Won't fit Gas Cloud Harvester

I was looking into gas harvesting and I see on a lot of Youtube videos, where people fit the “Gas Cloud Harvester I” on their Venture. But if I try that, the game tells me “You can’t fit that module on the Venture”.
Also tried it on all the ships I own and simulations with bigger ships I do not own, but I keep getting NO. Game will not fit the “Gas Cloud Harvester I” anywhere.

I do have all the skills, so what could the problem be here…?

1 Like

Screenshot: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/5067144135253779879/01B5D968DC491F33A4EE28EE9CF90559FC76DF36/?imw=1024&imh=618&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

1 Like

The old Gas Cloud Harvesters have been renamed to Gas Cloud Scoop about a year ago during a big mining update.

The same patch introduced new Gas Cloud Harvesters, but those are modules for mining Barges and Exhumers, like what Ice Harvesters (Barge-only module) are compared to Ice Mining Lasers (turrets) or what Strip Miners (Barge-only module) are compared to Mining Lasers (turrets, which fit on your Venture).

Get two Gas Cloud Scoops!

2 Likes

Looking at the info of the mod or any mod should give you a general idea of what it will and wont fit to

Thanx, That explains it…
I’m already working with the Gas Scoops. Was hoping to speed things up with the Harvesters. But I guess there is a lot of out dated info out there…

The game has changed a lot over the years, so there’s a lot of outdated information.

For mining many things changed last year, at the same time the harvesters were renamed to scoops.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.