I think a lot of people invested in PLEX for years in the assumption it was going up forever.
And now that, because of market changes by CCP to nudge it the other way, the price of PLEX goes down there is an abundance of PLEX on the market of people who have the choice of selling it for less or seeing their massive amounts of hoarded PLEX go down further.
I can see it go down further, people have a lot of PLEX.
I heard some people have so much PLEX they throw chunks of 4500 of them out through the airlock into containers floating in space then just leave them behind.
Right now there’s deflationary pressure on real life currencies too btw which have a small amount of cross over to the game. For 2025 the inflation rate in the USA was -1.2% which is actually a great thing when it came after several years of 20+% inflation rate. As others said it will level off at some point. I remember when plex was around 3 million for years and years. This is a great buyer’s market. Sucks for the seller’s though. But everything is supply and demand. If the supply of plex goes down but demand stays the same prices will go back up.
Side not I asked my brother if he wanted to come back to eve and I would buy the plex off the market but he said naw haha.
It hasn’t seen that price since April of 2022. I am not a plexer, I buy for cash to sell for ISK. Right now, I am only buying at sales and not selling due to the low market value. At present I am hoarding my Plex in hopes we see 6,5 or greater. Low plex value in the market doesn’t appeal to me, recent plex sales will have us buying to hold out for the bigger better deal.
Current market values make it a plexer’s market. Which only benefits the alpha who want to dip a toe into omega. From the data I receive, not many new people buy omega. Unless someone has better results, I get about 10 to 15% of mine buying omega. That might only be one month. If they want to keep people like me buying plex to sell for ISK, then sales are key but then I will wait to sell. The recent plex sale will always lower the market value.
As for printing plex? Recent events offering scant amounts of plex is not going to have that huge of an affect on the price. I have yet to look at the event details, but I imagine it might offer 5 to 10 plex for working your ass off. Work your ass off and get 45,000,000 isk worth?
@Antihrist_Pripravnik your graph fails to show us a time line, I can show you this graph and it don’t mean anything without the X axis. Both graphs are misleading without the X axis.
I didn’t say it will drop like it was at certain date in the past but it will drop below current valuse if they keep dumping it like now at great deals (packs, discount). How long do you plan to keep it buying and locking liquids with plex with hope to get it jumped in prices?
I predicted and expected it to drop, when they altered the market last summer. It was regional and people could buy plex in one region and get a better sale in another region. CCP global standardized the market and this had the expected affect.
New buyers grab plex up and want immediate returns. They sell out cheap. This feeding frenzy can’t continue. There is only so much chum in the ocean. I for one can be patient and wait for it to improve. However some of us sellers might question is the next plex sale worth it? Do I really need to be sitting on a mountain of plex waiting for the market to bounce back? Assuming more players wise up and stop under bidding and taking the quick sale for peanuts, we could see 5 million again this summer. This is my hope.
The prices always peak in the summer about June-July. This happens in all online games due to the lower population of players. Weather improves and people are no longer stuck inside. They have other outdoor activities to pursue. Since there are less sales, those buyers still playing will up the price. This is why I will wait for the summer months to sell.