YC128 Union Day Parade

Friends and fellow citizens,

In the wake of last year’s success, I once again have the honour to organize the annual Union Day Parade.

For those unfamiliar with the phenomenon, State Workers Union Day is a national holiday, during which all citizens of the State set aside their work, rivalries and what-have-you, to celebrate what our nation has achieved since we declared our independence from the Federation. A day to reflect upon how our own toil has contributed to the State our ancestors built with hard work and sacrifice, so that future generations might prosper.

This thread serves to provide Capsuleers who wish to participate in the parade fleet with all the information they might require.

TIME AND PLACE:

HOW IT WORKS:

  • Once the clock strikes 02:00 NEST on 5 September of YC128, I shall publish the Fleet Advert.
  • Once the clock strikes 02:30 NEST, I will call upon everyone to undock.
  • After the fleet undocks, I will set a 30km orbit on the C.E.P. Station and manually decrease my speed.
  • Fleet members set a 1 KM keep-at-range on the person alphabetically above them, skipping me.
  • The person at the top of the alphabetical list sets the keep-at-range on me.
  • This should result in a column of ships slowly orbiting the station.
  • Whilst this happens, we will load our fireworks of choice, and primary the station and fellow fleet members.
  • The fireworks display will be visible from the planet and nearby stations.
  • This shall spark joy amongst the baseliner citizens aboard the station, and the baseliner citizens watching from the capital planet with telescopes.
  • Once the clock strikes 03:00 NEST, the fleet will stand down.

HOSTILE ENTITIES:
Capsuleers who are currently supporting one of the following entities will not be accepted into the fleet. They can form a coinciding parade if they so desire, assuming that CONCORD and the Navy allow their presence in the system.

  • The Gallente Federation.
  • The Triglavian Collective.
  • Dragonaurs.
  • Provists.
  • Guristas.
  • Sansha’s Nation.
  • Blood Raiders.
  • Angel Cartel.

DRESS CODE:

  • Bring an empty pod, just in case.
  • Caldari hulls preferred, but not required.
  • Fireworks Launchers and fireworks preferred, but not required.
9 Likes

I shall not be attending, due to some minor disagreement between me and the local constabulary.

But I wish you well, have fun!

The parade was a truly great time and display of State unity and I look forward to next year already.



5 Likes

I MISSED THE FIREWORKS?!?!?!

■■■■ I WAS SLEEPING