With out ganking, high sec would just be boring

Ganking should be allowed to happen more

Itā€™s a lot harder to resist the urge to gank in HS than not so thereā€™s thatā€¦

/ btw @Zaera_Keena just checked, thereā€™s no Karen cause we do not complain about ganking.

1 Like

Ganking has never been a problem, itā€™s a pretend issue. People who are actually butthurt about this should not play the game.

6 Likes

Jumpdrives have always been available to Omegas.

The Alpha paywall places them out of reach of those players (i.e. Alphas).

How is that ā€œword saladā€?

Methinks you are just getting pissy because you were wrong in your hypothesis.

1 Like

I agree with the arguments that @Captain_BeerMonster wrote.

However, it is equally true that there were abuses. Not biomassing, that was forbidden and could result into ban. But I have no idea how ā€œguardedā€ that was by GMs. I biomassed some of my alpha gank toons, but they werenā€™t -10 or they were few years old (so I could have argue I had legitimate reason for it, like changing name, not to save few ISK on tags) and GMs didnā€™t punished me for it.

The abuses came from a fact that you can create an unlimited number of (alpha) accounts. It is inconvenient and requires a lot of time to do this (one could argue the time required to put this into motion is not worth just tagging or farming the character up). So essentially that was the way to circumvent the prohibition of biomassing and replacing (alpha but there are usages of biomassing omega too) gank toons.

Another abuse was the fact that thanks to multiple alpha accounts you could circumveint the 15 minutes criminal timer and I did that during the empire events to great extent - I was able to gank practically nonstop with 3 alpha -10 characters that I rotated over and over until I ran out of the ships. Yes you can do the same with 3 omega accounts, that is for sure, but those at least paid for it.

On the other hand, @New_Order_Enforcer has a point too. If the reason for the nerf was because alpha toons/accounts could be unintentially abused by biomassing them or creating new over and over to get rid of ā€œconsequencesā€, then this nerf didnā€™t really fix the issue, only moved it slightly, Sure perhaps there is not that big need to do it in lowsec, but it can be done and those consequences can be shaken off.

In my opinion the nerf came only to cater to the gank-gater crowd so that the wolf ate and the goat remained whole. I highly doubt that CPP earned more money with this restriction.

I think this alpha issue could have been solved by other means. But that would require effort on CCP sideā€¦

Hey i was saying that about all the clones

No Truer words have ever been said.

I think that player was wrong too, many of the gankers at least in the past were also operating in nullsec. That being said it is a highly efficient and effective way of ISK farming with multiple accounts if you can push yourself to do it. The effort to get a mass of accounts, setup your system and hone your ability to do this does take a lot of work and effort, there is no denying that. But once you get it down pap, it is easy. In that sense it is no different from people who mine in multi-account blobs, which was why one of the freighter gankers was running a massed Orca fleet mining ice.

NB. just to be clear I was talking about any ganking that required several accounts to pull off.

1 Like

I had been reviewing the Hawk on zkill and just wonter what is their CPS, ie Click speed in 60 second.

/

have you ganked anyone today? Do your part

Same hereā€¦I have biomassed one very low SP alpha entirely in order to create my new omega with a name I just had to have. Sheā€™ll be bursting onto the scene fairly soon, and living up to her name.

I mean, they are not allowing you to change name. Fine, but then if you want a toon with certain name on a different account then you have biomass the old one, and that old one might be alpha and have -10 security status so you would be breaking the unwritten ruleā€¦ Pretty stupid donā€™t you think?

And the rule wasnā€™t dropped just because of the alpha clone red safety nerf. The potential of abusing the biomassing to get rid of security status didnā€™t disappear with the nerf soā€¦

You can character transfer too. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

It took a few days to complete though there were a bunch of Mobile Depots cluttering up my home System so Frostpacker took care of that!

1 Like

You can do that in HiSec under a wardec including attacking mining and transport. There are multiple levels for PVP null, wormhole, lowsecā€¦ but only one for police protection. PvPā€™ers are not restricted by the limits of HiSec except except attacking players who are not interested in PvP.
HiSec miners also go into these PvP levels for mining, industry, and PvP\PvE and accept the risk the PvP enviornment. What they donā€™t do is attack people in HiSec because they accept it should only be NPC attackers or wardec.
The world of Eve is designed to handle multiple player types that are PvP focused, but they should support players that just want to focus on HiSec mining and industry. The limitations for HiSec are pretty restrictive with limited ore\gas and no Reactions.
If you want to pretend to be a PvPā€™er in HiSec join in tournaments or duels they exist for those who are limited in gameplay.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just, like, your opinion, man.

Also itā€™s a bad opinion.

4 Likes

EVE Singularity
ELite Undangerous (Solo Player mode)

ā€¦

2 Likes

dude with an alt trying to tell people what pvp is zzz

so you want highsec strictly pve only? can you think about the consquences of that beyond ā€˜i donā€™t wanna be griefed plx!!11ā€™ ??

It sure feels like pve when travelling through your staging systems. How come you donā€™t wave back when Iā€m passing through.

Waving to others is considered interaction and that means pvp

You have to pay to play.