Widow Fits

i realise that the Widow is one of those Black Ops ships that can have it’s job done by something like a falcon and that the only real bonus is that it can deal out more DPS; so with that in mind does anyone out there fly it and if so, what fits are you using?

The Window also has significantly higher defensive stats, and has a Jump Drive. Both of which can be useful in certain situations.

I’ve never flown it myself, but I’ve know people who routinely flew it behind enemy lines, to stealthily disrupt things for the enemy. I’m not sure how useful the Falcon would be if that is the goal.

If you can’t figure out how to fit a combat blops you shouldn’t think about flying a combat blops.

3 Likes

I won’t tell you my fit but i will tell you that you are approaching this ship very wrong. If you fit or fly this like a falcon you will lose it. As with all blops the specific fit depends on the situation. The mentality you need when deciding on the fit is simple.

I have the highest burst tank of any blops.

I can jam most common tackle simultaneously with one module.

I can reach over 1k dps.

Ecm is never my tank.

Grapples are a thing now.

Follow those guides while fitting and you should do fine. Also remember the widow can be a powerful fleet blops but solo your better of with any of three other three. So the fleets fit is just as important as your own.

If you need more help feel free to mail me.

2 Likes

I figured this out very quickly, so can you.

Only fleet widow fit you’ll ever need

[Widow, Widow]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II

Gravimetric ECM II
Ladar ECM II
Magnetometric ECM II
Radar ECM II
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Sensor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Caldari Navy Cloaking Device
Dread Guristas Large Graviton Smartbomb

Large Particle Dispersion Projector II
Large Particle Dispersion Augmentor I

sure if your are just looking for easy ganks… any moderate challenge will melt that thing and cruise missiles? what the hell are you dropping on? RHML for BC and lower or torps for BC and higher.

widow is NOT and ECM boat that’s what falcons are for. only time to fit more than a burst to a widow is when you can’t manage a falcon or tengue and are desperate.

you also claim its a fleet fit yet you put the sebo on your BLOPs rather than remotes on your support. the TP should be on your bombers or your recon.

1 Like

Or, how not to fit a Widow (maker).

2 Likes

That fit is for immediately mjd’ing and applying ecm, the dps (while still decent at 700 cold) is an afterthought. As for the sebo, its specifically for fighters as its useless at defending against them without one. As for the paints, most of my guys run damps on their bombers so the paints help out the torps greatly, you can obviously compensate accordingly if your bombers have paint. tl;dr its a combo falcon/bomber, no more no less.

the widow ain’t applying anything immediately. again thats the job of a falcon they are also much better at countering fighters

[Widow, Widow copy]

Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Large Micro Jump Drive
Core C-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Legion Gravimetric ECM
Legion Ladar ECM
Legion Magnetometric ECM
Legion Radar ECM
Sentient Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Heavy Missile
Large Coaxial Compact Remote Armor Repairer
Caldari Navy Cloaking Device

Large Trimark Armor Pump II
Large Trimark Armor Pump II

Gecko x1
'Augmented' Hammerhead x1
'Augmented' Hobgoblin x3

Standard “ECM tanked” Widow. Ment to be dropped with other BLOP’s or T3’s that are armor tanked, hence the Remote Rep. Can obviously be swapped for a neut, but you will only get a medium one in there unless you downgrade the cap booster or remove the 500mn. Those are some option you have to adjust yourself, but I personally like the little extra mobility added by a 500mn. (For cap booster read below)

There are a few things that are important for Blop’s in general (That is not about its fighting capabilities directly):

1. You need a MJD for survival when drops go bad or just to spread out fast on a grid.

2. Be able to cap up to jump cap within the reactivation timer, heavy capbooster is prefferd as it lets you cap up to jump cap with literally just a click. This is the biggest mistake I see in Atlas Durham’s fit.

3. Be able to lock smaller targets fast. Particularly against carriers you want to jam out fighters ASAP. This means the cloak has to be faction (or better) as the scan res penalty is less on those. I also highly recommend a sensor booster with a scan res script.

4. Do the fighting and all that… To be honest, you don’t fly a widow for the tank, neuting, repping, dps or damage… There are better alternatives. However the ECM is amazing and given how dangerous carrier fighters can be, they have a clearcut role there. As well as being able to save others in the gang by jamming out scramming enemies with ease through a range scripted sensor booster and ECM range bonuses.

Here is a good video showcasing how to not fit a widow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFg14E48N9U

If there’s a falcon in fleet, why would you bring a widow instead of a sin or whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont run a cap booster on mine simply because its cap stable and there’s no need to make an emergency jump due to being 100km+ from hostiles; you just need to stay aligned and, if necessary, warp > save ping then cloak on landing > align back to ping > warp then cloak at safe, after which you can jump after capping up passively. That said, with rapid heavies you do of course want to be able to cap up right away, thus making the cap booster necessary for the fit you provided.

While I love brawling in general, I much prefer treating widows like falcons (meaning if you’re inside ~100km to target you’re doing it wrong). Just comes down to preference I suppose!

Because like i said if you’re flying the widow like a big falcon you’re doing it wrong. The two fill very different roles

1 Like

First and foremost: You really really NEED to correct your post before people start yelling the obvious problem over and over.

Clearly, you compared the Widow to a ship that can not Jump Entire Fleets of Stealth Bombers.
So please take a moment to fix what you actually meant to say.

Then I will reply after you have made your correction.
aka showing restraint until then

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.