Windows 10 updates

Hello,

This message to explain a loss of functionality in the game following the Windows 10 updates. Indeed, for several months, I am forced to make a restore of the previous version of Windows 10, because the updates create a problem in the interface. Let me explain: when I launch the EVE online client and several accounts, a reduced window normally appears in the task bar at the bottom of the screen for each account. When moving with the mouse cursor over it, we see a miniature version of the window. However, with the updates, the window appears gray with a small icon and we no longer see the miniature content of the account windows. Do you know if there is a way to fix that?

Thank you in advance !

Count Mawedom

I am running 1803 and have thumbnails when hovering for all my taskbar buttons. For Eve the thumbnails show whether or not I choose to combine the buttons.

I don’t believe Windows has a setting to turn off the thumbnails - you can adjust the amount of time you need to hover before they appear.

Pretty sure it’s called disable taskbar preview but I’m not at home to check.

Hello !

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this:

1. Press Windows Key + X to open the shortcuts menu.
  2. Go to system.
  3. On the right hand side choose “system info” from the bottom. Then choose Advanced System Settings.
  4. In the Advanced Tab, find the Performance section and click on ‘Settings’
  5. In the visual effects tab Uncheck “ Enable Peek“
  6. Click ‘Apply’ then ‘OK’.

But It was allready check on “Enable Peek”… So the problem doesn’t come from there…

I show you, what I see with the windows update:

with%20Windows%2010%20update

Do you see thumbnails for your other apps - i.e. Chrome? That will help isolate the problem.

The easiest way to see taskbar settings is simply right click an empty spot on the taskbar.
Peek basically hides all windows and shows the desktop if you move your mouse cursor to the far right of the taskbar. I’ve never found a use for it and leave it turned off.

Hello !

The problem concerns only the accounts of EVE online, not the other applications….

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.