With out ganking, high sec would just be boring

Then please explain the battleships, T3Ds, battlecruisers, cruisers and HACs that I have ganked. They CAN fight back - they just choose not to because they lack the testicular fortitude.

5 Likes

Lets be clear. I am discussing mechanics that were previously available to new and veteran players, regardless of their status being omega or alpha.

You are the one that decided to move the goal posts and use capital ship jump drives as an example. This was not only a poor example but also completely out of context, which in turn I was easily able to debunk.

Rather than make a constructive argument to further your point, you have elected to use ā€œword saladā€ as a defence.

Then you have the gall to accuse me of not having anything else.

1 Like

Gosh. I go absolutely everywhere in highsec with weapons on pre-heat and shields/armour activatedā€¦ready for trouble.

4 Likes

If you go around always trying to be ready for combat that would lead to performance issues and burn out.

You might even start to develop a low form of ocd.

1 Like

Yes.

This is actually normal for eve.

You should be ready for combat every time you undock. After all, clicking the undock button is consenting to pvp.

And in EvE, the those with a healthy level of paranoia, and humor tend fair better overall in the game.

4 Likes

I still live in Highsec, I am as safe as docking.

But Frosty ā€¦ What is it you desire?

Look we are getting mighty tired of these talking in code messages.

Inform your handler that She knows how to press my buttons and send an evemail! :rage:

Nonsense. EVE remains a multiplayer game with or without ganking.

1 Like

Erā€¦just having a bunch of people on a server does not make it multiplayer. Multiplayer means multiple people playing. ā€˜Leave me aloneā€¦I want to mineā€™ is not that.

And bearing in mind that your alt has only been in the game 4 days, what do you know anyway. Just another person with zero killboard commenting on PvPā€¦par for the course.

3 Likes

this ^

And how many ppl were using alphas to gank and subvert the biomass rule??

0, alphas are on the other hand being used to visit Ahbazon, dunk everything they want including pods, make new alpha when SS is very low. Profit. No one seems to be against it, which is great.

If dunking and making a carnage while sitting in Ahbazon has 0 problems, ganking with alphas in highsec has -1 problems since an alpha can do ā– ā– ā– ā–  apart from joining a big ganking fleet .

ā€œSo making safety red an omega only mechanic, simply prevents new players from trying out ganking and potentially subbing multiple accounts once they get a taste for it.ā€

Thats all.

1 Like

shhhhhhhhh canā€™t give out the big EVE secret to success in this game.

Mining away from Jita and high population areas?? :exploding_head: Playing in high value ships away from the common gank areas?? :exploding_head:

What do you mean I can do lv 4 missions beyond only the SOE corp?? :exploding_head:
What do you mean incursion runners donā€™t get ganked daily in the HQ system?? Despite us useing officer guns and the litteral best abyssal modules ISK can buy!? :exploding_head:

Try telling someone who really hates gankers this FACT. They refuse to let their world view that gankers are in 100% of HS to crumble away.

4 Likes

Well thereā€™s a testing ground for how ā€œeve without highsec gankingā€ would develop. Itā€™s called ā€œEve Echoesā€.

1 Like

We know that EveOnline does not need to have ganking in Highsec, we had been on this ship for enough years now to know the difference in what is actually good for the fine Citizens of New Eden and what is a deterrent.

Together we share a common goal and it had always been a stage for mistakes. Pilot error or just not paying full attention when at the helm. By removing ganking from +0.8, 0.9 & 1.0 systems would improve new player experiences where they actually seek out combat pvp in their own way when they feel that they are ready.

In closing would like dedicate this thread reply to the wonderful times we spent in New Eden to date.
Frostpacker

2 Likes

Ganking is good

Donā€™t listen to the Borgan Donor

Ganking is good

2 Likes

We seen the editā€¦ you can not hide that from us!

We are the British Borg

Resistance would be impolite

Please wait to be assimilated

2 Likes

We donā€™t hold a titan sitter like you do!