Yulai what?

My corps was recently war-decced. Later a number of other corps war-decced me as well. Nothing happened until last Sunday when the original corps called off the war. Yesterday I got a number of eve-mails from Concord saying that the secondary war-decs had been found in violation of the Yulai Convention.

I looked up the Convention to see why the war-decs had been ruled invalid but there is very little written on the subject.

Does anyone have a source where I could find out what the Yuali Convention is and says? It does seem to be a bit of a mystery.

Itā€™s just an RP way of saying ā€˜the war is overā€™. Everyone gets the same message.

1 Like

Yulai Convention states that the war cant be continued without bribing CONCORD first.

Of course the word ā€˜bribingā€™ is not there but it is technically the same.

You can look through the Official Lore Portal for various back stories and chronicles about the Yulai convention.

Basically, CONCORD, the ā€œpoliceā€ force, is actually more like The United Nations (UN), in charge of keeping the peace between the empires, and in charge of regulating ā€œcapsuleerā€ affairs. According to the lore, all the empires fund our training and our NPC station clones, in order to get the benefit of all the people in high-sec doing missions for them, or whatever.

As far as the war declaration, the enemy corp must pay a fee to declare war on your corp. Then that lasts a week, and they must pay a fee again to continue the war (itā€™s like a weekly subscription). They have the option of outright canceling the war, but if they donā€™t do that and just let the subscription go unpaid, CONCORD invalidates their war (cancels it).

Thatā€™s the message you got. The primary enemy cancelled the war, all the secondary enemies didnā€™t actually click the cancel button, they just didnā€™t pay the renewal fee.

By the way, if someone declares war on you, and you declare war back at them, then itā€™s a mutual thing and the war fees become ā€œfree.ā€ Like a duel.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.