Would botting play become harder if CCP trolled local?

Who threw the weird reality switch! I find myself agreeing with the Princess of Dark Surprises.

How would a bot that is able to watch local not also be able to watch dscan?

In opposition to it, dscan should update automatically, just like local does. Decent bots can “hit dscan” every two seconds in both k- and j-space, it’s players that get annoyed by having to hit it all the time and neglect it. One out of many disadvantages that players have against bots in this game.

It’s the future and we have spaceships, but we don’t have any kind of automated reconnaisance and early awareness systems :thinking:

Put up an automated monitoring system for reds entering grid, make it configurable to also trigger on dscan activity or local activity, and enable it to have an audible alert. What would happen? No content any more, right? Or is it rather that the miners would disable the alert because it disrupts their “home office”, wouldn’t notice the auto-updated dscan no matter how the new entry in it flashes as the client is alt-tabbed out for the sake of netflix, … and the nullers that mimic bot behaviour with their armies of alts, when not fully or semi-afk, would realize some sound but it’d take them so much time to alt-tab through their clients that you’ve already pointed the Ishtar before it’s operator found the corresponding eve client

1 Like

You’re welcome, EVE third party tool developer community, to write a driver that simulates this device.

Corrected it for you.

For an estimate, a device stub for a sensor of that simplicity, to a driver developer, would take about one working day to write. Assuming an 10 work-hour day, it decomposes to 1 minute for the device stub code, 59 minutes for platform integration and testing, and 10 hours of sitting on the black ops battleship, waiting for the hunter to grab something to drop on. That’s 11 hours if you sum it up. But you do it in 10, because your pro-pvp-skills allow you to sit on the blops for an hour while working on the stub driver, and complaining that the hunter doesn’t get enough prey, and all 3 at the same time!

1 Like

:rofl:
L33T pvp skills are really useful

I hate all types of captchas with a passion. They are a lazy man’s solution to a problem and annoy everyone for the sake of filtering out a couple of bots (at least those who haven’t yet adapted to that particular type of captcha anyway).

If you wait that long to start aligning in a barge, you die. Unless someone is trying to gank you in a titan or something.

Bet you try to come back at me with “passive” aligning. Go on, say it.

Yes OKay I zig wag on the belts and at speed so I am aligned 85% of the time

Hi All

An ‘easier’ method would be to extend the system that CCP has already for ‘Space Weather’ used for events.

In Random systems a ‘Geomagnetic Storm’ arises that interferes with Local and D-Scan, adding random delays to response and reducing range of detection.

The storms could last a couple of hours or days.

Local could be delayed between 2 to 10 minutes.
D-Scan could be reduced to a down to a couple of hundred Kilometres.
The effects could vary during the storm.
The only clue might be a change in the visual appearance of the star, thus making it harder for a bot to spot.

Once in a while a ‘Carrington Scale Event’ could occur that knocks out Local and D-Scan entirely for an entire day.

On the other hand a ‘Coronal Mass Ejection’ might interact with a ship’s shields in such away that their Signature Radius is increased so dramatically that they might even appear on the Overview or illuminate Cloaked Ships so they could be scanned down.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.