Would appreciate input from actual WH dwellers

If I enter a system in J-space and see there are 30 or more sigs to scan I just want to slam my head against the desk.

Time to search for another activity that suits your taste better. There are plenty of things that could be improved in the current scanning system, but automating the process is absolutely not one of them. Scanning is one of the few activities that rewards players who arn’t brain dead. If you have a proper technique you can scan down 30 signatures pretty fast.

But to not throw away your idea completely, I absolutely could get behind a active module with long cycle time that significantly boosts scan probe strength/reduces scan time at the price of not being able to cloak/warp/tether/dock.

That’s what happened to me too. It wasn’t the scanning per se but at time it felt like I was the only one doing it and being by myself for hours, I couldn’t do much else.

Your entire argument leans on the idea that your definition of rewarding is the same as everybody else’s. It’s not. Many of us enjoy scanning in it’s current form. If you don’t like it, that’s fine. The greatest thing about this game is that it has such a vast array of activities available. Rather than trying to mold one that you don’t like into something else, you’re better served finding another activity.

Honestly, you got these same responses when you posted this the first time in the Features and Ideas section. I don’t know why you’d expect a more favorable response in the WH Space section.

Terrible idea, it has never been so easy to scan wh space and it has never been so empty because of it.

Scanning has changed quite a bit over the years. Some would argue it is far too automated now compared to back in the day. As has been mentioned before in this thread you can always identify the type of site at 25% so you don’t need to get every sig to 100% if you’re searching for something specific. Also if you train all scan skills to 5 you can actually drop everything back to T1 and make your relic/data site boat effectively disposable cost wise and still be able to scan 99% of sites.

There has to be some barrier to entry after all and if that barrier is tricky probe placement then so be it, WH space is not for you. Plenty more stuff to do albeit possibly less lucrative.

Scanning sigs right now is fine. Review you skills in scanning and the way you’ve fit your scanning ship.

I get excited when I see lots of sigs. Content.

i’d like to be able to set a ‘default launch pattern’.

EG: Launch probes in 8AU pinpoint pattern centred on the Sun.
OR
Launch probes in 0.5AU pinpoint pattern centred on my ship.

So I can launch and analyse without having to do a placement that first pass.

Stop being lazy. Scanning already has been dumbed a ton. The whole positioning thing is a blasphemy and counter logical.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.