XLSB Orthrus Suggestions

So I’ve been playing around with the Orthrus a bit an I think I’ve put together a fit that I may enjoy, however, I’m nowhere near the best seasoned solo pilot at all.

I intend to fly this solo. It’s concept is to keep range and scram anything with an overheated scram before it gets close to me. But also well off tanky enough to bait others into fighting it.

[Orthrus, XLSB Orthus]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Large Shield Extender II
Domination Warp Disruptor
Domination Warp Scrambler
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Any suggestions to make it better without turning it into a 750m+ fit would be great.

Thanks guys.

My advice, hop on Singularity, fit a few of those and fly around with it. Maybe fly into an anomaly like a Haven or Sanctum and get a feel how incoming blobbh damage feels like.

While flying around you may or not make changes to optimize. Good luck

Looks like a standard RLML fit - I’ve had a lot of fun flying a very similar fit solo.

I would drop the damage control and fit a nanofiber. I would also replace the thermal screen with a overclocking unit: this would allow you to swap out the co-processor for a third ballistic control. Do make sure you fly with RL-100* and LM-90* implants for maximum hurt.

I have noticed some people fit a neut in the utility high to take care of frigates that get too close - not to my taste, but an interesting idea.

With changes earlier this year also have a look at HAM/HM fits. While RLMS’s are great for knocking out frigates to T1 cruisers the reload time for more solid targets is a pain. I like HAM fits that, with two missile range mods and 1 guidance enhancer, can do prolonged damage at 40km+: great for taking down larger targets. I have also had a lot of luck using electronic warfare rather than shield tank and defensive scram: very high risk but fun.

BTW - most people see the Orthrus as something to avoid, rather than bait. Unless they are a blob.

Cheers,
DRP.

Everyone knows Carl. Carl’s the dude in the Slicer that thinks he can burn in and get a hero point while they probe it down.

Orthrus’ (Orthri?) tend to really enjoy chewing up Carls.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.