent. Your math is based on the wrong assumption that the 0.01 would mean anything else.

You don’t need to know the false positive ratio before, but 0.01 would be a fine goal. In order to reach this, you implement a multi-layered system in which you trust the number of false positives is so very low.

CCP said that hacked accounts are a much larger source for RMT than botting. Essentially, botting helps players to collect ressources faster than other players. EVE is a competetive game and if it neither allowed to bot, but also not properly punished - what are players to make of this? Is it that CCP is so nice and forgiving or is it that this is to be understand as an open invitation to everyone to start botting now? You don’t lose your assets, you only get a 3 day ban. This is the problem. There needs to be a clear decision on which side CCP is standing.

I already forgot about IA/Init. They started botting the day they moved to Fountain and have been doing it ever since.

Yes.

And CCP has made it quite clear by their actions where thy stand on botting.

They dont care. Thy just suspend the same amount per month, dont trace isk, and the same players continue botting on alts.

They reduced 30day suspension to 3 days.

Its time to just face it as it is.

It’s still understandable, that CCP can’t take the risk to have such information on their forums. They probably don’t want to get involved in any avoidable legal action and they don’t want any form of doxxing (even if these botters kind of doxxed themselves), because that’s generally not good to separate game life from real life.

Great, that you found it, but reddit is a better place to leak such things.

But that means we all should be botting, unless we want to have the unfair disadvantage of not botting. I mean, the EULA/ToS kind of clearly states that botting is not allowed, so one would think that it’s not CCP’s intention to hint people towards botting.

If it isn’t, if they really want to hit botters and get the help of non-botters, it’s time to create a better framework for this.

I didn’t say “abolute proofe” because I know how to spell.
I said “absolute proof”

I got it from scouring the bot makers website.

Yes, it does, and that is the situation now.

Believe me, I promise you the more you look into this, the angrier and the more demotivated you will become, as I said earlier.

I know exactly the slope you are sliding down, as do many, many others.

You have four choices

1. Continue poking your finger at botting and get trolled till you are banned.
  2. Ignore it, and just watch EVE die around you.
  3. Stop playing EVE in disgust.
  4. Fk it all, and start botting yourself for huge income.

thanks … its clear now you had nothing at all …

JuuR

This is the type of ■■■■ tier post people make when they are trying to cover their bot activities or trying to bait you into a forum ban for yourself.

They intentionally lie and make false claims to get you worked up in to posting something they can report.

What demotivates me the most is thinking that already new players come into contact with bot-neighbors early on and leave the game because of it. I don’t know if it happens, but my highsec alts see botting so much in the open, that if I were a new player, I think I’d just lose any interest in the game. As a not so new player, I don’t want that to happen to others, because players = the game. No players, no fun in EVE.

1. I’d be surprised if I get banned for discussing this.
  2. Can’t ignore it, it’s too much in the open.
  3. No, I like EVE.
  4. No, for the same reason as #3. Using or creating bots would kill the fun in the game for me. It would make it a different game, “bot manager” rather than EVE and I don’t want that. It takes away the challenge that EVE is.

I don’t know, if this is the current version:
https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/suspension-and-ban-policy/

But it worries me, that

An immediate permanent ban of an account may result if:
a. Investigation shows that a player has employed the use of an exploit tactic despite a public announcement being made to alert players they will be banned for using it.

while:

however, warnings may be given for first time offenses, followed by account suspensions of varying degree and ultimately a permanent ban if a player:
b. Is discovered to be employing the use of a third party program to macro illegally. Funds or goods received from the benefits of macroing are subject to removal from the player’s inventory.

So basically, someone who uses any of the exploits that happen from time to time (alpha login exploit, the sp training exploit etc.) can get a permaban for doing what the game software itself failed to implement correctly, while players who knowingly break the rules by employing 3rd party bot-software, get treated like they need understanding.

That’s just weird.

1 Like

Report them or don’t. Nobody cares if you do the rest of us will as we think appropriate. There is no reward.

Myself and many others have gone down that hole, on that slope, long ago.

Understanding how bad botting is in EVE and how much damage it does to this game, will drive you deeper into despair and more anger.

This situation is very, very bad.

The trolls and botters havent come at you in full force yet.
They will if they think you are a threat.
They will troll your posts, flag them en masse, and send reports to community staff on you till the thread is locked or you are removed from saying what they dont want said.

This has happened dozens of times before.
Many have tried, as you are, and gotten wrecked for it by trolls and moderation.
Maybe you will be the one to make a difference, but the odds are massively against you, and they will make you pay a heavy price.

The worst thing you can do is report bots. It will kill the game for you.

Bots are a never ending swarm driven by player greed, if devs ever got around to harnessing that greed then they might have a chance to decrease bots.

But instead most devs seem to think that having a war on bots will be successful. Sort of like the war on drugs.

Forums such as these aren’t really the sort of place for solutions to the problem because bot makers and users, also use forums. Which can distort discussions.

what the hell you talking about?
hmm … not sure i really want to know

you wrote you had 100% proof for botting … guess CCP had a different view on that

o/

JuuR

When you remove a detectable bot, you add an undetectable bot.

YOU said that 0.01 % of people will be innocently banned. In the end your program will only ban innocent people.

We know that CCP Security team suspends a steady average of 1k bot accounts a month.