Wipe Eve

Ironically my fax alt just recently finished training carrier 5, he’s now a perfect fax pilot.

Would I be pissed if he got wiped back to zero? Oh yea. Enough to stop playing? Definitely. On many accounts.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Why wouldn’t they? Of course assuming their players stayed in the game at all.

Consider that the main blocs have IT infrastructure that rivals that of fortune 500 companies. They’ve got dedicated security staff, webservers, services, etc. This wouldn’t get wiped. Only the pilots would get wiped.

The players, again assuming they stay (which they wouldn’t), would simply make new accounts and be where they were. Why? They were there and not somewhere else for a reason… they wanted to be there.

If SP is to remain untouched I wouldn’t shed a tear over my pixel collection if we talk about eve 2.0 eve 1.0 will drag it self right back where it is now,granted few years of better game would be had.

Yes. Not surprising at all. That’s why it’s a bad idea, even though a restart certainly would seem interesting for some, including myself.

Of course they wouldn’t reform to their current strength right away - they would be in noobships, like everyone else. But they would reform pretty much instantly. Why wouldn’t they? They exist as groups even while the servers are offline. They track who has access to the corp or alliance outside of the game. They use external forums, messengers, voice chat, wikis, API tools. Why would they not just reinvite everyone after the reset so they could steamroll all the other noobships with a force of 5000 noobships of their own?

The current power blocks strength is not supercapitals and citadels. Those are just a consequence. The biggest part of their power comes from the fact that they have a core of people who understand this game very well, a robust IT infrastructure outside of the game and a lot of line members.

They would be the first ones to reform, they would be the first ones to have Citadels again, and they would be the first ones to build capitals.

Right. But if i know a reset is coming in the future (because ccp won’t do it without prior announcements) what do you think I’m going to do? Keep paying for what i know will soon be deleted? Or will i unsub until after the reset, if not all together?

All the players not paying for a few months is hundreds of millions of RL money.

You still haven’t even provided one good reason to even entertain this idea.

100s of millions in a few months? Pesos maybe…

Besides you guys seem to think I want this done immediately (which would be ok with me but not entirely what I’m proposing). I just think at some point a reset would be more fun than the current game. Obviously they’ll have to look at it from a business standpoint and (hopefully) ethically to give people adequate time to enjoy the pixels they bought with cash. Whether that’s in a month or 5 years it doesn’t matter much to me. Hell they can shut down the servers forever and I won’t cry about it.

And hopefully huge upgrades, re-balances and mechanics changes come with it.

Yeah that’s eve 2.0 if it ever happens.

lol not a chance besides have you seen ccps track record with designing new games

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.