You are now a Pearl Abyss employee

Run a calculation on the value of Tritanium (or any Ore) when reprocessing any compressed version.

The value of the reprocessed Tritanium is 31 isk plus.

This means that nothing that you build when using compressed Ore can be profitable, nothing.

No business venture in Eve at this time can be profitable.

This means that you are playing the game to waste ISK and ensure that more people buy Plex with IRL money.

Eve is now a method of Pearl Abyss gaining Employees that pay to work.

Scum.

%yield 0.843 Veld
Compressed Sell Buy Trit Sell P/u Buy P/u 0.843 Scordite
Concentrated 1450 1326 42 34.52380952 31.57142857 0.877 Hemorphite
Dense 1787 1678 44 40.61363636 38.13636364
Stable 6200 4350 46 134.7826087 94.56521739
Veld 1644 1439 40 41.1 35.975

Being new to manufacturing but having watched guides, wikis, business twitch streams, being decent at maths&logic and having joined a small industry corp in high sec I have already found some items that will make me a profit. Not much, just 12-15% or so but it’s profit nonetheless.

It however means NOT trying to compete with jita and the players there.

2 Likes

Come to think.

A method of getting rid of Pearl Abyss is to short their stock and then mass log off for 3-6 months.

This would make you IRL money and break their profit margins on quarterly reports.

Not if you compare you mining (Assuming you mine) to the value of you IRL job per hour.

Being a new player, I am advising you to simply not play.

Edit: I have to assume you are simply wrong since you have not put any math or logic into your statement. Cows are green, is as much as you have said,.

So would you rather CCP go back to investors who could care less about the game and just the numbers at the bottom of a piece of paper, or have an investor who is at least a gaming company as well? (not saying PA is the best offer)

The purpose of running industry, at a large scale, (not just build your own ship for fun, which is fine) is to make a profit, be efficient, know that your data, sources and market are optimised etc.

Otherwise your business is ■■■■ and you don’t even know it.

I would go back to idiots over a “Gaming company” that has broken every game it has ever bought.

I make isk just fine to a point where I can afford 2-3 large skill injectors per week.

I don’t mine for my minerals, I DO mine but only to participate in the group activity but it’s peanuts and not worth my time nor do I enjoy it on its own.

1 Like

Cows are still green… You are not saying anything.

Are you basically saying, because he’s making isk, and is enjoying the game, he’s wasting his time? What are YOU trying to say overall.

2 Likes

Maybe I should explain “Cows are green”: Its an opinion without data or logic to back it up.

I make isk that is not the issue.

“Fun” in large scale industry is efficiency and profit. If you have not built your own calculators on to work out the exact price of your inputs and resulting outputs, you do not know if you are making a profit.

I have made these calculators.

So what I am saying is that his unsubstantiated Opinion is irrelevant to this thread.

This is the newbie forum.

3 Likes

As mentioned above, why does this matter to new players? Do you have any particular questions?

3 Likes

Its a PSA. Informing noobs on what they are getting into.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing a new player question here.

5 Likes

Closing this thread for multiple violations.

1.Specifically restricted conduct.
The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.
In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Ranting
  • Off Topic Posting

3. Post constructively.
Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online if it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

8. Individual forum sections may have additional rules.
Please check the sticky threads at the top of each individual forum section before posting there. Some forum sections have specific rules for their purpose, such as sales rules in the Marketplace and In/Out Of Character rules in the Fiction Portal.

4 Likes