Wrong Agent Type?

I noticed two agents I had seemed to have an odd typing.

I got a bunch of storyline arcs avalible.

Talking to Uittisen Yortonen, under his name is “division mining” but his mission is to rescue some VIPs where there are hostile NPCs on grid.

Amendreinn Asgurard under his name in a conversation (the window where you can accept missions) it says “Division: Security” but he wants Veldspar.

Alpedurch Soulobert in his conversation window under him says “Division: Distribution” but he wants me to pick stuff from point A and go to point B and that one makes sense.

1 Like

Sometimes they do cross into other divisions. Ive had several mining missions that have combat and youll get sec missions where you are just hauling. Distro missions =/= hauling missions.

2 Likes

Storyline missions picks closest storyline agent available and give corresponding type of mission based on 16 missions you did. That means that that level and type of storyline agent don’t matter. Only his location

3 Likes

Level does matter in the fact that the algorithm tracks that its 16 of the same level and same faction to get the storyline agents.

So if you did 8 L3 and 8 L4, caldari navy missions, you would NOT get a story agent

2 Likes

You can also stack storyline missions in order to get standing with a corp that you want if the first storyline agent isn’t associated with the corp you are running missions for. The mission agent will send you to the closest storyline agent available for that faction. If you just let that storyline mission sit and keep doing more missions, it will refer you to the next closest, then the next, etc…

For example, I was running missions for Khanid Navy. The closest storyline agent to me works for Khanid Transport. So, I did another 16 missions and it referred me to a storyline agent that works for Khanid Navy.

Today I was lucky enough to be running missions for Ammatar Fleet and have a storyline agent of the same level and corp in the same station as I am running the missions from.

2 Likes

Same faction… so it doesn’t need to be same corp?

1 Like

Corp doesnt matter because storylines are faction standings. Thats why i said same level and same faction

1 Like

Doesn’t even have to be the same type of agent. You could run 5 distro, 5 mining, and 6 security missions and get a storyline, just as long as those missions were the same level and for the same faction…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.