Questions for you regular Burner Ashimmu runners

[I’m going to humbly ask that if you haven’t run the Burner Ashimmu mission at least 5-10 times in the past year or so to refrain from offering what may be antiquated and potentially dangerous advice.]

Ever since the Orthrus nerf, Anize’s fit hasn’t been possible (that I know of.)

I’m wary of the Gila for reasons stated here: Burner Ashimmu fits

I’m currently trying the cheap Cerb fit mentioned there, but it seems like I’m noticing these things:

• Even with max skills and missile implants, it takes almost a full load from the rlml just to take down ONE sentinel
  • I feel like if I wait too long to deploy drones, the DPS really starts to chew through me faster than comfortable, even with the XLSB on overheat. This is regardless of whether I initially turn and run away, or if I select ‘orbit at 13km’ right away on the ashimu.
  • Without a tractor beam, seems like getting to the wrecks takes a ton of time. Not sure with the drop rate if it’s worth it.

How are y’all flying the Ashimmu these days to give yourselves a comfortable margin of safety and a reasonable return on your time? Out of curiosity, do any of you burner / blitzing regulars skip Blood Base now? Is the bling version of the cerb fit in that guide pretty much required these days? (I ran the cheap version, but it was a little too close for comfort.)

Would love to hear thoughts from Chainsaw Plankton and company. (How do you tag someone in these forums anyways?)

Thanks all.

type @ then the name of the person @Chainsaw_Plankton

Personnally I fit

1b base blood orthrus
[Orthrus, Simulated Orthrus]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Shadow Serpentis Damage Control

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin I x5

Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x1123
Navy Cap Booster 400 x27
Scourge Fury Light Missile x2610

I always consume at least one pyrolancea db1 , and I have an implant for missile DPS.

I start by orbiting ashimu, OL missiles and rep, and shoot one of the sentinels as soon as its speed increases , then launch drones and make them attack it.
I usually almost burn my launchers on one clip of LML, but at the end the second sentinel is on armor and my drones finish it while I reload to scourge and my ancil is reloading too.

happened a few time to reach on armor, and/or to lose all my drones before finishing the sentinel (and this sucks)

Now I’m also considering replacing the XL ASB + one LSE by two L ASB, this sould free up the rigs for one solidifier+ one kinetic rig (or one calefaction catalyst rig).

The truth is, I avoid this mission when I can, because I feel the danger is worse than other serp/angel bases (though yesterday I got a close call on serp, almost reached armor - but usually I don’t take 3 crits in a row), and the benefit is so small (15M bounty +4M reward + 10k LP - 2M ammo/repair)
I however do it periodically (when my standing is below 0)

I could swear that when they dropped the stats (CPU? Power? Can’t remember0 on the Orthrus, there was no way it would support that loadout. (I think I remember getting into fitting the third launcher and it told me my ship didn’t have the resources.)

If this fit still works, I remember (before the Orthrus nerf) I could get one sentinel with 9-10 shots from the RLML and the second one with the remaining. It was always very close.

I’ll go try to fit this again… thanks.

yes, this fit was modified by me to work .

Actually it would be better with a-type (enough fitting room)

in terms of raw tank, this should do it too, provided you OL the hardeners when killing the sentinels :

orthrus 2B active
[Orthrus, *Simulated Orthrus]
Shadow Serpentis Damage Control

Thukker Large Cap Battery
Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin I x5

Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x1223
Navy Cap Booster 400 x27
Scourge Fury Light Missile x2610

the tank is not enough for neither the DPS nor the neut with 3 foes, but once a sentinel is dead cap stability ok and once both are dead, tank stable cold.

I’ve just stuck with the gila, swap the CN bcu for a c3-x bcu to add to drone damage and keep most of the missile damage. Also the difference between 3 purgers and 2 purgers + therm resist seems pretty small, I think the 3 purgers is a bit better, especially if you need to swap to a full tank fit.

I bring a mobile depot and swap between an a-type thermal resist, and shield power relays for the lows. when things go well you don’t need to swap to tank fit but, it’s nice to have and the gila has plenty of cargo bay to bring it and a nice stack of extra drones.

and looks like a double cap battery setup can be made to work on some of the hacs, but it’s something I never really tested much.

if you can fit the xl I’d stick with it, dual large sounds nice but when I tried it it just didn’t hold up well.

1 Like

@Chainsaw_Plankton I have a noob question for you - if you bring a mobile depot, are you sitting stationary? All the guides I’ve perused suggested orbiting for to decrease incoming DPS, but maybe it doesn’t have that much impact on tanking.

Also - since you’re using Drones, how does the AI generally respond to drones these days, and when / how do you launch / assign them? Right away, or wait for the sentinels to be right on top of you?

Thanks much for your insight.

can orbit the mobile depot, not sure if it makes a difference or not as the ashimmu webs, and a passive gila has a big sig.

As far as the AI goes I usually let the sents get into orbit, heat launchers, start shooting, and after 3 volleys launch drones. On a good run you don’t get drone aggro and just kill everything quickly, on bad runs everything immediately swaps to your drones and you have to keep launching them. Most runs are somewhat in the middle, often get one or both sents down before the ashimmu starts shooting drones. Oh and I have auto-reload off as usually the 2nd sent is about to go down right around the end of the first set of missiles. as soon as the 2nd sent goes down, or reload happens I start loading scourge fury for the ashimmu.

And do note this is months old, haven’t been playing lately. I haven’t seen any comments that make me think it’s changed though.

1 Like

This is what I use - I got it from somewhere but I don’t remember where:

[Cerberus, *Ashimmu]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Dread Guristas Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II

EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II

Warrior I x3 (I don’t use them but you can. Bring a depot to swap out new ones b/c they will be targeted)

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x10000 (mission uses 550ish)
Mobile Tractor Unit

Land and don’t move/engage shield resists and booster (overheat nothing)/deploy tractor unit/attack a Sentinel and kill it/reload/attack 2nd Sentinel and kill it/reload/attack Ashimmu/reload twice and kill it

Haven’t timed it but should take about 6-7 minutes. I have a couple missile dps implants (567.8 dps) and a precision implant - those help. As long as you take out the Sentinels without delay you shouldn’t have problems tanking. Swap out the BCS II for another faction one if you can’t kill each Sentinel without reloading again. Fit assumes perfect shield skills, perfect HAC skills, near perfect missiles, etc. Try it on the test server first.

Good luck

@The_Larold

EDIT - Copied wrong fit. S/B Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster. Apologies.

1 Like

havent running a blood base for a longer time, but the onyx was always a save option.
its a bit on the slow side.

[Onyx, Burner ashimmu]

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Shield Boost Amplifier II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

you can also test a cap battery version. not sure if it worked so try it on sisi beforehand.

[Onyx, Burner ashimmu battery]

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Pithum A-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum A-Type EM Ward Amplifier

Small Tractor Beam II

edit: tested the second on sisi and worked like a charm

I killed a few one week ago and this exactly how i goes.

The question is always “will they hate my drones and kill them before I kill the second sentinel?” if that happens you HAVE TO reload one cycle of inferno, and it sux, just to kill that one sentinel, so it hads something like one more minute + the removal of DPS from losing drones.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.