With out ganking, high sec would just be boring

I don’t recall saying anything like that. You’re not linking it though so it’s either something you’ve made up or it’s something someone else said that you’re claiming is me. You tried that tactic once before.

2 Likes

I discovered this new fangled thing called bookmarks :slight_smile:

1 Like

And bookmarks mean that I said something I didn’t say? I don’t think that ganking staying in the game will ruin the game. I don’t think that removing ganking would ruin the game. I think that both extreme sides of this debate are overly aggressive and spend way too much time attacking each other instead of having a meaningful discussion. You are definitely part of one of those extremes and so you’re part of the problem.

I’m not “pretending”. There seem to be a few of you here all claiming that I’m someone else and that half a dozen other posters are also this guy. I’m sure it’s supposed to be some way of trolling.

3 Likes

Sigh. I linked to it. You did. This dishonest flip flopping about is simply tedious.

1 Like

I see, you edited in a link. That link shows someone that is not me saying what you quoted.

I don’t think that ganking staying in the game will ruin the game. I don’t think that removing ganking would ruin the game. I think that both extreme sides of this debate are overly aggressive and spend way too much time attacking each other instead of having a meaningful discussion.

Bookmark this for a quote if you want to link to my opinion in the future.

3 Likes

A lot of people already seem to be unaware. It would probably be a good thing if it made a comeback but I agree with CCPs intention that ganking should be encouraged against higher value targets. I don’t think the game would be broken without ganking though and I don’t think it would be broken if it had a resurgence.

2 Likes

removed more off topic/unconstructive post.

3 Likes

To me, ganking is just another way to earn a living that has emerged from the sandbox. Actually, it’s a very creative way, in my opinion. I feel as though most people forget that EVE is not a game about you. It’s an fully developed ecosystem. Gankers are just a small part of the bigger picture.

The hauler/barge loss is just a drop in the bucket to an organizations bottom line, but it means a lot to the individual. Who really matters more in that scenario? Are we really qualified to answer that based on personal perspectives?

I believe ganking to be a side effect of economic activity. No more, no less. Catalyst don’t roam empty skies, tornados don’t aim at dead gates. Not saying that it is beneficial, rather it is a sign that there is enough moving isk to make it worthwhile. The ganking stopping should be a canary that tells you economic activity is slowing. The isk must flow.

4 Likes

I have been told, by multiple alt accounts that gankers are horrible sociopaths, in RL, and should be punished, in RL, for illiciting an emotional response from people. In a video-game of all things. Imagine that.

And because of this psychotic damaging behavior they should be locked up in some sort of penitentiary or mental health institution.

Gankers are not needed, they are not helpful (or so I’ve been told) and they only exist to spread toxic misery wherever they go.

Interesting thing though, is that I’ve never received a RL death threat, threats of unspeakable sexual deviancy upon my mother, or threats to be hunted down and tortured by a single ganker. But I have gotten them from the so called outstanding denizens of high sec.

It’s quite perplexing.

:thinking:

4 Likes

To bring forth a reaction to extract a response can be seen as a good thing in New Eden.

Soon after spawning I started smuggling Tobacco across lowsec that caused a reaction that resulted in my response to buy a bigger ship to carry larger quantities of tobacco across New Eden.

/
Reason Ganking or PVP releated events are needed in Highsec

Let's also not forget the thrill of stealing someone elses loot outside of Jita 4-4

2 Likes

Ganking is simply highsec PvP. It is as simple as that. Nobody bats an eyelid over the 400 or so Ventures lost every day in lowsec and null. Nobody bats an eyelid over the half a dozen or so Ventures lost every day to NPCs in highsec. Yet for some bizarre reason there’s this strange group of people who feel compelled to whine endlessly because 1% of all Ventures lost every day…around 4 or 5…are lost to other players in highsec.

3 Likes

Smoking and Daylight are bad for you

1 Like
You know I am trying my best here okay...

why do you always ping me to your problems that you have all the time?

You are never going to be my princess EVER!

//If you want to do something helpful? ( 1 month later thread pings are not helpful.)

Reinstate Frostpacker access to you know where!

See Frostpacker are doing their best to apologise with space witch

1 Like

bro how many times has this post been closed?

1 Like

You are not who we thought you were and you can never be who we wanted you to be…EVER!

1 Like

I’m wondering why did MindyHoffer necro the thread and then complain that it hasn’t died yet?

1 Like

I would like to keep this thread topic open @ Zaera Keena for my own mental health and wellbeing.

1 Like

This is why FW should be included in all of Highsec, broken up between the four starting factions.

If your amarr starting faction get out of Minmatar controlled space or be shot by the Minmatar Navy .

1 Like