2017/11/13 - Post Downtime Login Issues

There was long 16 digit error code after few attempts of loading my profile

Fire in a bug report with all of that info as well as any logs that you have. Then put the EBR number here for me if you can.

Initially couldn’t log in any toons.
Saw the red box notice, followed the link to here. Saw that I was going to have to “unpin” all 7 accounts and re-enter them (again).
Sighed, drank some coffee and did it.
Not too difficult. Didn’t have to read/scroll the EULA at all, the “Accept” button showed up each time without delay.
Checked that the profiles all matched the accounts.
Logged in a couple toons and everything is fine.

Curiously enough, that was on my desktop. On my laptop (running Win10 as well) I haven’t had to do anything. I’ve logged a couple of the same and a couple different toons in on that machine with no issues whatsoever. No update/unpinning/relogging required.
(Not complaining ! Though I suspect I’ll blink at some point and will then have to do the same thing on that launcher as well. Will try not to blink for as long as possible.)

Launcher forgets all accounts again … had to enter name and pw for all accounts twice today.

1 Like

Because they fired the community devs responsible for it.

“EVE will not be affected by the layoffs”

For a few days now my launcher has been forgetting my accounts, and I have had to relog in (I have several accts and have had to start from scratch on all of them many times now). This is getting old. :cry:

Honestly, how hard is it for an entire team of programmers to fix such a little problem (that pisses off players before they can even log in).

1 Like

I hope this wasn’t some disgruntled ex-employee causing mischief, 'cause if it was that was way too cliche.

Yep.

The incompetence is real.

2 Likes

Hey, here’s an idea: YOU go file a bug report.

This business of telling customers to go to administrative duties when the product has obvious and uncontested flaws is indicative of a government employee mindset.

You are an ISD, YOU go do something. And telling people to file reports is not doing something. It is passing the buck, posturing as someone important while doing nothing.

That horrible, since last patch, i can’t log in!
I have 10 minutes for accept rules and after than, i type my passeword for log my characters.
And my main account is block. The second account launch and… Crach, blue screen!
I reboot my computer, and now when i try to launch my both account, i have a black screen… and nothing.

i have uninstall the game and install it back. but nothing! the probleme is the same.
What happened seriouly? never seen a thing like that in 5 years of game…

This launcher situation is ridiculous.

With the new launcher we were supposed to have to relog accounts once, click Remember Account, and be good to go.

Nope.

Don’t know how many times I’ve had to re-enter my account info as the launcher keeps forgetting it.

Fix this.

The reason I asked Valtrinor to file a bug report is because I cannot replicate those issues. On my end I am only having one of those issues. When someone files a bug report that enables the team of people who deal with code defects, (neither of my teams work with code or bugs) to talk to people who are having issues. The bug hunters and devs can look at logs, or request logs if they need them and pass them on to the correct people. I do not have the ability to do any of these things.

Given that I am only one issue there is no point in submitting a bug report about the others as they will not be able to get useful information from my computers logs.

i restarted my launcher on monday afternoon. i entered all of my accounts. i logged in this morning and except for this account everything was gone. i am reentering account logins… again. is this going to be necessary every day?

1 Like

You did not ask. You instructed. You then claim that you can’t replicate those issues. Why not? Why can’t you find the problem, and why is it our problem that you are not able to replicate an obvious flaw?

Why are you posting on this forum instead of getting the product to an acceptable standard?

There is no humility with CCP or it’s people. You people speak to us as though we work for you.

We are not “all in this together”. We are the customers, CCP staff are the employees.

To heck with this, I’m unsubbing until the firm is sold and the game is rebooted with some kind of competence in leadership.

BTW - did someone mention already that this new launcher is absolutely crap? Logging in all my accounts two days in a row is bad but worse is the fact that I cannot easily launch multiple accounts in a row as there is a status bar appearing exactly at the position where i want to start my next account.
So instead of just clicking on the start buttons of the accounts I want to launch, I have to start the first one, wait until the status bar appears, reposition the mouse cursor where the start button of the next accounts appears and then click to start… :frowning:

That is a bug. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

…and did I mention that - as an added insult - with autolaunch the accounts do not launch in the order specified…

I have been asked for the third time since yesterday to re-enter the credentials to the same account. Good fix - pretty much consistent with the previous releases.

what programmers ?

What we need to know is that CCP Management is aware of the issue and working to fix the responsible developer(s).

3 Likes